I5 3570k aftermarket cooler?

Redfrog42

Honorable
Oct 12, 2012
so based on the title of this thread, i want to know what would be the best aftermarket cooler for me that would offer me the coolest low profile cooler out there. i cant have one of the massive heatsinks because it wont fit in my case, so im looking for a low down cpu cooler. simular to a design of the intel stock where there is a heatsink and one fan on top supplying air, i have heard that the intel stock cooler is good, but i want a better one to insure that cooling is maximised! :D
Thanks

~TechFrog

FaTalxAmbition

Honorable
Oct 12, 2012
I have a Corsair H60, it it extremely low profile, but it does take up the rear exhaust port. If exhaust is no problem, then a closed loop cooler, much like the H60 would be perfect.

Redfrog42

Honorable
Oct 12, 2012
yeah i was looking for like that is low profile with one fan on like you said FaTalxAmbition, could you send me a link to a uk website to purchase?

also clutchc i have had a look at the second link you sent me i liked the look of that one compared to noctura for main point that it only uses one fan, i forgot to mention in the brief that i needed one fan.
so if you know of any good low profile coolers with one fan? thanks :)

Redfrog42

Honorable
Oct 12, 2012
ill have to check them out, the thing i wanna know if those will be better cooling in comparison to the intel stock fan, cause if it isnt better then there is no point getting a new one is there?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

Almost any good quality after market cooler will be superior to the stock Intel. If you are going to O/C, you'll need a better cooer than the Intel. If you're not going to O/C, the aftermarket ones will still generally be quieter. What is your main use for the PC that you want the cooler upgrade for?

Redfrog42

Honorable
Oct 12, 2012
im not, im changing from amd to intel, so i know there will be a massive difference in temps so im not worried about that, i was just wondering if i did get an after market low profile cooler, would be just as cool as stock cooler but quiter too? i just dont want it damaging the cpu im getting you see

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
If you're not going to be overclocking the processor, why don't you try out the stock Intel HS/F. It is more than sufficient for stock processor speeds. Depending on where the PC is going to be located and your sensitivity to noise, it may not bother you.