Closed

Locally Stored Profile

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

This is a question for experts only. In short, Windows XP is finding a
problem where a problem does not exist. My profiles are present and in
tact, why can't they be found now? Why can't I simply restart when
this error occurs? Why am I forced to login with a temporary profile?
Please continue reading...

I've been troubleshooting Locally Stored profile errors intermittently
since October 2004, it's now February 2005. In the last four months
I've read and re-read all of the published explanations for the initial
error message and the accompanying Application Log errors (listed
below).

I must restore Windows computers from Ghost images. This restoration
process is indirectly part of my job description. The person who held
the job before me created the restoration process and I have an
obligation to routinely restore computers in a similar way. We have a
labs that are used heavily for long hours; scheduled maintenance is
essential and must go smoothly.

Our restorations had no problems in prior years with Windows 2000
Professional and Windows XP SP1a. Atleast two parameters have changed:
(1) we have new Dell hardware (2) we have rolled-out Windows XP SP2.
At this point I can't begin to guess which factors may contribute to
the "Locally Stored Profile" error but I have provided the two largest
factors.

I am using Norton Ghost to create and deploy the images. I know
Microsoft provides support at arms length for disk imaging
applications. While some one might say this is not a Microsoft
problem, I have nowhere else to turn. My XP images worked fine in
previous years... XP goes through updates and a service pack and now I
have errors.

Is this problem connected to System Restore settings?

Is Sys Prep now mandatory for imaging? I really don't need to
personalize each machine, each machine has a unique personalized
image. I shouldn't need to prep a customized image.

Error Message: "Windows Cannot Load the Locally Stored Profile"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;812339
"Windows cannot load the locally stored profile: Insufficient security
rights or a corrupted local file. Windows has logged you in with a
temporary profile any setting you make will not be saved."

Also, my Application Logs report:
Errors 1508, 1502, 1515, and 1511

"Windows cannot load the locally stored profile: Insufficient security
rights or a corrupted local file. Windows has logged you
in with a temporary profile any setting you make will not be saved."
Just tell me how to make the error go away. -Tom
19 answers Last reply
More about locally stored profile
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

    Find out why it's happening. Always a good move.

    You'll find the errors in profile loading here
    C:\WINDOWS\Debug\UserMode\userenv.log

    http://www.uscricket.com
    "Tom Penharston" <thinkpersuasion@netscape.net> wrote in message news:1107387767.346471.127390@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
    > This is a question for experts only. In short, Windows XP is finding a
    > problem where a problem does not exist. My profiles are present and in
    > tact, why can't they be found now? Why can't I simply restart when
    > this error occurs? Why am I forced to login with a temporary profile?
    > Please continue reading...
    >
    > I've been troubleshooting Locally Stored profile errors intermittently
    > since October 2004, it's now February 2005. In the last four months
    > I've read and re-read all of the published explanations for the initial
    > error message and the accompanying Application Log errors (listed
    > below).
    >
    > I must restore Windows computers from Ghost images. This restoration
    > process is indirectly part of my job description. The person who held
    > the job before me created the restoration process and I have an
    > obligation to routinely restore computers in a similar way. We have a
    > labs that are used heavily for long hours; scheduled maintenance is
    > essential and must go smoothly.
    >
    > Our restorations had no problems in prior years with Windows 2000
    > Professional and Windows XP SP1a. Atleast two parameters have changed:
    > (1) we have new Dell hardware (2) we have rolled-out Windows XP SP2.
    > At this point I can't begin to guess which factors may contribute to
    > the "Locally Stored Profile" error but I have provided the two largest
    > factors.
    >
    > I am using Norton Ghost to create and deploy the images. I know
    > Microsoft provides support at arms length for disk imaging
    > applications. While some one might say this is not a Microsoft
    > problem, I have nowhere else to turn. My XP images worked fine in
    > previous years... XP goes through updates and a service pack and now I
    > have errors.
    >
    > Is this problem connected to System Restore settings?
    >
    > Is Sys Prep now mandatory for imaging? I really don't need to
    > personalize each machine, each machine has a unique personalized
    > image. I shouldn't need to prep a customized image.
    >
    > Error Message: "Windows Cannot Load the Locally Stored Profile"
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;812339
    > "Windows cannot load the locally stored profile: Insufficient security
    > rights or a corrupted local file. Windows has logged you in with a
    > temporary profile any setting you make will not be saved."
    >
    > Also, my Application Logs report:
    > Errors 1508, 1502, 1515, and 1511
    >
    > "Windows cannot load the locally stored profile: Insufficient security
    > rights or a corrupted local file. Windows has logged you
    > in with a temporary profile any setting you make will not be saved."
    > Just tell me how to make the error go away. -Tom

