Creating Gaming servers

RoCkZaP

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2011
I wanted to start hosting gameservers in 2-3 months ... so can you suggest me a server build for $200 - $250 ??

i'll be running COD gameservers , maybe minecraft also .. but mainly COD servers in which a single gameserver uses 1 GHz .... also , i wanted to host 5-6 gameservers per build ( i plan on buying 2-3 server :p) , is that possible for such a price ?? if not plz suggest the cheapest alternative config in which i can host 5-6 gameservers .. :D

Also , i want my server to be on 24/7 , so i gotta do anything special for that ?? :whistle:

wr6133

Feb 10, 2012
Your budget and your goal are so far apart you have 3 choices

1 - VASTLY Lower your goal

2 - VASTLY increase your budget

3 - Run gameservers so utterly awful nobody uses them (and 24/7 uptime is a pipedream)

If your doing this to make money you're a cowboy and one that will fail I suggest you find another scam. If its not to make money then I hate to say your dreaming

You might be able to make a pentium based box on your budget that would suffice for a basic COD or minecraft server uptime on it would be ungaruanteed due to cheap parts.

wr6133

Feb 10, 2012

+1 those are about the best your going to do on your budget for proper server grade kit other option is consumer grade kit (basically build a PC with as many cores as possible and a big chunk of RAM) which is not a very reliable option (though possible I ran a DayZ server on a FX4100 based setup briefly this year).