6230 - V 03.15 Software

I purchased a Nokia 6230 on 12 June, and I have already replaced the mobile
with a new one, due to its intermitent re-booting whilst using the Music
Player and receiving a MMS.

The replacement mobile is also behaving strangly. Whilst using the wired
headset (Nokia HS-3), it has intermittelnly changed back to the phone's
earpice whilst I am on a call. I unplugged the headset and reinserted it
into the Pop-Port to return the call the corded headset.

Also, the phone has locked up a few times when trying to disconnect the PC's
Bluetooth connection. I needed to remove the battery and replace it in
order to operate the mobile again.

Fom pressing *#0000# I note that I my current software is:
V 03. 15
17-03-04
RH-12
GSM P1. 1
(c) NMP

What is the latest software, and what issues is it correcting?

Regards,
Brenton
Adelaide - Australia.
12 answers Last reply
More about 6230 software

    On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 23:14:59 +0930, "Brent" <b1965@tpg.com.au> wrote:

    >I purchased a Nokia 6230 on 12 June, and I have already replaced the mobile
    >with a new one, due to its intermitent re-booting whilst using the Music
    >Player and receiving a MMS.
    >
    >The replacement mobile is also behaving strangly. Whilst using the wired
    >headset (Nokia HS-3), it has intermittelnly changed back to the phone's
    >earpice whilst I am on a call. I unplugged the headset and reinserted it
    >into the Pop-Port to return the call the corded headset.
    >
    >Also, the phone has locked up a few times when trying to disconnect the PC's
    >Bluetooth connection. I needed to remove the battery and replace it in
    >order to operate the mobile again.
    >
    >Fom pressing *#0000# I note that I my current software is:
    >V 03. 15
    >17-03-04
    >RH-12
    >GSM P1. 1
    >(c) NMP
    >
    >What is the latest software, and what issues is it correcting?
    >
    >Regards,
    >Brenton
    >Adelaide - Australia.

    Latest is 3.17. See
    http://www.mwiacek.com/gsm/firmware/dct4_56.htm#6230

    On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 17:38:16 +0100, ƧØÞ <no.spam@nowhere.net> wrote:

    >Latest is 3.17. See
    >http://www.mwiacek.com/gsm/firmware/dct4_56.htm#6230

    Think you will find that firmware version is specific to Orange UK...
    --
    Munch

    On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 21:55:01 +0100, Munch <dlsSPAMLESS@bigfoot.com>
    wrote:

    >On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 17:38:16 +0100, ƧØÞ <no.spam@nowhere.net> wrote:
    >
    >>Latest is 3.17. See
    >>http://www.mwiacek.com/gsm/firmware/dct4_56.htm#6230
    >
    >Think you will find that firmware version is specific to Orange UK...

    Both 3.14 and 3.15 seem riddled with annoyances. See
    http://www.expansys.fr/forumthread.asp?code=108417&thread=613

    Thank you very much ƧØÞ for the link to the forum.

    I submitted my mobile to the Adelaide, Australia Nokia Care Centre today
    (Thu 17 June 15:00 CST AU (+9:30 GMT)). The said they will upgrade the
    software to version 03.17, and perform hardware tests. I will not have it
    back until Monday.

    I provided a list of "intermittent" issues:
    The mobile has re-booted itself whilst playing a MP3 or AAC file.
    The mobile has re-booted itself whilst browsing the Internet.
    The mobile has re-booted whilst receiving a MMS message.
    The mobile has reverted back to the phone earpiece, during a call when a
    Nokia HS-3 headset was connected.
    The phone has hanged when disconnecting from a Bluetooth connection to the
    PC, which required a battery removal.
    (I was advised by the Nokia Care Line that I should close down my PC Suite
    first, before disconnecting.)

    On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 23:18:31 +0930, "Brent" <b1965@tpg.com.au> wrote:

    >Thank you very much ƧØÞ for the link to the forum.
    >
    >I submitted my mobile to the Adelaide, Australia Nokia Care Centre today
    >(Thu 17 June 15:00 CST AU (+9:30 GMT)). The said they will upgrade the
    >software to version 03.17, and perform hardware tests. I will not have it
    >back until Monday.
    >
    >I provided a list of "intermittent" issues:
    >The mobile has re-booted itself whilst playing a MP3 or AAC file.
    >The mobile has re-booted itself whilst browsing the Internet.
    >The mobile has re-booted whilst receiving a MMS message.
    >The mobile has reverted back to the phone earpiece, during a call when a
    >Nokia HS-3 headset was connected.
    >The phone has hanged when disconnecting from a Bluetooth connection to the
    >PC, which required a battery removal.
    >(I was advised by the Nokia Care Line that I should close down my PC Suite
    >first, before disconnecting.)

    Unfortunately, although it has been out for several months, it will
    probably take at least 6 months to have the more annoying bugs found
    by hapless early adopters. By the time version 3.3 or maybe version 4
    of the firmware is out it should be stable enough to actually be
    useable - by which time there will be a new must-have mobile on the
    shelves anyway!

