Connecting to 6230 via bluetooth

Hi all,

I have a Nokia 6230 and my PC is running winxp, Nokia PC Suite 6.1 and
a BT usb device in it.

I have read that the PC suite 6.1 will allow me to connect to my phone
and exchange data (file transfers, contacts, etc).

The USB BT device came with software (XTNDConnect) and allows me to
connect to the 6230 through its interface. I would like to use the
Nokia PC Suite.

However, when I go to content copier and then to the connection
manager, I only have the options for IrDA and Serial Cable. Not
Bluetooth.

Does anyone know how I can enable BT for the PC Suite 6.1, is there a
separate download?.

I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Sergio.
4 answers Last reply
More about connecting 6230 bluetooth

    Un-install both the PC Suite and USB Bluetooth, then make sure you have
    installed your Bluetooth USB driver first, than install PC Suite 6.1 second.
    See how that goes....

    "Sergio Otoya" <sergio@winapp.com.au> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have a Nokia 6230 and my PC is running winxp, Nokia PC Suite 6.1 and
    > a BT usb device in it.
    >
    > I have read that the PC suite 6.1 will allow me to connect to my phone
    > and exchange data (file transfers, contacts, etc).
    >
    > The USB BT device came with software (XTNDConnect) and allows me to
    > connect to the 6230 through its interface. I would like to use the
    > Nokia PC Suite.
    >
    > However, when I go to content copier and then to the connection
    > manager, I only have the options for IrDA and Serial Cable. Not
    > Bluetooth.
    >
    > Does anyone know how I can enable BT for the PC Suite 6.1, is there a
    > separate download?.
    >
    > I would appreciate any help. Thanks.
    >
    > Sergio.

    Thanks Brent, I did what you suggested with PC Suite 6.1 and then with
    PC Suite 6.2 but no luck yet.

    Any other suggestions? anyone?

    Thanks in advance.

    Sergio

    sergio@winapp.com.au (Sergio Otoya) wrote in message news:<3392f577.0406210013.4dc30d42@posting.google.com>...
    > Thanks Brent, I did what you suggested with PC Suite 6.1 and then with
    > PC Suite 6.2 but no luck yet.
    >
    > Any other suggestions? anyone?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Sergio

    MobiMB supports BT, have you tried that? I know it is listed as a
    connection option, though I use infrared. Try the demo from
    logomanager.co.uk

    On 21 Jun 2004 01:13:38 -0700, sergio@winapp.com.au (Sergio Otoya)
    wrote:

    >Thanks Brent, I did what you suggested with PC Suite 6.1 and then with
    >PC Suite 6.2 but no luck yet.

    I tired to install another suite, but somehow I cannot UN install the
    existing 1. It just keeps sitting.
    Any one?

    Willem.

    --