Prebuilt PC recommendations for HD Video playback and "light" editing

For many years I've built my own PC's, but I've got so many other projects going on right now, that I just don't know where I'll find the time to do another one right now. I don't need a monitor or printer with it. I'm simply looking for the best PC I can get for around $1000 that can easily handle playback and some editing (home movies kind of stuff) of HD video. Other than that, I would primarily use it for internet surfing, word processing, and other less processor-intensive applications. I'm not a gamer, although I'm sure many of the characteristics of a gaming PC are similar to that of one meant for HD video. Any suggestions on brand/model would be appreciated.
1 answer Last reply
More about prebuilt recommendations video playback light editing
  1. Almost any form of modern graphics (including integrated) is fine for HD playback. If you have the budget I'd get an i5-3570K as it's a quad core with Intel HD 4000 graphics which is more than good enough for HD playback. Something cheaper like the A6-3500 is equally fine for HD though, you just get a much weaker CPU.

Here's a cheap system that would do the job:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100006736%20600184112&IsNodeId=1&name=A6-Series%20APU

If I was to buy that, I'd get a more reliable PSU like a 300W Seasonic or something and a SSD to boot from.
Ask a new question

Read More

Prebuilt Systems Video Systems Product