Status
Not open for further replies.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

This is a question for experts only. In short, Windows XP is finding a
problem where a problem does not exist. My profiles are present and in
tact, why can't they be found now? Why can't I simply restart when
this error occurs? Why am I forced to login with a temporary profile?
Please continue reading...

I've been troubleshooting Locally Stored profile errors intermittently
since October 2004, it's now February 2005. In the last four months
I've read and re-read all of the published explanations for the initial
error message and the accompanying Application Log errors (listed
below).

I must restore Windows computers from Ghost images. This restoration
process is indirectly part of my job description. The person who held
the job before me created the restoration process and I have an
obligation to routinely restore computers in a similar way. We have a
labs that are used heavily for long hours; scheduled maintenance is
essential and must go smoothly.

Our restorations had no problems in prior years with Windows 2000
Professional and Windows XP SP1a. Atleast two parameters have changed:
(1) we have new Dell hardware (2) we have rolled-out Windows XP SP2.
At this point I can't begin to guess which factors may contribute to
the "Locally Stored Profile" error but I have provided the two largest
factors.

I am using Norton Ghost to create and deploy the images. I know
Microsoft provides support at arms length for disk imaging
applications. While some one might say this is not a Microsoft
problem, I have nowhere else to turn. My XP images worked fine in
previous years... XP goes through updates and a service pack and now I
have errors.

Is this problem connected to System Restore settings?

Is Sys Prep now mandatory for imaging? I really don't need to
personalize each machine, each machine has a unique personalized
image. I shouldn't need to prep a customized image.

Error Message: "Windows Cannot Load the Locally Stored Profile"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;812339
"Windows cannot load the locally stored profile: Insufficient security
rights or a corrupted local file. Windows has logged you in with a
temporary profile any setting you make will not be saved."

Also, my Application Logs report:
Errors 1508, 1502, 1515, and 1511

"Windows cannot load the locally stored profile: Insufficient security
rights or a corrupted local file. Windows has logged you
in with a temporary profile any setting you make will not be saved."
Just tell me how to make the error go away. -Tom

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

Find out why it's happening. Always a good move.

You'll find the errors in profile loading here
C:\WINDOWS\Debug\UserMode\userenv.log

http://www.uscricket.com
"Tom Penharston" <thinkpersuasion@netscape.net> wrote in message news:1107387767.346471.127390@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
> This is a question for experts only. In short, Windows XP is finding a
> problem where a problem does not exist. My profiles are present and in
> tact, why can't they be found now? Why can't I simply restart when
> this error occurs? Why am I forced to login with a temporary profile?
> Please continue reading...
>
> I've been troubleshooting Locally Stored profile errors intermittently
> since October 2004, it's now February 2005. In the last four months
> I've read and re-read all of the published explanations for the initial
> error message and the accompanying Application Log errors (listed
> below).
>
> I must restore Windows computers from Ghost images. This restoration
> process is indirectly part of my job description. The person who held
> the job before me created the restoration process and I have an
> obligation to routinely restore computers in a similar way. We have a
> labs that are used heavily for long hours; scheduled maintenance is
> essential and must go smoothly.
>
> Our restorations had no problems in prior years with Windows 2000
> Professional and Windows XP SP1a. Atleast two parameters have changed:
> (1) we have new Dell hardware (2) we have rolled-out Windows XP SP2.
> At this point I can't begin to guess which factors may contribute to
> the "Locally Stored Profile" error but I have provided the two largest
> factors.
>
> I am using Norton Ghost to create and deploy the images. I know
> Microsoft provides support at arms length for disk imaging
> applications. While some one might say this is not a Microsoft
> problem, I have nowhere else to turn. My XP images worked fine in
> previous years... XP goes through updates and a service pack and now I
> have errors.
>
> Is this problem connected to System Restore settings?
>
> Is Sys Prep now mandatory for imaging? I really don't need to
> personalize each machine, each machine has a unique personalized
> image. I shouldn't need to prep a customized image.
>
> Error Message: "Windows Cannot Load the Locally Stored Profile"
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;812339
> "Windows cannot load the locally stored profile: Insufficient security
> rights or a corrupted local file. Windows has logged you in with a
> temporary profile any setting you make will not be saved."
>
> Also, my Application Logs report:
> Errors 1508, 1502, 1515, and 1511
>
> "Windows cannot load the locally stored profile: Insufficient security
> rights or a corrupted local file. Windows has logged you
> in with a temporary profile any setting you make will not be saved."
> Just tell me how to make the error go away. -Tom

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

Yes, thank you, this is exactly what I am troubleshooting. Here is a
somewhat normal login:

USERENV(33c.340) 15:18:20:000 MyRegUnLoadKey: Failed to unmount hive
00000005
USERENV(33c.340) 15:18:20:015 DumpOpenRegistryHandle: 2 user registry
Handles leaked from
\Registry\User\S-1-5-21-1078081533-113007714-725345543-1008
USERENV(33c.340) 15:18:20:015 UnloadUserProfileP: Didn't unload user
profile <err = 5>
USERENV(33c.340) 15:18:20:765 UnloadUserProfile: UnloadUserProfileP
failed with 0
USERENV(33c.340) 15:19:10:750 CUserProfile::CleanupUserProfile: Ref
Count is not 0
USERENV(33c.340) 15:19:10:750 CUserProfile::CleanupUserProfile: Ref
Count is not 0
USERENV(33c.340) 15:19:10:750 CUserProfile::CleanupUserProfile: Ref
Count is not 0
USERENV(368.36c) 15:19:20:203 UnloadUserProfile: received a NULL
hProfile.

This login appears clean to the user, but still errors appear in
userenv.log. (A corrupt login, where the Locally Stored Profile cannot
be found, displays worse messages. I won't post all that right now.
First I'll troubleshoot the messages above.)

The good news, apparently, is that I do not have a problem with Norton
Ghost. By restoring my computers from a Ghost Image a previously
existing problem rose to the surface.

Regarding the userenv.log errors above, I know a hive is a file that
functions as part of the registry. What would cause a hive to fail to
unmount? And how exactly are user handles "leaked" from the registry?
>From my experience developer doesn't use the word "leak" in an error
message unless it means something.

-Tom

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

Yes, this is exactly what I need to do. Thank you. Here are the most
recent userenv entries from a healthy login where no problems are
visable to the user, yet some errors are still shown:

[...]

This computer has only local user profiles and is only on a workgroup.
The computer was previously joined to a domain but removed until
userenv problems can be debugged. I think I first need to understand
the errors that occur during a healthy (somewhat healthy) login, as
reported above. A hive is a piece of the registry stored in its own
file, but why does hive fail to unmount? How are user registry handles
"leaked"?

-Tom

David Candy wrote:
> And read the readme file. It explains stuff.
>
> Verbose Logging

For the time being I don't need verbosity. I selected five computers
and they are providing me with long logs already. In fact each
computer provides me with two complete sets of logs (1) before the
ghost restore (2) after the ghost restore.

> Error numbers can be turned into text by typing
>
> net helpmsg <error number in DECIMAL>
>
> EG one of your errors is 5
>
> C:\WINDOWS>net helpmsg 5
>
> Access is denied.

The codes I have found in the application log and userenv.log are not
available to the net helpmsg command because net is a networking
application and I'm dealing with local issues.

> Also Event Log may tell you the exact problem.

I wish the event logs could provide more information. The Application
Log error codes are in my first post so there's nothing more to add.

> For me it's always been moving files about. A lot of probs are due to
the >default security being changed somehow.
> --

You are correct! I'm ninty percent convinced that this problem is
related to security settings. I can tell by that comment that you have
identified a very similar problem in the past.

-Tom

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

Often by having a service run as the user's credentials.

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=cache:uXtYiJ1KvEIJ:www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx%3FFamilyID%3D1b286e6d-8912-4e18-b570-42470e2f3582%26displaylang%3Den+uphclean+&hl=en&lr=lang_en|lang_es

And read the readme file. It explains stuff.

Verbose Logging
Verbose logging tracks all changes and settings applied using Group Policy and its extension to the local computer and to users who log on to the computer. The log file is located at SystemDrive\Debug. This folder is a hidden folder. Enabling verbose logging involves adding the registry key for verbose logging. By performing the following steps, you can enable verbose logging for Group Policy and its extensions.

