XFX 5770 Crossfire To Sapphire 7850 OC

Hello folks,

Prior to knowing about the graphic hierarchy charts for April 2012, I went ahead and ordered a Sapphire 7850 OC, to replace my XFX 5770 crossfire.

An interesting suggestion in the hierarchy chart is that a worthwhile upgrade should be 3 steps above current system.
After glancing at the chart, I noticed a 5870 (roughly equivalent to 5770 crossfire) 1 step below a 7850.

I feel like I jumped the gun on this purchase. Was wondering what your thoughts were?

I suppose a year from now I could crossfire the 7850 when prices drop further, yet I'm more inclined to stick to a single card solution considering the waiting games I've played for stable catalyst application profiles.
4 answers Last reply
More about 5770 crossfire sapphire 7850
  1. I think you didn't get a worth while upgrade performance wise but I also think you are in a better place now with a single card.
    AMD cards do always get better over time as the drivers are always pretty bad at the start of a new gen.
    In a few months time your card would most probably belong a rung further up the table. Speaking of which its really only a guide as with all reviews.

I wouldn't feel too bad about it.

Mactronix :)
  2. Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, I guess I shouldn't second guess myself at this point. Besides, I wasn't exactly prepared to spend $500+ on a 7970.
    $250 pre-tax was pretty well my limit.
  3. You can get another 7850 to make crossfire and get 7970 performance if you would mind.
  4. I'm pretty happy with it so far. I've managed to overclock the Sapphire 7850 OC a little further.

1200 core / 5800 memory / 1.176 volts

That's a reasonable jump from reference clocks of 860 core / 4800 memory. Seems stable after Heaven 3.0 testing and in-games. Should last me quite awhile.
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Crossfire Sapphire Graphics Product