HELP?i wan buy GTX 560 TI i need to know one thing to make me buy it

hmdwe1

Honorable
Apr 13, 2012
i wan buy GTX 560 TI i need to know one thing to make me buy it

is there any difference between Two 6-pin or 6-pin x2?

if they are not the same :D

i asked these Q because me brother saying there is a difference please help

Solution
Currently there are only two types of PCI Express power connectors:

150 Watt 8-pin PCI Express power connector

75 Watt 6-pin PCI Express power connector

The GeForce GTX 560 Ti uses two 75 Watt 6-pin PCI Express power connectors.

There is no difference between Two 6-pin or 6-pin x2. They refer to the same thing.

gary1

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
Some GPU's (high end) require 8 pin connectors. However, the majority of cards take 6pin. So power supplies come with 6+2 pin connectors, there is a regular 6 pin connector, and another that can clip on to make it 8 pin.

psu%20pcie%206%202pin.jpg

Currently there are only two types of PCI Express power connectors:

150 Watt 8-pin PCI Express power connector

75 Watt 6-pin PCI Express power connector

The GeForce GTX 560 Ti uses two 75 Watt 6-pin PCI Express power connectors.

There is no difference between Two 6-pin or 6-pin x2. They refer to the same thing.

Solution

hmdwe1

Honorable
Apr 13, 2012

thanks , so i can run GTX 560 TI in 6-pin x2?

And if you all will look at the picture gary so kindly provided, you will notice that the "+2" portion has two black ground wires. The 8 pin connector, like the six pin connector has three yellow hot 12 volt wires.

I know what the manufacturers say, but can someone please explain how adding 2 ground wires can double the current capacity of a cable with the same number of hot wires?

NVIDIA's GeForce 9800 GT web page specifications are wrong. A 105 Watt card does not require two 75 Watt 6-pin PCI Express power connectors. I'm willing to bet that it is a copy and paste error from the GeForce 9800 GTX specifications.

The card has only one 75 Watt 6-pin PCI Express power connector.

Even their own product images show that the card has only one 75 Watt 6-pin PCI Express power connector.

Every GeForce 9800 GT product review, from many different vendors that I've looked at, say and show that the card has only one 75 Watt 6-pin PCI Express power connector.

It's not two ground wires. Anyone that thinks that it's two ground wires is mistaken.

Only one of the pins is a ground and the other one is the Sense1 pin.

When the Sense1 pin is jumpered/shorted to ground, on the graphics card, that tells the graphics card that an 8-pin PCI-E connector is connected and that it can draw up to 150 Watts through that PCI-E connector.

If the Sense1 pin is left open (i.e. unconnected/not shorted to ground) on the graphics card then it indicates to the graphics card that a 6-pin PCI-E connector is connected and that the graphics card is only allowed to draw up to 75 Watts from that PCI-E connector.