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

    Yes, thank you, this is exactly what I am troubleshooting. Here is a
    somewhat normal login:

    USERENV(33c.340) 15:18:20:000 MyRegUnLoadKey: Failed to unmount hive
    00000005
    USERENV(33c.340) 15:18:20:015 DumpOpenRegistryHandle: 2 user registry
    Handles leaked from
    \Registry\User\S-1-5-21-1078081533-113007714-725345543-1008
    USERENV(33c.340) 15:18:20:015 UnloadUserProfileP: Didn't unload user
    profile <err = 5>
    USERENV(33c.340) 15:18:20:765 UnloadUserProfile: UnloadUserProfileP
    failed with 0
    USERENV(33c.340) 15:19:10:750 CUserProfile::CleanupUserProfile: Ref
    Count is not 0
    USERENV(33c.340) 15:19:10:750 CUserProfile::CleanupUserProfile: Ref
    Count is not 0
    USERENV(33c.340) 15:19:10:750 CUserProfile::CleanupUserProfile: Ref
    Count is not 0
    USERENV(368.36c) 15:19:20:203 UnloadUserProfile: received a NULL
    hProfile.

    This login appears clean to the user, but still errors appear in
    userenv.log. (A corrupt login, where the Locally Stored Profile cannot
    be found, displays worse messages. I won't post all that right now.
    First I'll troubleshoot the messages above.)

    The good news, apparently, is that I do not have a problem with Norton
    Ghost. By restoring my computers from a Ghost Image a previously
    existing problem rose to the surface.

    Regarding the userenv.log errors above, I know a hive is a file that
    functions as part of the registry. What would cause a hive to fail to
    unmount? And how exactly are user handles "leaked" from the registry?
    >From my experience developer doesn't use the word "leak" in an error
    message unless it means something.

    -Tom
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

    Yes, this is exactly what I need to do. Thank you. Here are the most
    recent userenv entries from a healthy login where no problems are
    visable to the user, yet some errors are still shown:

[...]

    This computer has only local user profiles and is only on a workgroup.
    The computer was previously joined to a domain but removed until
    userenv problems can be debugged. I think I first need to understand
    the errors that occur during a healthy (somewhat healthy) login, as
    reported above. A hive is a piece of the registry stored in its own
    file, but why does hive fail to unmount? How are user registry handles
    "leaked"?

    -Tom
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

    David Candy wrote:
    > And read the readme file. It explains stuff.
    >
    > Verbose Logging

    For the time being I don't need verbosity. I selected five computers
    and they are providing me with long logs already. In fact each
    computer provides me with two complete sets of logs (1) before the
    ghost restore (2) after the ghost restore.

    > Error numbers can be turned into text by typing
    >
    > net helpmsg <error number in DECIMAL>
    >
    > EG one of your errors is 5
    >
    > C:\WINDOWS>net helpmsg 5
    >
    > Access is denied.

    The codes I have found in the application log and userenv.log are not
    available to the net helpmsg command because net is a networking
    application and I'm dealing with local issues.

    > Also Event Log may tell you the exact problem.

    I wish the event logs could provide more information. The Application
    Log error codes are in my first post so there's nothing more to add.

    > For me it's always been moving files about. A lot of probs are due to
    the >default security being changed somehow.
    > --

    You are correct! I'm ninty percent convinced that this problem is
    related to security settings. I can tell by that comment that you have
    identified a very similar problem in the past.

    -Tom
  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

    Often by having a service run as the user's credentials.

    http://www.google.com.au/search?q=cache:uXtYiJ1KvEIJ:www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx%3FFamilyID%3D1b286e6d-8912-4e18-b570-42470e2f3582%26displaylang%3Den+uphclean+&hl=en&lr=lang_en|lang_es

    And read the readme file. It explains stuff.

    Verbose Logging
    Verbose logging tracks all changes and settings applied using Group Policy and its extension to the local computer and to users who log on to the computer. The log file is located at SystemDrive\Debug. This folder is a hidden folder. Enabling verbose logging involves adding the registry key for verbose logging. By performing the following steps, you can enable verbose logging for Group Policy and its extensions.

    To enable verbose logging (Userenv.log)

    1.. Log on as the local administrator.
    2.. Click Start, and then click Run.
    3.. In the Open text box, type regedit, and then click OK.
    4.. Open the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows NT/Current Version/Winlogon key, and then click Edit on the toolbar.
    5.. Click Add Value, and enter the value name UserenvDebugLevel.
    6.. Set the Data Type to REG_DWORD, click OK, and then under Value, enter the number 30002. Set the option button to Hex.
    7.. Log off and then log on again.
    Also type userenv into help while online. Make sure search options (in Help & Support) are set to everything as you'll get lots of clues from NT4 and Win2000. It defaults to searching XP only.

    "Tom Penharston" <thinkpersuasion@netscape.net> wrote in message news:1107465193.810991.180330@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
    > Yes, thank you, this is exactly what I am troubleshooting. Here is a
    > somewhat normal login:
    >
    > USERENV(33c.340) 15:18:20:000 MyRegUnLoadKey: Failed to unmount hive
    > 00000005
    > USERENV(33c.340) 15:18:20:015 DumpOpenRegistryHandle: 2 user registry
    > Handles leaked from
    > \Registry\User\S-1-5-21-1078081533-113007714-725345543-1008
    > USERENV(33c.340) 15:18:20:015 UnloadUserProfileP: Didn't unload user
    > profile <err = 5>
    > USERENV(33c.340) 15:18:20:765 UnloadUserProfile: UnloadUserProfileP
    > failed with 0
    > USERENV(33c.340) 15:19:10:750 CUserProfile::CleanupUserProfile: Ref
    > Count is not 0
    > USERENV(33c.340) 15:19:10:750 CUserProfile::CleanupUserProfile: Ref
    > Count is not 0
    > USERENV(33c.340) 15:19:10:750 CUserProfile::CleanupUserProfile: Ref
    > Count is not 0
    > USERENV(368.36c) 15:19:20:203 UnloadUserProfile: received a NULL
    > hProfile.
    >
    > This login appears clean to the user, but still errors appear in
    > userenv.log. (A corrupt login, where the Locally Stored Profile cannot
    > be found, displays worse messages. I won't post all that right now.
    > First I'll troubleshoot the messages above.)
    >
    > The good news, apparently, is that I do not have a problem with Norton
    > Ghost. By restoring my computers from a Ghost Image a previously
    > existing problem rose to the surface.
    >
    > Regarding the userenv.log errors above, I know a hive is a file that
    > functions as part of the registry. What would cause a hive to fail to
    > unmount? And how exactly are user handles "leaked" from the registry?
    >>From my experience developer doesn't use the word "leak" in an error
    > message unless it means something.
    >
    > -Tom

  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

    Net just has the standard list of Win 32 error codes. There was an error 5 in your log. If it was a NT error code it would be 0xc0000022 (mostly for drivers but some apps report it - for historical reasons NT codes are more specific but multiple NT codes are mapped to one Win code so old programs continue to work). Error codes apply anywhere Access Denied applies to network, local, registry keys, anywhere where access is denied. COM error codes (0x8nnnnnnn), except those starting 8007, are specific to the component - they tell you nothing unless you know the component (and probably wrote it). 8007nnnn - the nnnn is a win 32 error code.

    NT Error codes are defined in ntstatus.h (people have put it on the web).
    http://216.239.63.104/search?q=cache:MmmmKLRSLhIJ:cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/mingw/w32api/include/ddk/ntstatus.h%3Frev%3D1.2+%23define+STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED+((NTSTATUS)0xC0000022L)&hl=en

    Win 32 and Com 8007nnnn are in Net.

    http://www.uscricket.com
    "Tom Penharston" <thinkpersuasion@netscape.net> wrote in message news:1107534951.499495.87010@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

    > David Candy wrote:
    >> And read the readme file. It explains stuff.
    >>
    >> Verbose Logging
    >

    > For the time being I don't need verbosity. I selected five computers
    > and they are providing me with long logs already. In fact each
    > computer provides me with two complete sets of logs (1) before the
    > ghost restore (2) after the ghost restore.
    >

    >> Error numbers can be turned into text by typing
    >>
    >> net helpmsg <error number in DECIMAL>
    >>
    >> EG one of your errors is 5
    >>
    >> C:\WINDOWS>net helpmsg 5
    >>
    >> Access is denied.
    >

    > The codes I have found in the application log and userenv.log are not
    > available to the net helpmsg command because net is a networking
    > application and I'm dealing with local issues.
    >

    >> Also Event Log may tell you the exact problem.
    >>

    > I wish the event logs could provide more information. The Application
    > Log error codes are in my first post so there's nothing more to add.
    >

    >> For me it's always been moving files about. A lot of probs are due to
    > the >default security being changed somehow.
    >> --
    >

    > You are correct! I'm ninty percent convinced that this problem is
    > related to security settings. I can tell by that comment that you have
    > identified a very similar problem in the past.
    >
    > -Tom

  7. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

    David Candy wrote:

    > Net just has the standard list of Win 32 error codes. There was an
    > error 5 in your log. If it was a NT error code it would be 0xc0000022
    > (mostly for drivers but some apps report it - for historical reasons
    > NT codes are more specific but multiple NT codes are mapped to one
    > Win code so old programs continue to work). Error codes apply
    > anywhere Access Denied applies to network, local, registry keys,
    > anywhere where access is denied. COM error codes (0x8nnnnnnn), except
    > those starting 8007, are specific to the component - they tell you
    > nothing unless you know the component (and probably wrote it).
    > 8007nnnn - the nnnn is a win 32 error code.
    >
    > NT Error codes are defined in ntstatus.h (people have put it on the web).
    > http://216.239.63.104/search?q=cache:MmmmKLRSLhIJ:cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/mingw/w32api/include/ddk/ntstatus.h%3Frev%3D1.2+%23define+STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED+((NTSTATUS)0xC0000022L)&hl=en
    >
    > Win 32 and Com 8007nnnn are in Net.
    Hi

    Microsoft have released a command line tool err.exe that I use
    sometimes. It is listed as an Exchange tool, but it works fine
    on WinXP.

    Error Code Lookup
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=be596899-7bb8-4208-b7fc-09e02a13696c&displaylang=en

    May 24, 2004. Determine error values from decimal and hexadecimal
    error codes in Microsoft Windows operating systems.

    the 1328 page Scripting Guide:
  8. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

    Thank you David. Thank you Tor. Both "net helpmsg" and "err.exe" are
    very useful. I spoke too soon.

    I should add another bit of information to this post. My user accounts
    are local and my machines are on a workgroup. In fact, I took the
    machines off the domain specifically to troubleshoot this issue.
    That's what makes this so surprising. Security issues usually occur
    when domain GPs override local GPs. When I took the machines off the
    domain I thought I had eliminated the error conditions. Well as it
    turns out, I did not eliminate the error conditions, but I helped to
    isolate them even further to the local machine.

