tunkeytrunks

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2012
Ok, so I have a Xclio Godspeed One Advanced, and I'd like to upgrade cases,
My current one has had both of the 180mm Side Panel fans die, and I had to take out the 80mm fans on the top to install my new PSU, my birthday's comming up (like tomorrow the 14th :D) and I'm gonna have a few pounds to spend (I don't wanna shed alot I'm saving for a GPU upgrade).

So what's everyone's opinion on the CiT Vantage case? I've read a few Amazon reviews and they seem to suggest it's a good budget case, I cant seem to find any other reviews Here is what is looks like I've seen one for about £30.

Thanks!

wr6133

Feb 10, 2012
I have a little saying "cit sounds like sh!t for a reason" really they dont make anything that very good they normally try to make their stuff look flashy though to hide whats under the surface.

Similar prices but better quality

http://www.cclonline.com/product/79782/CCC-AE37BS-U02/Cases/Xigmatek-Asgard-Pro-Gaming-Case/CAS0584/

http://www.cclonline.com/product/80281/0-761345-15970-8/Cases/Antec-One-Mid-Tower-Case/CAS0592/

If you like the neon glowing lights toss in some LED fans

I never heard of that case before looks nice though but that's not a smart way to choose a case imo as long as a case has pleasing looks + been built using solid parts
+ Great thermal performance
+ Expandability
+ Plenty of options for cable management
+ Good value for money then i will buy it if not me no buy lol.

tunkeytrunks

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2012

Well, I've got one 120mm intake fan at the front. That's it! :lol:
And no options for cable management!

wr6133

Feb 10, 2012

The CIT has no real cable routing options, other than looks its lacking in any real features

To compare the xigmatek for £4 more has

Tooless bays

Bottom mount PSU

Dust filters

Space for 5 fans (2 included)

USB 3.0

CIT has

Well nothing to be honest LED fans maybe if thats a feature.

Cases are a matter of taste so nobody can say right or wrong but in the feature department that CIT is lacking to the point it would have been poorly featured 4 years ago.

^ So are you saying that if somebody prefers a case with - Great thermal performance
- Expandability
- options for cable management
- Good value for money it's all good because the shitty case is their taste lol

wr6133

Feb 10, 2012

You may want to re-read what I said I clearly state the CIT has none of those redeeming features. I provided 2 clear alternatives that provide the features you mention there. Now you want to chew at me for finishing that by saying at the end of the day while the cases I showed are better it's the OP's choice what to do? Would you rather I attempt to order him to spend his money in a way I see as wiser?

I don't recommend you try and order anybody around and yeah i see you did recommend him some good options it's on him from here out :)

tunkeytrunks

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2012
Yeah, wherever cheapest! :p

I gotta ask, what do you with the old case?
I've never replaced case before, so what would I do with my old one (should I decide to buy a new one)
I doubt I'd get any money worth the effort from selling it on eBay :??:

knightdog56

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2008
I just scrap out the old case, the company I work for does it for me, I seperate the plastic from the metal and it gets put iinto bins. Just take it toa salvage yard. About the case, read some reviews on Toms hardwre and also check out hardwaresecrets.com a lot to choose from.

tunkeytrunks

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2012

Wow, :eek: those are some really expensive cases!
I was thinking about getting this one, a Zalman Z11
But of course, I'd look around for the cheapest I could get it! [:russk1]
It's got bottom mounted PSU and dust filters under that and the space for an extra fan next to the PSU,
and it comes with 5 fans stock and cable routing option!