Sign in with
Your question

Internet randomly disconnecting?

Last response: in Components
October 13, 2012 4:17:30 AM

Ok so i have a charter internet. and my router is the Apple Air Play Express.(the model that looks like a white apple tv) and when i was using ethernet in my living room, i had no problems whatsoever. my other wireless devices, such as ipad, iphone, imac, netbook, have no problem with the wifi. i even tried running games on the iMac and i had no problems whatsoever. however now that my computer is in my room, which is about 30 feet away from the apple air play express, i have no problems, except when im running games. randomly in the middle of my games i disconnect. my computer indicates that i am connected but skype and game clients both disconnect. its really annoying, the model of my wireless card is the ASUS PCE-N15. it has no problems surfing but when i go in games, its fine at first but random disconnects keep happening. any suggestions? i think it has something to do with my card settings.
October 13, 2012 1:49:59 PM

A repeater, something like this, EnGenius ERB9250 IEEE802.11b/g/n Wireless-N300 Smart Repeater might work for you
m
l
March 2, 2013 2:26:57 AM

shirokado said:
Ok so i have a charter internet. and my router is the Apple Air Play Express.(the model that looks like a white apple tv) and when i was using ethernet in my living room, i had no problems whatsoever. my other wireless devices, such as ipad, iphone, imac, netbook, have no problem with the wifi. i even tried running games on the iMac and i had no problems whatsoever. however now that my computer is in my room, which is about 30 feet away from the apple air play express, i have no problems, except when im running games. randomly in the middle of my games i disconnect. my computer indicates that i am connected but skype and game clients both disconnect. its really annoying, the model of my wireless card is the ASUS PCE-N15. it has no problems surfing but when i go in games, its fine at first but random disconnects keep happening. any suggestions? i think it has something to do with my card settings.

I have the same problem. This exact same adapter did the same thing on my uncle's computer that it is now doing on mine, and he was using Vista while I am using Windows 8. It's very annoying. I have turned off all of the power options that allow the adapter to turn off that I am aware of. I have made sure the drivers are up to date as well. It will just randomly disconnect. I don't even have to be playing games. I'll just look over while watching a movie on my computer and I'll notice that it has a yellow exclamation point and says no internet.
m
l
!