Internet Connection Sharing vs Network Bridge

mkedda

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
I have to use a single network connection to provide LAN / WAN to a computer and an Apple TV.

Is it better to use a network bridge or internet connection sharing?

One connection is Gigabit and the other is Ethernet. If I use a bridge will it be degraded to 100Mbs?

mkedda

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
everything is a wired connection. I am connecting a desktop to my lan and wan via wired gigabit connection. I am connecting my apple tv by wired ethernet connection to the desktop. I am currently using a network bridge to perform the connection. network bridge that is connecting at 1 gigabit per second but the 2 lan connection shows 100 megabits per second. my question is what is better ics or network bridge

mkedda

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
Let's try it this way. I have computer with 2 nics. One nic connected to the router which is connected t the cable modem. The other nic is connected to the apple tv. I am bridging the two nics to join them to the network. The connection from nic1 to router is gigabit. The connection from nic2 to appletv is ethernet. Does that make sense?

mkedda

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
The connection to the computer is from a plate in the wall tha has only one connection. The router is way upstairs. I would have to run another cat 5e through walls and stuff to get to it.