Sign in with
Your question
Closed

HDTV cutting edges off screen?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 16, 2012 8:03:32 PM

When I use my hdtv as a monitor it cuts part of the screen off (the actual display goes past the screen) it does this no matter what resolution I put it on. I have a AMD Radeon 7690m and Intel Family HD graphics. Its a Toshiba Regza 1080p tv (either 30 or 32 inch I cant remember) I have a 2670qm processor if that is any help. Any advice?
April 16, 2012 8:23:59 PM

go look in amd ccc in the desktop and display option there is a slider to reduce the size of the screen up to 10 %

Best solution

April 16, 2012 8:33:59 PM

This is absolutely normal for Consumer televisions. They almost all have 5-10% overscan built in to accomadate broadcast television. Without it, a lot of standard broadcasts will get odd color artifacting on the edge of the screen. Some tvs, mainly flat panels have a pc mode for this, and some have an option called pixel by pixel, or dot for dot to remove the overscan.

edit. your tv has a dot for dot mode in the theaterwide modes:
THEATERWIDE MODES: Full/TW1/TW2/TW3/Natural/4:3 HD/Native/Dot by Dot
Related resources
April 21, 2012 2:59:43 AM

I figured it out on my own but what you said works. Thanks! I just had to change the picture mode to "native" This worked on my Toshiba HDTV.
April 21, 2012 2:59:56 AM

Best answer selected by rolltide101x.
January 8, 2013 2:14:38 PM

goombaxiv said:
go look in amd ccc in the desktop and display option there is a slider to reduce the size of the screen up to 10 %

I just bought a panasonic 50" and encountered this problem. I solved it by going to...

Menu > Picture (scroll to page 2) > Aspect Adjustments

Set Screen format FULL
HD size = Size 2 (Size 1 only shows 95% of the screen which is why the edges cut off)

SAM
!