Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Nvidia kernel mode has stopped working and has been recovered

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 16, 2012 3:30:37 PM

I'm getting an error on my PC and constant freezes. The freezes happen at almost a constant time, like it is set to freeze at 5 minutes. And at times my entire screen blacks out and then windows aero mode is turned of and set to the basic theme and then I get "Nvidia kernel mode has stopped working and has been recovered" error message bubble from the tray icon, I have no idea whats going on. I do have dual boot where I use Operating systems Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit which is my main, windows 7 professional 64 bit which, windows xp professional 64 bit and all of the other operating systems dont show that problem.
The GPU im using is Geforce Galaxy GT 220 1gb
a c 141 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
April 16, 2012 3:50:27 PM

then try reintalling the driver. if that does not fix the problem try to clean install the driver. you can do this by checked 'perform clean installation' from nvidia driver installer or you can use driver sweeper to clean the driver before installing the driver again
a b U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
April 16, 2012 3:54:06 PM

Yea there really isnt much you can do. i have had it happen lately with nvidia's recent drivers..... either driver crashed or Kernel mode. You cna only either roll back driver or just try your best with your current
Related resources
April 16, 2012 4:42:47 PM

renz496 said:
then try reintalling the driver. if that does not fix the problem try to clean install the driver. you can do this by checked 'perform clean installation' from nvidia driver installer or you can use driver sweeper to clean the driver before installing the driver again

I've done that multiple times.

April 16, 2012 4:45:43 PM

Rockdpm said:
Yea there really isnt much you can do. i have had it happen lately with nvidia's recent drivers..... either driver crashed or Kernel mode. You cna only either roll back driver or just try your best with your current

What if I uninstall the current drivers which I've updated recently and downgrade to a short while back. Would that solve my problem? If so which version do you suggest because I'm currently on version 296.10 and it's been happening since the previous update.
a c 141 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
April 17, 2012 11:05:53 AM

you could test that if its working for you. currently i'm on the latest beta and before that 295.xx whql drivers. both are working just fine in my case. never did try 296.10 as some user reporting they have trouble with the drivers which made me stick to 295 driver branch
May 14, 2012 12:01:05 AM

hi, what worked for me (running win 7 ultimate 64 bit) and a quadro FX-1700 (296.70) was to change the appearance settings. I went to windows 7 basic theme/classic and removed some of the features like animating windows and tips, fade ins and outs. I can not say which of these actually worked. But I would start with changing the windows theme to classic/basic then start tweaking from there. I am planning to upgrade the card as I just got a Rampage IV, 3930k etc and I am strapped for cash and can't afford a $$ GPU at the moment but I can say that this has been stable now for a week on my system - hope it works for you guys too.
a c 271 U Graphics card
a c 168 Î Nvidia
September 25, 2012 8:28:18 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!