To enable verbose logging (Userenv.log)

1.. Log on as the local administrator.
2.. Click Start, and then click Run.
3.. In the Open text box, type regedit, and then click OK.
4.. Open the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows NT/Current Version/Winlogon key, and then click Edit on the toolbar.
5.. Click Add Value, and enter the value name UserenvDebugLevel.
6.. Set the Data Type to REG_DWORD, click OK, and then under Value, enter the number 30002. Set the option button to Hex.
7.. Log off and then log on again.
Also type userenv into help while online. Make sure search options (in Help & Support) are set to everything as you'll get lots of clues from NT4 and Win2000. It defaults to searching XP only.

"Tom Penharston" <thinkpersuasion@netscape.net> wrote in message news:1107465193.810991.180330@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
> Yes, thank you, this is exactly what I am troubleshooting. Here is a
> somewhat normal login:
>
> USERENV(33c.340) 15:18:20:000 MyRegUnLoadKey: Failed to unmount hive
> 00000005
> USERENV(33c.340) 15:18:20:015 DumpOpenRegistryHandle: 2 user registry
> Handles leaked from
> \Registry\User\S-1-5-21-1078081533-113007714-725345543-1008
> USERENV(33c.340) 15:18:20:015 UnloadUserProfileP: Didn't unload user
> profile <err = 5>
> USERENV(33c.340) 15:18:20:765 UnloadUserProfile: UnloadUserProfileP
> failed with 0
> USERENV(33c.340) 15:19:10:750 CUserProfile::CleanupUserProfile: Ref
> Count is not 0
> USERENV(33c.340) 15:19:10:750 CUserProfile::CleanupUserProfile: Ref
> Count is not 0
> USERENV(33c.340) 15:19:10:750 CUserProfile::CleanupUserProfile: Ref
> Count is not 0
> USERENV(368.36c) 15:19:20:203 UnloadUserProfile: received a NULL
> hProfile.
>
> This login appears clean to the user, but still errors appear in
> userenv.log. (A corrupt login, where the Locally Stored Profile cannot
> be found, displays worse messages. I won't post all that right now.
> First I'll troubleshoot the messages above.)
>
> The good news, apparently, is that I do not have a problem with Norton
> Ghost. By restoring my computers from a Ghost Image a previously
> existing problem rose to the surface.
>
> Regarding the userenv.log errors above, I know a hive is a file that
> functions as part of the registry. What would cause a hive to fail to
> unmount? And how exactly are user handles "leaked" from the registry?
>>From my experience developer doesn't use the word "leak" in an error
> message unless it means something.
>
> -Tom

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

Net just has the standard list of Win 32 error codes. There was an error 5 in your log. If it was a NT error code it would be 0xc0000022 (mostly for drivers but some apps report it - for historical reasons NT codes are more specific but multiple NT codes are mapped to one Win code so old programs continue to work). Error codes apply anywhere Access Denied applies to network, local, registry keys, anywhere where access is denied. COM error codes (0x8nnnnnnn), except those starting 8007, are specific to the component - they tell you nothing unless you know the component (and probably wrote it). 8007nnnn - the nnnn is a win 32 error code.

NT Error codes are defined in ntstatus.h (people have put it on the web).
http://216.239.63.104/search?q=cache:MmmmKLRSLhIJ:cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/mingw/w32api/include/ddk/ntstatus.h%3Frev%3D1.2+%23define+STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED+((NTSTATUS)0xC0000022L)&hl=en

Win 32 and Com 8007nnnn are in Net.

http://www.uscricket.com

David Candy wrote:

> Net just has the standard list of Win 32 error codes. There was an
> error 5 in your log. If it was a NT error code it would be 0xc0000022
> (mostly for drivers but some apps report it - for historical reasons
> NT codes are more specific but multiple NT codes are mapped to one
> Win code so old programs continue to work). Error codes apply
> anywhere Access Denied applies to network, local, registry keys,
> anywhere where access is denied. COM error codes (0x8nnnnnnn), except
> those starting 8007, are specific to the component - they tell you
> nothing unless you know the component (and probably wrote it).
> 8007nnnn - the nnnn is a win 32 error code.
>
> NT Error codes are defined in ntstatus.h (people have put it on the web).
> http://216.239.63.104/search?q=cache:MmmmKLRSLhIJ:cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/mingw/w32api/include/ddk/ntstatus.h%3Frev%3D1.2+%23define+STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED+((NTSTATUS)0xC0000022L)&hl=en
>
> Win 32 and Com 8007nnnn are in Net.
Hi

Microsoft have released a command line tool err.exe that I use
sometimes. It is listed as an Exchange tool, but it works fine
on WinXP.

Error Code Lookup
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=be596899-7bb8-4208-b7fc-09e02a13696c&displaylang=en

May 24, 2004. Determine error values from decimal and hexadecimal
error codes in Microsoft Windows operating systems.

the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

Thank you David. Thank you Tor. Both "net helpmsg" and "err.exe" are
very useful. I spoke too soon.

I should add another bit of information to this post. My user accounts
are local and my machines are on a workgroup. In fact, I took the
machines off the domain specifically to troubleshoot this issue.
That's what makes this so surprising. Security issues usually occur
when domain GPs override local GPs. When I took the machines off the
domain I thought I had eliminated the error conditions. Well as it
turns out, I did not eliminate the error conditions, but I helped to
isolate them even further to the local machine.

Now I've noticed that the time between boot and login is a factor. If
I login immediately after boot there is no problem. If I wait 5
minutes the problem is highly likely to occur. Is this possible? Does
it make a difference in Windows XP if a user logs on immediately or
leaves the computer idle for a long time?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

I see now that MS provides a tool for diagnosing profiles, uphclean:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1b286e6d-8912-4e18-b570-42470e2f3582&displaylang=en&Hash=SCXP3T9

The readme file for uphclean.exe provides explanation for several
Application Event Log errors. Only one of my codes is addressed,
1511.

"If you are using the reporting only mode (see above on how to set) you
will
get event id 1511 whenever UPHClean detects a hive loaded for an
extended
period of time if the user is not logged on (whether there are handles
to it or not)"

I wish the term "extended period of time" were a bit more specific.
What period of time are they talking about?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

February 17, 2004 Webcast:

"Otto: What would a probable cause be for duplicate profiles being
created after a complete system restore from backup?"

"Buz: When we create a profile on a local machine, we'll base that
profile off the user's name that logs on. We kind of touched on this
when we talked about the ProfileList entry in the registry. Under
profile list, you will see a list of SIDs. As you click through the
SIDs, for the values of each, you will see the configured profile.

If I'm a local user of a machine, and I log onto the machine as Buz, I
will get a profile called Buz. If I didn't join a domain, and I joined
the domain with the same name as I logged on locally, as Buz, now I
will also have a Buz.<domain_name>. So that's one way you can have
these multiple profiles.

Another way is if the previous profile wasn't unloaded correctly. We
discussed this too, in regard to unloading user profiles and errors
associated with that. I'd probably look in the event log for errors
associated with unloading your profile, and I'd see if I could perhaps
disable some disk optimization software or some antivirus software that
may be keeping the handle open on my profile."

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

Here's my batch file to enable verbose logging in the userenv file:

reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" /t REG_DWORD /v UserEnvDebugLevel /d
00010002
pause

This works. Does anyone have anything to add?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

There's a Seinfeld episode where Kramar is the voice of the "movie
phone". At one point he yells, "JUST TELL ME THE NAME OF THE MOVIE."
I use this phrase often in my professional life. While I usually enjoy
debugging problems there comes a point where I just want the answer.
Right now, I'm addressing Microsoft, "Just tell me the name of the
movie." More specifically, just tell me what going on inside Windows
XP. I can't guess any longer.

Events 1502, 1508, 1511, and 1515 are all over the internet. Plenty of
folks have looked at the same event codes that I'm reporting. The
answers from MS are so pleasantly vaugue..

I'm particularly interested in the suggestions that DNS issues lead to
policy conflicts. I have recreated the "Locally Stored Profile" error
many times just to login and find that nslookup is perfectly happy with
my DNS server.

I have read the notions that it's a roaming profile problem. I do not
use roaming profiles in on these computers.

I have read the notions that it occurs when the DC cannot be found. I
removed my machine from the domain and the same error occurred.

