Disable taskbar scroll arrows in Windows XP

In Windows XP, is it possible to disable the taskbar scroll arrows that
occur when lots of task icons are present?

Yes I'm aware of the "Group similar taskbar buttons" option­ which
will reduce the number of taskbar icons. Regardless, when th­e number
of icons in XP's taskbar reaches a certain threshold (which is quite
low), the sc­roll arrows appear. Yes I know this is a "feature", but I
prefer ­the Windows 2000 style of progressively reducing the size of
the­ taskicons to make them fit.

SM

squirrelmaster@hushmail.com wrote:

>In Windows XP, is it possible to disable the taskbar scroll arrows that
>occur when lots of task icons are present?

I do not think so. This seems to be "by design".

--
(tm)

kayleenxx

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
YES! i just figured it out.
You unlock your taskbar, and just drag the section as far as you'd like.
I hated the scrolling too.
Hope you enjoy this.
I was relieved. :]]]
Have a good one.