Black Screen (Samsung Monitor)

Samsung 23" 300 Series LED Monitor (S23A300B)

The monitor Worked fine for about 5 month, now it shows a black screen. I ran A Self Test and I saw the box in the top left corner of the monitor alternating between Analog and Digital. After a few seconds it displays “Check Signal Cable” DIGITAL but when I try to change to ANALOGO it remains black for a few seconds and then it displays “Check Signal Cable” DIGITAL again. When the D-sub cable is connected it remains black. I don’t have digital output so I cannot test in digital mode but I have tested all other things (Cable, Pc output, etc.). I don't know what to do. Waiting for response. Thank you for your time. :bounce:

I tested both the monitor and the laptop with a Know Good System. The laptop video card is working fine but the monitor is not working on analog mode. I would like to test it on digital mode but I don't have a digital video card. I am almost sure that it will work fine on digital mode because when you turn on the monitor with no cable connected it shows “Check Signal Cable” DIGITAL but when I change it to ANALOG it doesn't show any thing (Black screen) until it automatically switch back to DIGITAL. It has to be a problem with the ANALOG mode of the Monitor. The D-sub cable has been tested, and I don't think that the D-sub connector in the monitor is bad. :bounce:

There should be a Category and Sub-Category for Monitors but I couldn't find it so I used Graphics Cards to ask this question. Sorry about that. :pt1cable:
2 answers Last reply
More about black screen samsung monitor
  1. It sounds like the monitor is working since it is able to display the "Check Signal Cable" message. You should test the monitor on a different computer or laptop to see if it is the monitor or your computer that is malfunctioning.
  2. It might, or likely is a graphics card thing. I know, you didn't change anything on your card, but I had the same thing happen to me. I even went so far as to send in my monitor to the manufacturer because I swore I didn't do anything different, and it just stopped working.
    I got my monitor back, and I just pretty much changed the vga or dvi cable position and reinstalled the driver and such until I pretty much tricked it into working again.
    Likely the problem is that your computer thinks there's another monitor somewhere, and is only displaying on that one.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Monitors Samsung Graphics