Sign in with
Your question

Sli bridge forum

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 16, 2012 8:16:42 AM

Hello,
I wish to link two XFX GeForce8800GTX 768Mb graphics card but do not have an SLI bridge. Do all Asus motherboards use the same bridge or do they require bridges of different length?

More about : sli bridge forum

a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
April 16, 2012 8:47:58 AM

Well I know that SLI bridges all use the same connector, but I'm not sure about the length. From experience with CF/SLI, the connectors that came with MY motherboard were around 4-5 slots long? I'm not too sure of the exact length but they were enough for two dual-slot cards to be be paired in PCIE slots 2 slots apart.

If you have the SLI bridge already, you can see if you can connect the two cards :) 
April 16, 2012 11:16:03 AM

I am looking to install a second XFX GeForce 8800GTX 768 Mb PCI-E Graphics Card on my PC but do not have an SLI Bridge. Do all Asus Motherboards use the same length bridge? I have the Asus Striker NK680-SLI
Related resources
April 16, 2012 11:28:18 AM

mocchan said:
Well I know that SLI bridges all use the same connector, but I'm not sure about the length. From experience with CF/SLI, the connectors that came with MY motherboard were around 4-5 slots long? I'm not too sure of the exact length but they were enough for two dual-slot cards to be be paired in PCIE slots 2 slots apart.

If you have the SLI bridge already, you can see if you can connect the two cards :) 

Thanks for your comment but I don't , as yet, have the second graphics card. I just wanted to rsolve my query before ordering it.
a b U Graphics card
April 16, 2012 11:33:27 AM

there are a couple of different langths going from 3-4" but you should be able to find them cheap on ebay
a c 273 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
April 16, 2012 12:00:52 PM

This next topics has been merged by Mousemonkey
  • GeForce SLI Bridges
    !