$1000-1500 PC build

I'm looking for a solid, high quality PC that I will be able to take to college and won't have to upgrade for at least two years. I know the minimum I'll have to spend is roughly $1000, and I don't want to spend more than $1500. Ideally I'd spend $1200 and $1300, but as the title says, over that is fine.

Basically, I'll use it for gaming and schoolwork, but gaming is the only thing that will actually be taxing.
I just have no idea where to start on any of this stuff. I've picked out a case, and a 1.5TB hard drive, but I don't know anything about motherboards, or CPU's. I'm somewhat familiar with video cards, and like the Radeon HD 7950 Double D Black Edition Video Card but its around $400, so I'm hoping to find a cheaper card with the same or close to the same quality graphics.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I'm not interested in buying a monitor, keyboard, mouse or any of that. I have those already.
3 answers Last reply
More about 1000 1500 build
  1. Does your budget include the parts you already bought?
    Please post the parts you already bought?
    Do you plan to Overclock or SLI/xFire?
  2. please visit this link and fill the form-
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261222-31-build-advice
  3. I'm actually going to post a new thread because this could get confusing. The part's I'm already buying are included in the budget so its probably around $200 or $300 less, among other things. So follow over if you like.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems