Please,i need help...

BlueRain

Distinguished
May 13, 2001
I had trouble with pc so i decided to do clean install.

My system..

AMD 1.2 FSB 266
Raid 0
Win me OS
MB GIG 7dx

When i get to the part where it (set up page) states in the lower left hand corner
" watch here 30-60- minutes" there's a big message in the center of screen that states....

SETUP DETECTION MESSAGE
MESSAGE SUOO13

"Setup cannot create files on your startup drive for windows me.

If you have HPFS (I don't even know what HPFS is) or windows NT(i don't have NT) file system you need to create an MS-DOS boot partition.

If you have LANstastic server or superstor compression disable it before running setup(i don't have this ).

For more iformation,see section on installing on a clean computer in setup.txt on the windows me edition CD-ROM"

END OF MESSAGE

I have been at this for almost 3 days and can't get pass this message, i have no idea .

I tried to get to the setup.txt on cd but i must be typing it wrong.

I'm ready to throw this thing out the window, please what should i do, step by step. I never did a clean install.

Maybe someone can call me collect and walk me thru it, anyone live in NYC?

I'm on webtv right now, very very slow and sometimes i can't get access to forums took me forty minutes to get here(page too big kept coming up)

I'm at tech-dee@webtv.net

PS:I scanned disks and they are ok ,no errors.

Thnaks so much

Blue

" Soon My Friend , Soon...."

BlueRain

Distinguished
May 13, 2001
OK, lets try another question!

The fsdk and formatting went ok but when it gets to setup it stops with same message mentioned in first post here.

So i went back and noticed my second drive(extended) is showing active .

I have 2 drives in raid 0

The primary is suppose to be active not the extended ( i must have changed it by mistake)

How do i get it back to where the letter A is next to choice 1 for primary?

Also, i did a complete fdsk and format(clean everything out) am i suppose to do both drives or does the pc know to do both drives?

Thanks
Blue at tech-dee@webtv.net because my pc iss down for 4 days.

" Soon My Friend , Soon...."