Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Does XP have a Text-to-Speech feature?

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
February 3, 2005 2:54:06 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

I'm using XP Home and MS Word 2000 on the desktop; XP Home and MS Word
XP on my laptop. Is there a text-to-speech feature in either of them?
I'd like my computer to read Word documents to me.

Thanks.

<*((((><{
Fishy@Ocean.Net

More about : text speech feature

Anonymous
February 3, 2005 1:17:58 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

"<*(((><{" <Fishy@Ocean.Net> wrote:

>I'm using XP Home and MS Word 2000 on the desktop; XP Home and MS Word
>XP on my laptop. Is there a text-to-speech feature in either of them?

Windows XP comes with the Narrator. You can find more information in
Help & Support.

--
(tm)
February 3, 2005 1:17:59 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

I found the Narrator and tried it -- but it doesn't read Word
documents. Any other options? Any good programs that I could buy?

<*((((><{
Fishy@Ocean.Net

In the last exciting episode on Thu, 03 Feb 2005 10:17:58 +0100,
Thorsten Matzner <tmatzner@gmx.net> wrote:

|"<*(((><{" <Fishy@Ocean.Net> wrote:
|
|>I'm using XP Home and MS Word 2000 on the desktop; XP Home and MS Word
|>XP on my laptop. Is there a text-to-speech feature in either of them?
|
|Windows XP comes with the Narrator. You can find more information in
|Help & Support.
Related resources
Anonymous
February 3, 2005 1:43:47 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

"<*(((><{" <Fishy@Ocean.Net> wrote in message
news:1ab4011ase9i61lh20ij3i7b7n3p28t5ci@4ax.com...
| I found the Narrator and tried it -- but it doesn't read Word
| documents. Any other options? Any good programs that I could buy?

Google, for God's sake.
Anonymous
February 4, 2005 1:06:00 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Hi,

If Speech is installed on your system there will be an icon for it in the
control panel.

Andy

"<*(((><{" <Fishy@Ocean.Net> wrote in message
news:u2m301pojtfnto86p3s4t93fvk784rv81e@4ax.com...
> I'm using XP Home and MS Word 2000 on the desktop; XP Home and MS Word
> XP on my laptop. Is there a text-to-speech feature in either of them?
> I'd like my computer to read Word documents to me.
>
> Thanks.
>
> <*((((><{
> Fishy@Ocean.Net
February 4, 2005 11:25:54 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

OK. There's a Speech icon in the Control Panel. It's set to
"Microsoft Sam" -- ahem. But the only thing I can get Speech to do is
read the dialog boxes, by using Narrator.

How can I have the computer read my Word documents to me?

<*((((><{
Fishy@Ocean.Net




In the last exciting episode on Thu, 03 Feb 2005 22:06:00 GMT, "Andrew
Bailey" <andy.j.bailey@ntlworld.com> wrote:

|Hi,
|
|If Speech is installed on your system there will be an icon for it in the
|control panel.
|
|Andy
|
|"<*(((><{" <Fishy@Ocean.Net> wrote in message
|news:u2m301pojtfnto86p3s4t93fvk784rv81e@4ax.com...
|> I'm using XP Home and MS Word 2000 on the desktop; XP Home and MS Word
|> XP on my laptop. Is there a text-to-speech feature in either of them?
|> I'd like my computer to read Word documents to me.
|>
|> Thanks.
|>
|> <*((((><{
|> Fishy@Ocean.Net
|
Anonymous
February 5, 2005 4:04:45 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Hi,

Google for a free proggy called "speakonia" it will read anything you copy
to the clipboard ;) 

Andy

"<*(((><{" <Fishy@Ocean.Net> wrote in message
news:re87011rbectf60sgs9kl1t0cf5j3gln0l@4ax.com...
> OK. There's a Speech icon in the Control Panel. It's set to
> "Microsoft Sam" -- ahem. But the only thing I can get Speech to do is
> read the dialog boxes, by using Narrator.
>
> How can I have the computer read my Word documents to me?
>
> <*((((><{
> Fishy@Ocean.Net
>
>
>
>
> In the last exciting episode on Thu, 03 Feb 2005 22:06:00 GMT, "Andrew
> Bailey" <andy.j.bailey@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
> |Hi,
> |
> |If Speech is installed on your system there will be an icon for it in the
> |control panel.
> |
> |Andy
> |
> |"<*(((><{" <Fishy@Ocean.Net> wrote in message
> |news:u2m301pojtfnto86p3s4t93fvk784rv81e@4ax.com...
> |> I'm using XP Home and MS Word 2000 on the desktop; XP Home and MS Word
> |> XP on my laptop. Is there a text-to-speech feature in either of them?
> |> I'd like my computer to read Word documents to me.
> |>
> |> Thanks.
> |>
> |> <*((((><{
> |> Fishy@Ocean.Net
> |
>
!