6230 - V 03.15 Software

Last response: in Brands
Share
June 17, 2004 3:14:59 AM

I purchased a Nokia 6230 on 12 June, and I have already replaced the mobile
with a new one, due to its intermitent re-booting whilst using the Music
Player and receiving a MMS.

The replacement mobile is also behaving strangly. Whilst using the wired
headset (Nokia HS-3), it has intermittelnly changed back to the phone's
earpice whilst I am on a call. I unplugged the headset and reinserted it
into the Pop-Port to return the call the corded headset.

Also, the phone has locked up a few times when trying to disconnect the PC's
Bluetooth connection. I needed to remove the battery and replace it in
order to operate the mobile again.

Fom pressing *#0000# I note that I my current software is:
V 03. 15
17-03-04
RH-12
GSM P1. 1
(c) NMP

What is the latest software, and what issues is it correcting?

Regards,
Brenton
Adelaide - Australia.

More about : 6230 software

June 17, 2004 3:15:00 AM

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 23:14:59 +0930, "Brent" <b1965@tpg.com.au> wrote:

>I purchased a Nokia 6230 on 12 June, and I have already replaced the mobile
>with a new one, due to its intermitent re-booting whilst using the Music
>Player and receiving a MMS.
>
>The replacement mobile is also behaving strangly. Whilst using the wired
>headset (Nokia HS-3), it has intermittelnly changed back to the phone's
>earpice whilst I am on a call. I unplugged the headset and reinserted it
>into the Pop-Port to return the call the corded headset.
>
>Also, the phone has locked up a few times when trying to disconnect the PC's
>Bluetooth connection. I needed to remove the battery and replace it in
>order to operate the mobile again.
>
>Fom pressing *#0000# I note that I my current software is:
>V 03. 15
>17-03-04
>RH-12
>GSM P1. 1
>(c) NMP
>
>What is the latest software, and what issues is it correcting?
>
>Regards,
>Brenton
>Adelaide - Australia.

Latest is 3.17. See
http://www.mwiacek.com/gsm/firmware/dct4_56.htm#6230
Related resources
June 18, 2004 3:18:31 AM

Thank you very much ƧØÞ for the link to the forum.

I submitted my mobile to the Adelaide, Australia Nokia Care Centre today
(Thu 17 June 15:00 CST AU (+9:30 GMT)). The said they will upgrade the
software to version 03.17, and perform hardware tests. I will not have it
back until Monday.

I provided a list of "intermittent" issues:
The mobile has re-booted itself whilst playing a MP3 or AAC file.
The mobile has re-booted itself whilst browsing the Internet.
The mobile has re-booted whilst receiving a MMS message.
The mobile has reverted back to the phone earpiece, during a call when a
Nokia HS-3 headset was connected.
The phone has hanged when disconnecting from a Bluetooth connection to the
PC, which required a battery removal.
(I was advised by the Nokia Care Line that I should close down my PC Suite
first, before disconnecting.)
June 18, 2004 10:17:56 AM

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 23:18:31 +0930, "Brent" <b1965@tpg.com.au> wrote:

>Thank you very much ƧØÞ for the link to the forum.
>
>I submitted my mobile to the Adelaide, Australia Nokia Care Centre today
>(Thu 17 June 15:00 CST AU (+9:30 GMT)). The said they will upgrade the
>software to version 03.17, and perform hardware tests. I will not have it
>back until Monday.
>
>I provided a list of "intermittent" issues:
>The mobile has re-booted itself whilst playing a MP3 or AAC file.
>The mobile has re-booted itself whilst browsing the Internet.
>The mobile has re-booted whilst receiving a MMS message.
>The mobile has reverted back to the phone earpiece, during a call when a
>Nokia HS-3 headset was connected.
>The phone has hanged when disconnecting from a Bluetooth connection to the
>PC, which required a battery removal.
>(I was advised by the Nokia Care Line that I should close down my PC Suite
>first, before disconnecting.)

Unfortunately, although it has been out for several months, it will
probably take at least 6 months to have the more annoying bugs found
by hapless early adopters. By the time version 3.3 or maybe version 4
of the firmware is out it should be stable enough to actually be
useable - by which time there will be a new must-have mobile on the
shelves anyway!

