display window moving to front

I made a change using a windows commad program. Problem is I had the command
written down beside my computer and it was stolen. While I can not remeber
the command. It is one that has followed through from windows 98. It has
many tweaks with it. The one I want to change back to default is when you
mouse over a window it moves it to the front. Problem with that is when a
smaller window opens above a larger window, and you move the mouse over to
the smaller window(while try to) Well when you mouse over the first(larger)
window moving towards the smaller window the first window move to the top
hiding the smaller window. To get at it you have to minimize the larger
window first. This is a real pain and after doing it a 100 times I want to
change it back to the default, dxdiag While I can't remeber the name of the
command....Can any one help? I witll regonize the command when I see it. I
would use start/run to enetr this command......there is others like regedit,
msconfig, if you know of any commands let me see it and I will know it right
away when I see it. I have spent hours looking through lists of windows
commands..............please help someone

Tweakui perhaps? You can put a delay in. See ActiveWndTrkTimeout below. It's in milliseconds and byte order reversed. In my example it is set for

00 00 0b b8 (byte order reversed so I've unreversed). Us calculator to convert bb8 in hex to decimal (in scientific mode) = 3000 so that is 3 seconds. If you can't move a mouse over a window in 3 secs ....

If it is in the registry as a dword then it is not byte order reversed and will appear as 0x00000bb8. Windows doesn't care if Hex (binary) or Dword.

This tip specifies whether to use a X-Mouse style interface. An X-Mouse interface (in part) means that windows the mouse is over are active. This has been added to Explorer Options on the Explorer page.

The user preference mask is a hexadecimal representation of bit values. To set use Windows Calculator and the values from the table below.

To use Windows Calculator take the value from UserPreferences and AND it with the value from the table below.

a.. Put the value from the table below into Calculator in Hex mode
b.. Press AND
c.. Take the value from from user preferences (in this sample 000000fd as it's byte order reversed).
d.. If it is set it will return the same value as the table below, if it's not set it will return 0
Action Value in Hex
Turn on x-mouse 1
If on bring window to top 40

REGEDIT4
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop]
"UserPreferencemask"=hex:fd,00,00,00
;Sets the amount of time the mouse has to be over a window to activate it.
;In milliseconds in byte order reversed (00000bb8 = 3000 ms or 3 seconds).
;Default is 0 seconds and the key does not appear by default.
"ActiveWndTrkTimeout"=hex:b8,0b,00,00
This reg file contains the general mouse settings.

REGEDIT4
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Mouse]
;The time in milliseconds for two click to be considered a double click
"DoubleClickSpeed"="500"
;If mouse speed is 0 then no aceleration
;If mouse speed is 1 then when the mouse has moved the number of pixels in MouseThreshold1
;during one interupt the speed is doubled
;If mouse speed is 2 then when the mouse has moved the number of pixels in MouseThreshold1
;during one interupt the speed is doubled and when it has moved the number of pixels in MouseThreshold2
;during one interupt the speed is quadrupled
"MouseSpeed"="1"
"MouseThreshold1"="4"
"MouseThreshold2"="0"
;Swaps the left / right buttons
"SwapMouseButtons"="0"
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop]
;The lines to scroll the page per click when rotating the wheel. minus numbers is pages
"WheelScrollLines"="-1"
;The number of pixels that the mouse can move to be considered a double click or drag
"DoubleClickHeight"="2"
"DoubleClickWidth"="2"
"DragHeight"="2"
"DragWidth"="2"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Config\0001\Display\Settings]
;0 is no trails, 7 is maximun trails
"MouseTrails"="7"

http://www.uscricket.com