Sign in with
Your question

First time build, issues have arisen.

Last response: in Systems
June 12, 2012 7:27:06 PM

So, I tried my hand at building a new PC for the first time, to try and learn a thing or two about hardware, and to replace my old fossil of a system, but I am having some issues.

Whenever I try to play a game (which is exactly what I built the system for), after about 20 mins ~ 1 hour of play, my monitor loses signal from the PC and the speakers begin to emit a buzzing noise, followed by constantly repeating the last sound played.
This error ONLY occurs in games, I can do damn near anything else for as long as I want. There is no warning, everything will be running smooth as butter then cut to black. The computer appears to still be running after the error occurs.

Specs-
Case- Thermaltake Element G
CPU- AMD FX 8120
Motherboard- Asus Sabertooth 990 FX
Memory- Corsair 8gb (4x2)
Power Supply- Cooler Master Silent Pro 1200W
OS- Windows 7 Professional 64bit

Things I have tried-

Drivers totally updated
Wiped system, tried updating drivers again.
Ran a system test on my CPU and memory, both were capable of dunning at 100% capacity for 6 hours
Sent GPU back to the manufacturer 3 times
Started with a gigabyte 990 FX board, replaced that once, then upgraded to the ASUS board.
Started with a Thermaltake 650W power supply, tried upgrading to an 850W to see if that would make a difference. It seemed to help, but not enough, so I tried again with a 1200W

ANY help would be greatly appreciated, I've been beating my head against the wall for about a month and a half now.
June 12, 2012 7:29:39 PM

Bull dozer is known for having problems with games. If you asked for a build here you would have a much better i5... oh well. Update your bios to try to fix the problem.
June 12, 2012 7:36:30 PM

Really? Because a new CPU also probably means a new motherboard, doesn't it?
!