Status
Not open for further replies.

midwestsmoke74

Honorable
Oct 12, 2012
Hello, I am trying to decide on two different systems. Which is better for gaming? I dont plan on overclocking anything and i dont care whats better than these two CPUs, these are my only options. I just want to know which is better out of THESE TWO.

Solution

The Phenom II X4 965 also gets my vote; for gaming purposes, it will outperform both CPU's.

The FX-4100 isn't a true quad-core CPU due to how the architecture works. The FX-4100 has two Bulldozer modules with two Integer units. Basically, it's 2 'cores' with 4 'threads', something to compete with Intel's Hyper Threading technology per se.

midwestsmoke74

Honorable
Oct 12, 2012
Lol yes without overclocking. I may in the future but i really just want to know which is better. Ive come across other posts about these two CPUs but everybody just suggests something else, or something more expensive. But these are my options.

Gigabyte AM3+ AMD 760G + SB710 Motherboard and AMD FX-4100 3.60 GHz Quad Core AM3+ Unlocked CPU and Kingston HyperX 8GB Desktop Memory Kit and WD Blue 500GB Sata Desktop Hard Drive and Galaxy Bundle

GIGABYTE GA-78LMT-S2P DiabloTek Barebones Kit - GIGABYTE GA-78LMT-S2P Board, AMD Phenom II X6 1045T CPU, ADATA 8GB DDR3 RAM Kit, Seagate 1TB HDD, 24x DVDRW, DiabloTek Mid Tower Case, 450W Power Supply

midwestsmoke74

Honorable
Oct 12, 2012
Ok, so two say the 4100.....hmm...can somebody explain why everything ive read says the Fx-4100 isnt a "True" quad core??? I dont understand at all....but it doesnt sound good. I just dont want to be screwed with my purchase.

The Phenom II X4 965 also gets my vote; for gaming purposes, it will outperform both CPU's.

The FX-4100 isn't a true quad-core CPU due to how the architecture works. The FX-4100 has two Bulldozer modules with two Integer units. Basically, it's 2 'cores' with 4 'threads', something to compete with Intel's Hyper Threading technology per se.

Solution

That card is still pretty decent by today's standards. What resolution will you be playing your games at? You should be able to play anything on High at a resolution of 1600x900 or below :)

Status
Not open for further replies.