logon screen

how do i get rid of the logon screen. I just want windows to start without
loging on
6 answers Last reply
More about logon screen

    In news:C692ADA3-5ED7-4175-9918-DCE102670BE6@microsoft.com,
    lyndest <lyndest@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

    > how do i get rid of the logon screen. I just want windows to
    > start
    > without loging on

    Start | Run, type "control userpasswords2" Start | Run, type
    "control userpasswords2" Select the account you want to logon to
    automatically. Then uncheck the box "Users must enter a user name
    and password to use this computer."
    Or do the same thing with TweakUI.

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    You can use the following steps to enable automatic logon:

    1. Click Start, and then click Run.
    2. In the Open box, type: control userpasswords2 , and then click OK.
    3. In the dialog box that appears, clear the "Users must enter a user name
    and password to use this computer" check box, and then click OK.

    How to Enable Automatic Logon in Windows
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315231&Product=winxp

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "lyndest" wrote:

    | how do i get rid of the logon screen. I just want windows to start without
    | loging on

    Hi,

    To automatically log-on to Windows, type CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2 at Start/Run and press enter. Under
    the "User" tab, uncheck the box "Users must enter a username...." and hit apply. Supply the username
    and password under which you want your computer to Auto-logon everytime and OK your way out.

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "lyndest" <lyndest@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > how do i get rid of the logon screen. I just want windows to start without
    > loging on

    thank you

    "lyndest" wrote:

    > how do i get rid of the logon screen. I just want windows to start without
    > loging on

    Just wondered if there is a way to get to "userpasswords2" through the
    control panel?
    Are there many "control xxx" available that are not available through the
    control panel?

    "Anando [MS-MVP]" <anando@mvps.org> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > To automatically log-on to Windows, type CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2 at
    > Start/Run and press enter. Under the "User" tab, uncheck the box "Users
    > must enter a username...." and hit apply. Supply the username and password
    > under which you want your computer to Auto-logon everytime and OK your way
    > out.
    >

    > --
    >
    > Anando
    > Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
    > http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
    > http://www.mvps.org
    >
    > Folder customizations
    > http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
    >
    > Protect your PC!
    > http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >

    > "lyndest" <lyndest@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> how do i get rid of the logon screen. I just want windows to start
    >> without
    >> loging on

    You can visit Kelly's exellent XP site and add it to the control panel by
    using the tweak on the right-side of line 1: