logon screen

how do i get rid of the logon screen. I just want windows to start without
loging on

In news:C692ADA3-5ED7-4175-9918-DCE102670BE6@microsoft.com,
lyndest <lyndest@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> how do i get rid of the logon screen. I just want windows to
> start
> without loging on

Start | Run, type "control userpasswords2" Start | Run, type
"control userpasswords2" Select the account you want to logon to
automatically. Then uncheck the box "Users must enter a user name
and password to use this computer."
Or do the same thing with TweakUI.

Please reply to the newsgroup

You can use the following steps to enable automatic logon:

1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. In the Open box, type: control userpasswords2 , and then click OK.
3. In the dialog box that appears, clear the "Users must enter a user name
and password to use this computer" check box, and then click OK.

How to Enable Automatic Logon in Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315231&Product=winxp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"lyndest" wrote:

| how do i get rid of the logon screen. I just want windows to start without
| loging on

Hi,

To automatically log-on to Windows, type CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2 at Start/Run and press enter. Under
the "User" tab, uncheck the box "Users must enter a username...." and hit apply. Supply the username
and password under which you want your computer to Auto-logon everytime and OK your way out.

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"lyndest" <lyndest@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> how do i get rid of the logon screen. I just want windows to start without
> loging on

thank you

"lyndest" wrote:

> how do i get rid of the logon screen. I just want windows to start without
> loging on

Just wondered if there is a way to get to "userpasswords2" through the
control panel?
Are there many "control xxx" available that are not available through the
control panel?

"Anando [MS-MVP]" <anando@mvps.org> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> To automatically log-on to Windows, type CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2 at
> Start/Run and press enter. Under the "User" tab, uncheck the box "Users
> must enter a username...." and hit apply. Supply the username and password
> under which you want your computer to Auto-logon everytime and OK your way
> out.
>

> --
>
> Anando
> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
> http://www.mvps.org
>
> Folder customizations
> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
>
> Protect your PC!
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>

> "lyndest" <lyndest@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> how do i get rid of the logon screen. I just want windows to start
>> without
>> loging on

You can visit Kelly's exellent XP site and add it to the control panel by
using the tweak on the right-side of line 1: