Cannot create Eyefinity display group

Status
Not open for further replies.

casht0wn

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2011
I am unable to create a display group after re-installing windows. When i try, all three monitors duplicate. I have 2 HD6870s in Xfire connected to two displays through DVI-D and one through an active Mini-DP to DVI-D dongle. It used to be fine but now it will not create a group. The only thing I can think of is that I may be using a newer driver version than I had before. Somewhere i read about my renesaes USB 3.0 driver conflicting with PCIe but there is no indication from Xfire diagnostics. Also i get odd behaviour after attempting to create a group such as being unable change any other display settings until a reboot. I am stumped...

DavidPepperIT

Honorable
Apr 16, 2012
I had the same problem, in particular the phrase "all three monitors duplicate" is familiar to me. Once I get to that point, I look at the bottom of the Catalyst interface and in fine-print it says "recommended..." and in two steps you can "disable" the group and then "re-enable" the group.

I am no longer able to save the configuration (as I once was), so I do this each and every time I want to play games in eye-finity, and at the end of a session I have to load up a working profile to return the computer to non eye-finity triple monitor display.

I'm scared to run new updates to Catalyst and drivers because I don't want to stop myself mid-game (I'm in 80+ hours). I'll update everything then and see where things stand.

Next time I'll try Nvidia and I'll hold out for a card with >=3 displayport connectors.

At least it works. Sort of.

I would also add as a tip that the choice of which display/interface to cable in the primary display of the computer is important. Also the order in which you add the displays to the eye-finity group is important. My understanding is the "timing" of the group display comes from the displayport port, and the DVI ports are just along for the ride.

Hope this helps.

casht0wn

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2011

Not for my problem. I am aware of the usual setup process and even common issues experienced but this is definitely not right. When I try to create a display group now it skips the step where i select the monitor for which i would like to create the group and goes straight to the step to select the layout. I am going to try some uninstall-driversweeper-reinstall action because CCC is not functioning properly for quite a few operations. Also, I had all this exact same hardware set up the exact same way and it was running in SLS mode for months. All I did was a re-install of the OS...

Thank you for the reply

casht0wn

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2011

Hmm... I haven't tried that yet. Thanks for the suggestion, I will post results.

Devil Pico

Honorable
Apr 26, 2012
Had the same problem here today and I figure it out.

After create the Eyefinity group, with the 3 monitors with cloned desktop on the three displays, go in " Monitor/ Flat Panel Properties" under "My Monitors/Flat Panels" (second item on the group under the eyefinity group, I dont know the exactly texts in english, I use Portuguese)

Select the monitors in the top list and check if they have the same setting. I my case, the second monitor connected in the DVI port was selected the "Alternative DVI mode"or something like that. After I unchecked the option the Eyfinity wizard worked OK.

Just replied this because had find this topic searching for help while I solved the problem.

casht0wn

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2011
It looks like i'll never know the real cause; When I re-installed catalyst I updated from 12.3 to 12.4 and the issue has gone away. Thank you all for your awesome suggestions though!

Status
Not open for further replies.