Have Doubts, 3570k or 3770k?

WeiJin

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012
I Initially thought of going for the 3570k, but then I do mult task quite a bit when I game, of course i don't video transcode or something like that. So, I wonder does the i5 slow down? Or do I need to get a 3770k? :eek:

Solution

Trust me, you won't have any bad experiences with any of Intel's current line up. I didn't get any lag while doing heavy multi-tasking (Web browsing, gaming, mild Video-Editing, and movie watching) with an AMD Phenom II X4. That said, it is HIGHLY unlikely you would encounter lag with an i5.

On a side note, since you're using a Single Core CPU, any modern CPU would give you a HUGE performance boost. Going from a Single Core to a Dual Core will make you jump up and down in joy, going from a Single Core to a Quad Core, well...
As long as you're not doing any Photoshop or Sony Vegas while playing games, the i5 3570k can handle ANYTHING.

There is absolutely no reason to get an i7 unless you need the extra threads, i.e, video transcoding, video editing, photo editing, things of this nature. :)

WeiJin

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012
I'm not really sure how many cores i will use at one time. I want assurance that the proccessor won't be the bottleneck, or slow, cause I really do have a bad experience with a single core Celeron D right now..

Trust me, you won't have any bad experiences with any of Intel's current line up. I didn't get any lag while doing heavy multi-tasking (Web browsing, gaming, mild Video-Editing, and movie watching) with an AMD Phenom II X4. That said, it is HIGHLY unlikely you would encounter lag with an i5.

On a side note, since you're using a Single Core CPU, any modern CPU would give you a HUGE performance boost. Going from a Single Core to a Dual Core will make you jump up and down in joy, going from a Single Core to a Quad Core, well, let's say you won't have any complaints for a long while :lol: Throw in an SSD into the equation and you would feel like you have your own personal super-computer!

Solution

WeiJin

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012

Thanks to all of you for your replies! One more thing though, in your opinion, when will the quad cores, become the Celerons of today?