    Please thrash the thing when it comes back and let us know what old
    bugs have been quashed (and/or which new ones have been introduced!)
    in version 3.17.

    Regards,

    wrote:

    >On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 17:38:16 +0100, ƧØÞ <no.spam@nowhere.net> wrote:
    >
    >>Latest is 3.17. See
    >>http://www.mwiacek.com/gsm/firmware/dct4_56.htm#6230
    >
    >Think you will find that firmware version is specific to Orange UK...

    Apparently not, as the original poster in Oz is having his handset
    flashed to 3.17 this week.

    "ƧØÞ" <no.spam@nowhere.net> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 21:55:01 +0100, Munch <dlsSPAMLESS@bigfoot.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 17:38:16 +0100, ƧØÞ <no.spam@nowhere.net> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Latest is 3.17. See
    >>>http://www.mwiacek.com/gsm/firmware/dct4_56.htm#6230
    >>
    >>Think you will find that firmware version is specific to Orange UK...
    >
    > Apparently not, as the original poster in Oz is having his handset
    > flashed to 3.17 this week.

    Although the release is FOR the Orange UK release, that doesn't mean it's
    specific to it. It most likely adds CSP functions that Orange uses, like
    automatic Line 2 and autodetection of the voicemail number.

    --
    Get your phone connected with LogoManager
    http://www.logomanager.co.uk

    Ok, I am happy to do that, however you are scaring me... ( I did not have
    these problems with my 6610, but then again, the new 6630 does so much more.
    My intention to upgrading was the music player, so I did not have to carry
    two devices around)

    "ƧØÞ" <no.spam@nowhere.net> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 21:55:01 +0100, Munch <dlsSPAMLESS@bigfoot.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 17:38:16 +0100, ƧØÞ <no.spam@nowhere.net> wrote:
    > >
    > >>Latest is 3.17. See
    > >>http://www.mwiacek.com/gsm/firmware/dct4_56.htm#6230
    > >
    > >Think you will find that firmware version is specific to Orange UK...
    >
    > Apparently not, as the original poster in Oz is having his handset
    > flashed to 3.17 this week.

    6630 was meant to be 6230... Ooops

    "Brent" <b1965@tpg.com.au> wrote in message
    > Ok, I am happy to do that, however you are scaring me... ( I did not have
    > these problems with my 6610, but then again, the new 6630 does so much
    more.
    > My intention to upgrading was the music player, so I did not have to carry
    > two devices around)
    >

    > "ƧØÞ" <no.spam@nowhere.net> wrote in message
    > > On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 21:55:01 +0100, Munch <dlsSPAMLESS@bigfoot.com>
    > > wrote:

    > > >Think you will find that firmware version is specific to Orange UK...
    > >
    > > Apparently not, as the original poster in Oz is having his handset
    > > flashed to 3.17 this week.

    On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 08:32:14 -0400, "Mike Bradley"
    <mike-nospam@bounce.logomanager.co.uk> wrote:

    >"ƧØÞ" <no.spam@nowhere.net> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 21:55:01 +0100, Munch <dlsSPAMLESS@bigfoot.com>
    >> wrote:

    >>>Think you will find that firmware version is specific to Orange UK...
    >>
    >> Apparently not, as the original poster in Oz is having his handset
    >> flashed to 3.17 this week.
    >
    >Although the release is FOR the Orange UK release, that doesn't mean it's
    >specific to it. It most likely adds CSP functions that Orange uses, like
    >automatic Line 2 and autodetection of the voicemail number.

    I was just repeating what it says here:

    On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 15:04:49 +0930, "Brent" <b1965@tpg.com.au> wrote:

    >Ok, I am happy to do that, however you are scaring me...

    Sorry mate! In that case you probably want to avoid going here and
    learning even more potentially bad news, this time on the hardware
    front!

    http://www.mobile-review.com/articles/2004/nokia6230-en.shtml

    Hope the 3.17 flash resolves most of your issues - don't forget to
    share your thoughts on it here on Monday.

    On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 20:48:00 +0100, Munch <dlsSPAMLESS@bigfoot.com>
    wrote:

    >I was just repeating what it says here:
    >http://www.mwiacek.com/gsm/firmware/dct4_56.htm#6230

    This is normally a very useful resource but at the moment that's about
    all it says about it - and it appears to have that wrong! I've
    already posted the 2 best links I know of for info. on the 6230's
    firmware and hardware issues, but here they are again for ease of
    reference:-

    Firmware bugs:
    http://www.expansys.fr/forumthread.asp?code=108417&thread=613

    Overheating issue:
    http://www.mobile-review.com/articles/2004/nokia6230-en.shtml

    Thanks to those who originally posted the links. If anyone knows of
    any other useful ones, please post them.

Nokia Gaming Headsets Software