    Now I've noticed that the time between boot and login is a factor. If
    I login immediately after boot there is no problem. If I wait 5
    minutes the problem is highly likely to occur. Is this possible? Does
    it make a difference in Windows XP if a user logs on immediately or
    leaves the computer idle for a long time?
  9. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

    I see now that MS provides a tool for diagnosing profiles, uphclean:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1b286e6d-8912-4e18-b570-42470e2f3582&displaylang=en&Hash=SCXP3T9

    The readme file for uphclean.exe provides explanation for several
    Application Event Log errors. Only one of my codes is addressed,
    1511.

    "If you are using the reporting only mode (see above on how to set) you
    will
    get event id 1511 whenever UPHClean detects a hive loaded for an
    extended
    period of time if the user is not logged on (whether there are handles
    to it or not)"

    I wish the term "extended period of time" were a bit more specific.
    What period of time are they talking about?
  10. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

    February 17, 2004 Webcast:

    "Otto: What would a probable cause be for duplicate profiles being
    created after a complete system restore from backup?"

    "Buz: When we create a profile on a local machine, we'll base that
    profile off the user's name that logs on. We kind of touched on this
    when we talked about the ProfileList entry in the registry. Under
    profile list, you will see a list of SIDs. As you click through the
    SIDs, for the values of each, you will see the configured profile.

    If I'm a local user of a machine, and I log onto the machine as Buz, I
    will get a profile called Buz. If I didn't join a domain, and I joined
    the domain with the same name as I logged on locally, as Buz, now I
    will also have a Buz.<domain_name>. So that's one way you can have
    these multiple profiles.

    Another way is if the previous profile wasn't unloaded correctly. We
    discussed this too, in regard to unloading user profiles and errors
    associated with that. I'd probably look in the event log for errors
    associated with unloading your profile, and I'd see if I could perhaps
    disable some disk optimization software or some antivirus software that
    may be keeping the handle open on my profile."
  11. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

    Here's my batch file to enable verbose logging in the userenv file:

    reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows
    NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" /t REG_DWORD /v UserEnvDebugLevel /d
    00010002
    pause

    This works. Does anyone have anything to add?
  12. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

    There's a Seinfeld episode where Kramar is the voice of the "movie
    phone". At one point he yells, "JUST TELL ME THE NAME OF THE MOVIE."
    I use this phrase often in my professional life. While I usually enjoy
    debugging problems there comes a point where I just want the answer.
    Right now, I'm addressing Microsoft, "Just tell me the name of the
    movie." More specifically, just tell me what going on inside Windows
    XP. I can't guess any longer.

    Events 1502, 1508, 1511, and 1515 are all over the internet. Plenty of
    folks have looked at the same event codes that I'm reporting. The
    answers from MS are so pleasantly vaugue..

    I'm particularly interested in the suggestions that DNS issues lead to
    policy conflicts. I have recreated the "Locally Stored Profile" error
    many times just to login and find that nslookup is perfectly happy with
    my DNS server.

    I have read the notions that it's a roaming profile problem. I do not
    use roaming profiles in on these computers.

    I have read the notions that it occurs when the DC cannot be found. I
    removed my machine from the domain and the same error occurred.

    I have read the notions that anti-virus or other software prevents my
    profile from loading and I have read all about "error = 32" . Here is
    a KB article on the subjects:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328607 This article essentially tells
    me that I am on my own.

    For me, these errors only seem to occur if the login prompt is inactive
    for about 30 minutes. (This wait parameter makes my testing very long
    and very boring.)

    After login my local security policies are blown away. My hidden
    partition becomes visible. Doesn't anyone realize that this is an
    undesirable way to handle a temporary login? This is a security
    compromise.

    I'm still looking at logs. I created new Ghost images for my XP
    systems that included verbose logging in userenv. Creating the images
    takes time; the images take up substatial disk space. This is not
    typical troubleshooting.

    Enable verbose loging of the userenv.log:
    reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows
    NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" /t REG_DWORD /v UserEnvDebugLevel /d
    0x00010002
    pause

    Enable just normal logging of the userenv.log:
    reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows
    NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" /t REG_DWORD /v UserEnvDebugLevel /d
    0x00000001
    pause

    While the logs are incredibly interesting, they can be a waste of time.
    I recommend using Windiff or another differentiating program to
    isolate the unique lines. As of yet, I haven't learned anything new.

