Bluetooth Headset HS-3W - Low Quality...

Last response: in Brands
Share
June 17, 2004 2:56:06 AM

I just purchased a Nokia Bluetooth Clip-on Headset HS-3W.

After fully charging the battery, I made several calls and the sound in the
earpiece I found to be somewhat scratchy, muffled and of low quality. The
person listening to me says I sounded "tinny" and also quiet.

I did a test by calling my own voicemail, and I recorded two messages, one
with the Nokia Bluetooth earpiece (HS-3W) and one with the standard Nokia
stereo headset (HDS-3).

I confirmed the sound quality to be low from the Bluetooth, however the
sound quality from the wired stereo headset to be normal. I was well within
the 10 metres required for Bluetooth connectivity.

I intend to return it for a refund, however I was wondering if this the
experience of other users of Bluetooth earpieces?
June 17, 2004 2:56:07 AM

"Brent" <b1965@tpg.com.au> wrote:

>I intend to return it for a refund, however I was wondering if this the
>experience of other users of Bluetooth earpieces?

I've tried a few, and they are nothing like as good as the cheapest
and nastiest wired headset.

My view is that this technology has some way to go, and I would not be
afraid to take something like that back. The only reason so much
"technology" doesn't work is because people don't have the balls to
take the thing back :)

Peter.
E-mail replies to peter4400@peter2000XY.co.uk but remove the X and the Y.
June 17, 2004 2:56:08 AM

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 16:33:56 +0100, Peter wrote:

> "Brent" <b1965@tpg.com.au> wrote:
>
>>I intend to return it for a refund, however I was wondering if this the
>>experience of other users of Bluetooth earpieces?
>
> I've tried a few, and they are nothing like as good as the cheapest
> and nastiest wired headset.

I found my Bluetooth SE HBH200 gives very good audio both ways. Even in
noisy windy situations, e.g. riding a bicycle down a very busy street.

> My view is that this technology has some way to go,

It works OK for me now. :-))

--
Michael Turner

Email (ROT13)

zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg
June 18, 2004 7:15:06 PM

I had purchased one called <i Spirit> off eBay. The unit came
transshipped from China. I was a bit apprehensive about it, but it
turned out to be a nice lightweight small unit with quite good audio
quality and there was no problem getting my 6820 to recognize it. The
eBayer was campus111

!