Does XP have a Text-to-Speech feature?

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

I'm using XP Home and MS Word 2000 on the desktop; XP Home and MS Word
XP on my laptop. Is there a text-to-speech feature in either of them?
I'd like my computer to read Word documents to me.

Thanks.

<*((((><{
Fishy@Ocean.Net

"<*(((><{" <Fishy@Ocean.Net> wrote:

>I'm using XP Home and MS Word 2000 on the desktop; XP Home and MS Word
>XP on my laptop. Is there a text-to-speech feature in either of them?

Windows XP comes with the Narrator. You can find more information in
Help & Support.

--
(tm)

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

I found the Narrator and tried it -- but it doesn't read Word
documents. Any other options? Any good programs that I could buy?

<*((((><{
Fishy@Ocean.Net

"<*(((><{" <Fishy@Ocean.Net> wrote in message
| I found the Narrator and tried it -- but it doesn't read Word
| documents. Any other options? Any good programs that I could buy?

Google, for God's sake.

Hi,

If Speech is installed on your system there will be an icon for it in the
control panel.

Andy

> I'm using XP Home and MS Word 2000 on the desktop; XP Home and MS Word
> XP on my laptop. Is there a text-to-speech feature in either of them?
> I'd like my computer to read Word documents to me.
>
> Thanks.
>
> <*((((><{
> Fishy@Ocean.Net

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

OK. There's a Speech icon in the Control Panel. It's set to
"Microsoft Sam" -- ahem. But the only thing I can get Speech to do is
read the dialog boxes, by using Narrator.

How can I have the computer read my Word documents to me?

<*((((><{
Fishy@Ocean.Net

In the last exciting episode on Thu, 03 Feb 2005 22:06:00 GMT, "Andrew
Bailey" <andy.j.bailey@ntlworld.com> wrote:

|Hi,
|
|If Speech is installed on your system there will be an icon for it in the
|control panel.
|
|Andy

|"<*(((><{" <Fishy@Ocean.Net> wrote in message
|> I'm using XP Home and MS Word 2000 on the desktop; XP Home and MS Word
|> XP on my laptop. Is there a text-to-speech feature in either of them?
|> I'd like my computer to read Word documents to me.
|>
|> Thanks.
|>
|> <*((((><{
|> Fishy@Ocean.Net

Hi,

Google for a free proggy called "speakonia" it will read anything you copy
to the clipboard ;)

Andy