I have read the notions that anti-virus or other software prevents my
profile from loading and I have read all about "error = 32" . Here is
a KB article on the subjects:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328607 This article essentially tells
me that I am on my own.

For me, these errors only seem to occur if the login prompt is inactive
for about 30 minutes. (This wait parameter makes my testing very long
and very boring.)

After login my local security policies are blown away. My hidden
partition becomes visible. Doesn't anyone realize that this is an
undesirable way to handle a temporary login? This is a security
compromise.

I'm still looking at logs. I created new Ghost images for my XP
systems that included verbose logging in userenv. Creating the images
takes time; the images take up substatial disk space. This is not
typical troubleshooting.

Enable verbose loging of the userenv.log:
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" /t REG_DWORD /v UserEnvDebugLevel /d
0x00010002
pause

Enable just normal logging of the userenv.log:
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" /t REG_DWORD /v UserEnvDebugLevel /d
0x00000001
pause

While the logs are incredibly interesting, they can be a waste of time.
I recommend using Windiff or another differentiating program to
isolate the unique lines. As of yet, I haven't learned anything new.

Just tell me the name of the movie.
-Tom

gary

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

Hello Tom

I am having the same problem. All of the sudden one of my employees profile
is lost other than that the computer seems OK.

I would like to know what you were able to do to reestablish the profile.
Below is the usernv.log file any help you can send me I would greatly
appreciate