    Just tell me the name of the movie.
    -Tom
  13. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

    Hello Tom

    I am having the same problem. All of the sudden one of my employees profile
    is lost other than that the computer seems OK.

    I would like to know what you were able to do to reestablish the profile.
    Below is the usernv.log file any help you can send me I would greatly
    appreciate

    Gary

    USERENV(2c8.2cc) 11:00:25:953 CUserProfile::CleanupUserProfile: Ref Count is
    not 0
    USERENV(2c8.2cc) 11:00:25:984 CUserProfile::CleanupUserProfile: Ref Count is
    not 0
    USERENV(2c8.2cc) 11:00:25:984 CUserProfile::CleanupUserProfile: Ref Count is
    not 0
    USERENV(2c8.560) 11:00:40:218 GetGPOInfo: Local GPO's gpt.ini is not
    accessible, assuming default state.
    USERENV(2c8.52c) 11:41:49:684 GetGPOInfo: Local GPO's gpt.ini is not
    accessible, assuming default state.
    USERENV(2c8.2cc) 11:46:28:912 MyRegUnLoadKey: Failed to unmount hive 00000005
    USERENV(2c8.2cc) 11:46:28:912 DumpOpenRegistryHandle: 2 user registry
    Handles leaked from
    \Registry\User\S-1-5-21-938932422-4196842621-2302551218-1141
    USERENV(2c8.2cc) 11:46:28:912 UnloadUserProfileP: Didn't unload user profile
    <err = 5>
    USERENV(2c8.2cc) 11:46:29:272 UnloadUserProfile: UnloadUserProfileP failed
    with 0
    USERENV(2c8.a48) 11:46:50:421 GetGPOInfo: Local GPO's gpt.ini is not
    accessible, assuming default state.
    USERENV(70c.454) 11:54:37:795 GetUserNameAndDomain: MyGetUserNameEx failed
    for NT4 style name with 1115
    USERENV(478.47c) 11:55:07:015 CUserProfile::CleanupUserProfile: Ref Count is
    not 0
    USERENV(478.47c) 11:55:07:046 CUserProfile::CleanupUserProfile: Ref Count is
    not 0
    USERENV(478.47c) 11:55:07:046 CUserProfile::CleanupUserProfile: Ref Count is
    not 0
    USERENV(478.6e0) 11:55:28:781 GetGPOInfo: Local GPO's gpt.ini is not
    accessible, assuming default state.
    USERENV(478.324) 11:56:13:855 GetGPOInfo: Local GPO's gpt.ini is not
    accessible, assuming default state.
    USERENV(478.47c) 11:58:52:119 MyRegUnLoadKey: Failed to unmount hive 00000005
    USERENV(478.47c) 11:58:52:134 DumpOpenRegistryHandle: 2 user registry
    Handles leaked from
    \Registry\User\S-1-5-21-938932422-4196842621-2302551218-500
    USERENV(478.47c) 11:58:52:134 UnloadUserProfileP: Didn't unload user profile
    <err = 5>
    USERENV(478.47c) 11:58:52:354 UnloadUserProfile: UnloadUserProfileP failed
    with 0
    USERENV(478.278) 11:59:32:252 GetGPOInfo: Local GPO's gpt.ini is not
    accessible, assuming default state.
    USERENV(478.d78) 13:43:35:217 GetGPOInfo: Local GPO's gpt.ini is not
    accessible, assuming default state.
    USERENV(478.66c) 13:45:32:094 GetGPOInfo: Local GPO's gpt.ini is not
    accessible, assuming default state.
    USERENV(478.66c) 15:20:33:476 GetGPOInfo: Local GPO's gpt.ini is not
    accessible, assuming default state.
    USERENV(478.d78) 15:26:35:575 GetGPOInfo: Local GPO's gpt.ini is not
    accessible, assuming default state.
    USERENV(478.66c) 17:01:40:464 GetGPOInfo: Local GPO's gpt.ini is not
    accessible, assuming default state.
    USERENV(478.d78) 17:18:35:853 GetGPOInfo: Local GPO's gpt.ini is not
    accessible, assuming default state.
    USERENV(478.66c) 18:37:40:885 GetGPOInfo: Local GPO's gpt.ini is not
