Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

les for D70 body/EOS 20D

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
July 24, 2005 10:19:41 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

I am looking to buy a dslr camera body and use tamron lenses
with them. Has anyone done this here? I would especially like
to know, which of the following lenses

http://www.tamron.com/lenses/prod/autofocus.asp

fit the Nikon D70 body or the Canon EOS 20D Body.

Thanks,
--j

More about : les d70 body eos 20d

July 24, 2005 11:01:56 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Any chance I could use this

http://www.tamron.com/lenses/prod/2880mm.asp

with canon eos 20d/350D Rebel XT / Nikon D70s.
It seems that it is listed as Nikon-D Mount , hence
should work with at least Nikon D70s?

Thanks,
--j
July 24, 2005 11:12:23 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Arent they more costly than the cheap tamron's ($60-$70 range)?

I am looking to buy a dslr body with tamron lenses/other lens.

Thanks,
--j
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
July 25, 2005 12:57:51 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

I was hoping to build something for around $500 from a body.
I do have an old tampon lens. But it seems that most of the
pricing on the web, that is cheap is fake....

--j
Anonymous
July 25, 2005 5:44:44 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

"John" <weekender_ny@yahoo.com> wrote in news:1122254381.376672.132690
@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> I am looking to buy a dslr camera body and use tamron lenses
> with them. Has anyone done this here? I would especially like
> to know, which of the following lenses
>
> http://www.tamron.com/lenses/prod/autofocus.asp
>
> fit the Nikon D70 body or the Canon EOS 20D Body.

Probably the ones that say "Canon" and/or "Nikon" in the "Mount:" category
on the product description pages at the link you provided.
Anonymous
July 25, 2005 6:07:23 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

instead of that lens, just get the D70s kit, which comes with a very good
lens (18-70 ED)?

"John" <weekender_ny@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1122256916.583164.160010@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
> Any chance I could use this
>
> http://www.tamron.com/lenses/prod/2880mm.asp
>
> with canon eos 20d/350D Rebel XT / Nikon D70s.
> It seems that it is listed as Nikon-D Mount , hence
> should work with at least Nikon D70s?
>
> Thanks,
> --j
>
Anonymous
July 25, 2005 7:19:03 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

well, price after rebate for the D70 w/ 18-70 is 950 right now at B&H. the
d70 body only package is 780.

For the extra $100 (170 difference - the 70 you will pay for the tamron) you
get a $350 ~ $400 nikon lens of good quality. very much worth it.




"John" <weekender_ny@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1122257543.118658.164300@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
> Arent they more costly than the cheap tamron's ($60-$70 range)?
>
> I am looking to buy a dslr body with tamron lenses/other lens.
>
> Thanks,
> --j
>
Anonymous
July 25, 2005 7:34:52 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

"John" <weekender_ny@yahoo.com> wrote in news:1122256916.583164.160010
@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

> Any chance I could use this
>
> http://www.tamron.com/lenses/prod/2880mm.asp
>
> with canon eos 20d/350D Rebel XT / Nikon D70s.
> It seems that it is listed as Nikon-D Mount , hence
> should work with at least Nikon D70s?

<sigh>
Anonymous
July 25, 2005 12:34:57 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

On 24 Jul 2005 18:19:41 -0700, "John" <weekender_ny@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I am looking to buy a dslr camera body and use tamron lenses
>with them. Has anyone done this here? I would especially like
>to know, which of the following lenses
>
>http://www.tamron.com/lenses/prod/autofocus.asp
>
>fit the Nikon D70 body or the Canon EOS 20D Body.
>
>Thanks,
>--j

Nice troll.

--
Bill Funk
replace "g" with "a"
funktionality.blogspot.com
Anonymous
July 25, 2005 12:50:37 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

I would like to buy a performance sports car but use cheapo remould
tyres....

Get the 18-70mm kit lens with the D70. Use it for 6 months then see if you
need any more lenses.

All IMHO of course ;-)

Guy


"John" <weekender_ny@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1122254381.376672.132690@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>I am looking to buy a dslr camera body and use tamron lenses
> with them. Has anyone done this here? I would especially like
> to know, which of the following lenses
>
> http://www.tamron.com/lenses/prod/autofocus.asp
>
> fit the Nikon D70 body or the Canon EOS 20D Body.
>
> Thanks,
> --j
>
Anonymous
July 29, 2005 5:49:15 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

On 24 Jul 2005 20:57:51 -0700, John wrote:

> I was hoping to build something for around $500 from a body.
> I do have an old tampon lens.

I'd like to see that lens's mount. Sounds like something Russ
Meyer might have used.
Anonymous
July 29, 2005 9:21:03 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

ASAAR wrote:
> On 24 Jul 2005 20:57:51 -0700, John wrote:
>
>
>>I was hoping to build something for around $500 from a body.
>>I do have an old tampon lens.
>
>
> I'd like to see that lens's mount. Sounds like something Russ
> Meyer might have used.
>
Sounds like an "F" style mount to me. :-)
!