Sign in with
Your question

I5 3570k aftermarket cooler?

Last response: in CPUs
October 12, 2012 9:55:47 PM

so based on the title of this thread, i want to know what would be the best aftermarket cooler for me that would offer me the coolest low profile cooler out there. i cant have one of the massive heatsinks because it wont fit in my case, so im looking for a low down cpu cooler. simular to a design of the intel stock where there is a heatsink and one fan on top supplying air, i have heard that the intel stock cooler is good, but i want a better one to insure that cooling is maximised! :D 
Thanks

~TechFrog
October 13, 2012 3:53:32 AM

I have a Corsair H60, it it extremely low profile, but it does take up the rear exhaust port. If exhaust is no problem, then a closed loop cooler, much like the H60 would be perfect.
Related resources
October 13, 2012 5:54:29 PM

yeah i was looking for like that is low profile with one fan on like you said FaTalxAmbition, could you send me a link to a uk website to purchase?

also clutchc i have had a look at the second link you sent me i liked the look of that one compared to noctura for main point that it only uses one fan, i forgot to mention in the brief that i needed one fan.
so if you know of any good low profile coolers with one fan? thanks :) 
October 13, 2012 5:55:50 PM

Also i would prefer a fan cooler rather than liquid cooling
October 13, 2012 8:01:15 PM

thats a liquid cooler... xD
October 13, 2012 9:10:36 PM

ill have to check them out, the thing i wanna know if those will be better cooling in comparison to the intel stock fan, cause if it isnt better then there is no point getting a new one is there?
a c 330 à CPUs
October 13, 2012 9:43:27 PM

Redfrog42 said:
ill have to check them out, the thing i wanna know if those will be better cooling in comparison to the intel stock fan, cause if it isnt better then there is no point getting a new one is there?

Almost any good quality after market cooler will be superior to the stock Intel. If you are going to O/C, you'll need a better cooer than the Intel. If you're not going to O/C, the aftermarket ones will still generally be quieter. What is your main use for the PC that you want the cooler upgrade for?
October 13, 2012 11:26:05 PM

im not, im changing from amd to intel, so i know there will be a massive difference in temps so im not worried about that, i was just wondering if i did get an after market low profile cooler, would be just as cool as stock cooler but quiter too? i just dont want it damaging the cpu im getting you see
a c 330 à CPUs
October 14, 2012 1:29:16 AM

If you're not going to be overclocking the processor, why don't you try out the stock Intel HS/F. It is more than sufficient for stock processor speeds. Depending on where the PC is going to be located and your sensitivity to noise, it may not bother you.
October 14, 2012 5:02:53 PM

ahh thanks clutchc im probably going to be fine with my stock fan then, thanks for all of the help guys :D 
!