    accessible, assuming default state.
    USERENV(478.66c) 20:12:41:279 GetGPOInfo: Local GPO's gpt.ini is not
    accessible, assuming default state.
    USERENV(478.66c) 21:58:41:669 GetGPOInfo: Local GPO's gpt.ini is not
    accessible, assuming default state.
    USERENV(478.66c) 23:41:42:043 GetGPOInfo: Local GPO's gpt.ini is not
    accessible, assuming default state.
    USERENV(478.66c) 01:20:42:381 GetGPOInfo: Local GPO's gpt.ini is not
    accessible, assuming default state.
    USERENV(478.66c) 02:55:42:732 GetGPOInfo: Local GPO's gpt.ini is not
    accessible, assuming default state.
    USERENV(478.66c) 04:25:43:060 GetGPOInfo: Local GPO's gpt.ini is not
    accessible, assuming default state.
    USERENV(478.66c) 06:21:43:427 GetGPOInfo: Local GPO's gpt.ini is not
    accessible, assuming default state.
    USERENV(478.66c) 08:12:43:886 GetGPOInfo: Local GPO's gpt.ini is not
    accessible, assuming default state.
    USERENV(478.47c) 09:29:03:858 MyRegLoadKey: Failed to load subkey
    <S-1-5-21-938932422-4196842621-2302551218-1141>, error =32
    USERENV(478.47c) 09:29:03:858 ReportError: Impersonating user.
    USERENV(478.47c) 09:29:17:093 RestoreUserProfile: Deleting cached profile
    directory <C:\Documents and Settings\Judy>.
    USERENV(478.47c) 09:29:17:140 ReportError: Impersonating user.
    USERENV(478.47c) 09:29:17:155 ReportError: Impersonating user.
    USERENV(478.b5c) 09:29:27:843 GetGPOInfo: Local GPO's gpt.ini is not
    accessible, assuming default state.
    USERENV(478.b5c) 09:29:27:859 ReadMembershipList: Group
    S-1-5-21-2749918478-176160872-4213579464-513 not in current list of token
    groups
    USERENV(478.47c) 09:30:39:783 MyRegLoadKey: Failed to load subkey
    <S-1-5-21-938932422-4196842621-2302551218-1141>, error =32
    USERENV(478.47c) 09:30:39:783 ReportError: Impersonating user.
    USERENV(478.47c) 09:30:44:705 RestoreUserProfile: Deleting cached profile
    directory <C:\Documents and Settings\Judy>.
    USERENV(478.47c) 09:30:44:720 ReportError: Impersonating user.
  14. I'm from Brazil and having the same problem.

    Only if I let the login screen for about 10 minutes, I have this error.

    And it creates a new temporary profile without policies.

    Anybody could fix this??? Since that this is from 2005.... 8 years ago.
  15. check indexing services, make sure they are included in catalogue. i had same issue on all profiles, all not in catalog. fixed mine
  16. start, r click my comp, manage.
    services and applications, indexing services, system, directories. double click and check yes to include
  17. cas2009 said:
    start, r click my comp, manage.
    services and applications, indexing services, system, directories. double click and check yes to include

    I will try to disable indexing services.... because I don't use that at all.

    Then I will post back telling if works... otherwise I will try to enable again and index these folders that you sugest.

    Thank you for your help!
  18. Just enable them all..maybe check a profile path in all users
    I tried a million things and stumbled upon this AFTER deleting a presumed corrupt profile
  19. As this is a very old thread, I'm going to close it now but you, cas2009 could help ploquets in a new thread if necessary.

Configuration Microsoft Windows XP