Gary

USERENV(2c8.2cc) 11:00:25:953 CUserProfile::CleanupUserProfile: Ref Count is
not 0
USERENV(2c8.2cc) 11:00:25:984 CUserProfile::CleanupUserProfile: Ref Count is
not 0
USERENV(2c8.2cc) 11:00:25:984 CUserProfile::CleanupUserProfile: Ref Count is
not 0
USERENV(2c8.560) 11:00:40:218 GetGPOInfo: Local GPO's gpt.ini is not
accessible, assuming default state.
USERENV(2c8.52c) 11:41:49:684 GetGPOInfo: Local GPO's gpt.ini is not
accessible, assuming default state.
USERENV(2c8.2cc) 11:46:28:912 MyRegUnLoadKey: Failed to unmount hive 00000005
USERENV(2c8.2cc) 11:46:28:912 DumpOpenRegistryHandle: 2 user registry
Handles leaked from
\Registry\User\S-1-5-21-938932422-4196842621-2302551218-1141
USERENV(2c8.2cc) 11:46:28:912 UnloadUserProfileP: Didn't unload user profile
<err = 5>
USERENV(2c8.2cc) 11:46:29:272 UnloadUserProfile: UnloadUserProfileP failed
with 0
USERENV(2c8.a48) 11:46:50:421 GetGPOInfo: Local GPO's gpt.ini is not
accessible, assuming default state.
USERENV(70c.454) 11:54:37:795 GetUserNameAndDomain: MyGetUserNameEx failed
for NT4 style name with 1115
USERENV(478.47c) 11:55:07:015 CUserProfile::CleanupUserProfile: Ref Count is
not 0
USERENV(478.47c) 11:55:07:046 CUserProfile::CleanupUserProfile: Ref Count is
not 0
USERENV(478.47c) 11:55:07:046 CUserProfile::CleanupUserProfile: Ref Count is
not 0
USERENV(478.6e0) 11:55:28:781 GetGPOInfo: Local GPO's gpt.ini is not
accessible, assuming default state.
USERENV(478.324) 11:56:13:855 GetGPOInfo: Local GPO's gpt.ini is not
accessible, assuming default state.
USERENV(478.47c) 11:58:52:119 MyRegUnLoadKey: Failed to unmount hive 00000005
USERENV(478.47c) 11:58:52:134 DumpOpenRegistryHandle: 2 user registry
Handles leaked from
\Registry\User\S-1-5-21-938932422-4196842621-2302551218-500
USERENV(478.47c) 11:58:52:134 UnloadUserProfileP: Didn't unload user profile
<err = 5>
USERENV(478.47c) 11:58:52:354 UnloadUserProfile: UnloadUserProfileP failed
with 0
USERENV(478.278) 11:59:32:252 GetGPOInfo: Local GPO's gpt.ini is not
accessible, assuming default state.
USERENV(478.d78) 13:43:35:217 GetGPOInfo: Local GPO's gpt.ini is not
accessible, assuming default state.
USERENV(478.66c) 13:45:32:094 GetGPOInfo: Local GPO's gpt.ini is not
accessible, assuming default state.
USERENV(478.66c) 15:20:33:476 GetGPOInfo: Local GPO's gpt.ini is not
accessible, assuming default state.
USERENV(478.d78) 15:26:35:575 GetGPOInfo: Local GPO's gpt.ini is not
accessible, assuming default state.
USERENV(478.66c) 17:01:40:464 GetGPOInfo: Local GPO's gpt.ini is not
accessible, assuming default state.
USERENV(478.d78) 17:18:35:853 GetGPOInfo: Local GPO's gpt.ini is not
accessible, assuming default state.
USERENV(478.66c) 18:37:40:885 GetGPOInfo: Local GPO's gpt.ini is not
accessible, assuming default state.
USERENV(478.66c) 20:12:41:279 GetGPOInfo: Local GPO's gpt.ini is not
accessible, assuming default state.
USERENV(478.66c) 21:58:41:669 GetGPOInfo: Local GPO's gpt.ini is not
accessible, assuming default state.
USERENV(478.66c) 23:41:42:043 GetGPOInfo: Local GPO's gpt.ini is not
accessible, assuming default state.
USERENV(478.66c) 01:20:42:381 GetGPOInfo: Local GPO's gpt.ini is not
accessible, assuming default state.
USERENV(478.66c) 02:55:42:732 GetGPOInfo: Local GPO's gpt.ini is not
accessible, assuming default state.
USERENV(478.66c) 04:25:43:060 GetGPOInfo: Local GPO's gpt.ini is not
accessible, assuming default state.
USERENV(478.66c) 06:21:43:427 GetGPOInfo: Local GPO's gpt.ini is not
accessible, assuming default state.
USERENV(478.66c) 08:12:43:886 GetGPOInfo: Local GPO's gpt.ini is not
accessible, assuming default state.
USERENV(478.47c) 09:29:03:858 MyRegLoadKey: Failed to load subkey
<S-1-5-21-938932422-4196842621-2302551218-1141>, error =32
USERENV(478.47c) 09:29:03:858 ReportError: Impersonating user.
USERENV(478.47c) 09:29:17:093 RestoreUserProfile: Deleting cached profile
directory <C:\Documents and Settings\Judy>.
USERENV(478.47c) 09:29:17:140 ReportError: Impersonating user.
USERENV(478.47c) 09:29:17:155 ReportError: Impersonating user.
USERENV(478.b5c) 09:29:27:843 GetGPOInfo: Local GPO's gpt.ini is not
accessible, assuming default state.
USERENV(478.b5c) 09:29:27:859 ReadMembershipList: Group
S-1-5-21-2749918478-176160872-4213579464-513 not in current list of token
groups
USERENV(478.47c) 09:30:39:783 MyRegLoadKey: Failed to load subkey
<S-1-5-21-938932422-4196842621-2302551218-1141>, error =32
USERENV(478.47c) 09:30:39:783 ReportError: Impersonating user.
USERENV(478.47c) 09:30:44:705 RestoreUserProfile: Deleting cached profile
directory <C:\Documents and Settings\Judy>.
USERENV(478.47c) 09:30:44:720 ReportError: Impersonating user.

ploquets

Honorable
I'm from Brazil and having the same problem.

Only if I let the login screen for about 10 minutes, I have this error.

And it creates a new temporary profile without policies.

Anybody could fix this??? Since that this is from 2005.... 8 years ago.

cas2009

Honorable
check indexing services, make sure they are included in catalogue. i had same issue on all profiles, all not in catalog. fixed mine

cas2009

Honorable
start, r click my comp, manage.
services and applications, indexing services, system, directories. double click and check yes to include

ploquets

Honorable

I will try to disable indexing services.... because I don't use that at all.

Then I will post back telling if works... otherwise I will try to enable again and index these folders that you sugest.

Thank you for your help!

cas2009

Honorable
Just enable them all..maybe check a profile path in all users
I tried a million things and stumbled upon this AFTER deleting a presumed corrupt profile