Dragonmaster16

Honorable
Apr 16, 2012
While playing various including left 4 dead 2, Crysis 2 and Defense grid the screen on my laptop goes completely white, the game its self does not freeze or crash everything goes on as it should. I am able to correct the problem by shutting the the screen for a split second putting the laptop in sleep mode and reopening the screen. At first it was only happening once every few hours but the events are now become much more frequent to a point where its going white every 45 seconds or so. I have not noticed any white screen issues except when playing games. I have the most current driver for my graphics card. I have a dual monitor set up so i tried playing with the second monitor plugged in to check if both screen go white and only the laptop screen goes white. That makes me think that it may be a problem with my laptop screen but then i wonder why it only happens when I am in a game

My system specs
Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 740QM : 2.66 GHz - 1.73 GHz,
DDR3 1333 MHz up to 8GB
17.3" 16:9 Full HD (1920x1080)/HD+ (1600x900) LED backlight,Color-Shine
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 460M, with 1.5GB GDDR5 VRAM

I any other information is needed i will do my best to provide it

Pipiense

Honorable
May 25, 2012
I"m having exactly the same issue playing skyrim, morrowind and civ V. I have the same specs as you - I have an asus republic of gamers laptop. At first I thought maybe it was having issues with overheating, despite playing all of these games fine before, but since I only started having these issues last week after getting around to updating my drivers, I'm wondering if that's what did it. Maybe I should roll back to previous ones and see if that fixes it.

Let me know if you found another solution.