akijames1234

Honorable
Sep 15, 2012
guys, i deperately need sum advise or suggestions regarding my new fx 4100 processor...................... i just purchased it last month.............................

everything waz working fine........................... but since last week m having sum kinda temp issues............. here are my temperature status stated below.....

at idle it remains 37 - 40 degree celcius.............

and specially when i play games like the witcher 2 assassins etc it climbs up to 65-70 degree celcius............. :(

is that ok...........???? or do i have to buy a new aftermarket cpu cooler ????

is thermal paste an important factor cause i have noticed that only a lil amount is left on the heat sink and processor........................

can it be the reason for the temp variation's????

moreover i hve just installed five cooler master 120mm fans for better airflow................

here's my sys rig-

amd fx 4100 3.6 ghz processor

corsair cx 600 watt psu

corsair 300r cabinet

kingston (4x2) 8 gb ddr3 ram

xfx radeon hd 6850 1gb ddr5 graphics card

please help me ............

thank you..................................

azathoth

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
These temperatures are within range, but on the high side for stock cooling.

Explain how you managed to 'check' how much paste was on these components?
Did you disassemble the heatsink, then stick it right back on after?
This would create air pockets further increasing your temperature.

If you have any lying around, or you have a local PC shop, see if you can find even a cheap (~$10) thermal paste to re-apply to the processor.

---If you haven't already, try de-dusting your heatsink first!

Those temps seem pretty normal to me. They aren't great, especially the idle, but they are nothing unusual or dangerous.

If you noticed there isnt much paste left, I assume you took the cooler off and then mounted it back on? That may be your issue.
If you take the CPU heatsink off, you have to clean and apply fresh paste on it. Taking it off and then putting it back on can trap air-bubbles, which can lead to higher temperatures.

Agreed with above. I'm somewhat partial to the Hyper 212 Plus over the Evo when it's discounted like it is now at Newegg with a 33% off MIR because the two have roughly identical cooling, but the Evo is a little quieter and can be said to be worth a mere few dollars more because of that.