Bluetooth Headset HS-3W - Low Quality...

I just purchased a Nokia Bluetooth Clip-on Headset HS-3W.

After fully charging the battery, I made several calls and the sound in the
earpiece I found to be somewhat scratchy, muffled and of low quality. The
person listening to me says I sounded "tinny" and also quiet.

I did a test by calling my own voicemail, and I recorded two messages, one
with the Nokia Bluetooth earpiece (HS-3W) and one with the standard Nokia
stereo headset (HDS-3).

I confirmed the sound quality to be low from the Bluetooth, however the
sound quality from the wired stereo headset to be normal. I was well within
the 10 metres required for Bluetooth connectivity.

I intend to return it for a refund, however I was wondering if this the
experience of other users of Bluetooth earpieces?
3 answers Last reply
More about bluetooth headset quality

    "Brent" <b1965@tpg.com.au> wrote:

    >I intend to return it for a refund, however I was wondering if this the
    >experience of other users of Bluetooth earpieces?

    I've tried a few, and they are nothing like as good as the cheapest
    and nastiest wired headset.

    My view is that this technology has some way to go, and I would not be
    afraid to take something like that back. The only reason so much
    "technology" doesn't work is because people don't have the balls to
    take the thing back :)

    Peter.
    E-mail replies to peter4400@peter2000XY.co.uk but remove the X and the Y.

    On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 16:33:56 +0100, Peter wrote:

    > "Brent" <b1965@tpg.com.au> wrote:
    >
    >>I intend to return it for a refund, however I was wondering if this the
    >>experience of other users of Bluetooth earpieces?
    >
    > I've tried a few, and they are nothing like as good as the cheapest
    > and nastiest wired headset.

    I found my Bluetooth SE HBH200 gives very good audio both ways. Even in
    noisy windy situations, e.g. riding a bicycle down a very busy street.

    > My view is that this technology has some way to go,

    It works OK for me now. :-))

    --
    Michael Turner

    Email (ROT13)

    zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg

    I had purchased one called <i Spirit> off eBay. The unit came
    transshipped from China. I was a bit apprehensive about it, but it
    turned out to be a nice lightweight small unit with quite good audio
    quality and there was no problem getting my 6820 to recognize it. The
    eBayer was campus111

    On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 16:49:10 +0100, michael turner
    <zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg> wrote:

    >On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 16:33:56 +0100, Peter wrote:
    >

    >> "Brent" <b1965@tpg.com.au> wrote:
    >>
    >>>I intend to return it for a refund, however I was wondering if this the
    >>>experience of other users of Bluetooth earpieces?
    >>
    >> I've tried a few, and they are nothing like as good as the cheapest
    >> and nastiest wired headset.
    >
    >I found my Bluetooth SE HBH200 gives very good audio both ways. Even in
    >noisy windy situations, e.g. riding a bicycle down a very busy street.
    >
    >> My view is that this technology has some way to go,
    >
    >It works OK for me now. :-))

Nokia Gaming Headsets Bluetooth