Please thrash the thing when it comes back and let us know what old
bugs have been quashed (and/or which new ones have been introduced!)
in version 3.17.

Regards,
June 18, 2004 10:23:47 AM

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 21:55:01 +0100, Munch <dlsSPAMLESS@bigfoot.com>
wrote:

>On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 17:38:16 +0100, ƧØÞ <no.spam@nowhere.net> wrote:
>
>>Latest is 3.17. See
>>http://www.mwiacek.com/gsm/firmware/dct4_56.htm#6230
>
>Think you will find that firmware version is specific to Orange UK...

Apparently not, as the original poster in Oz is having his handset
flashed to 3.17 this week.
Anonymous
June 18, 2004 12:32:14 PM

"ƧØÞ" <no.spam@nowhere.net> wrote in message
> On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 21:55:01 +0100, Munch <dlsSPAMLESS@bigfoot.com>
> wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 17:38:16 +0100, ƧØÞ <no.spam@nowhere.net> wrote:
>>
>>>Latest is 3.17. See
>>>http://www.mwiacek.com/gsm/firmware/dct4_56.htm#6230
>>
>>Think you will find that firmware version is specific to Orange UK...
>
> Apparently not, as the original poster in Oz is having his handset
> flashed to 3.17 this week.

Although the release is FOR the Orange UK release, that doesn't mean it's
specific to it. It most likely adds CSP functions that Orange uses, like
automatic Line 2 and autodetection of the voicemail number.

--
Get your phone connected with LogoManager
http://www.logomanager.co.uk

Ok, I am happy to do that, however you are scaring me... ( I did not have
these problems with my 6610, but then again, the new 6630 does so much more.
My intention to upgrading was the music player, so I did not have to carry
two devices around)

"ƧØÞ" <no.spam@nowhere.net> wrote in message
> On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 21:55:01 +0100, Munch <dlsSPAMLESS@bigfoot.com>
> wrote:
>
> >On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 17:38:16 +0100, ƧØÞ <no.spam@nowhere.net> wrote:
> >
> >>Latest is 3.17. See
> >>http://www.mwiacek.com/gsm/firmware/dct4_56.htm#6230
> >
> >Think you will find that firmware version is specific to Orange UK...
>
> Apparently not, as the original poster in Oz is having his handset
> flashed to 3.17 this week.
June 18, 2004 8:32:24 PM

6630 was meant to be 6230... Ooops

"Brent" <b1965@tpg.com.au> wrote in message
> Ok, I am happy to do that, however you are scaring me... ( I did not have
> these problems with my 6610, but then again, the new 6630 does so much
more.
> My intention to upgrading was the music player, so I did not have to carry
> two devices around)
>

> "ƧØÞ" <no.spam@nowhere.net> wrote in message
> > On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 21:55:01 +0100, Munch <dlsSPAMLESS@bigfoot.com>
> > wrote:

> > >Think you will find that firmware version is specific to Orange UK...
> >
> > Apparently not, as the original poster in Oz is having his handset
> > flashed to 3.17 this week.

June 19, 2004 12:48:00 AM

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 08:32:14 -0400, "Mike Bradley"
<mike-nospam@bounce.logomanager.co.uk> wrote:

>"ƧØÞ" <no.spam@nowhere.net> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 21:55:01 +0100, Munch <dlsSPAMLESS@bigfoot.com>
>> wrote:

>>>Think you will find that firmware version is specific to Orange UK...
>>
>> Apparently not, as the original poster in Oz is having his handset
>> flashed to 3.17 this week.
>
>Although the release is FOR the Orange UK release, that doesn't mean it's
>specific to it. It most likely adds CSP functions that Orange uses, like
>automatic Line 2 and autodetection of the voicemail number.

I was just repeating what it says here:
http://www.mwiacek.com/gsm/firmware/dct4_56.htm#6230
--
Munch
June 19, 2004 1:00:10 AM

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 15:04:49 +0930, "Brent" <b1965@tpg.com.au> wrote:

>Ok, I am happy to do that, however you are scaring me...

Sorry mate! In that case you probably want to avoid going here and
learning even more potentially bad news, this time on the hardware
front!

http://www.mobile-review.com/articles/2004/nokia6230-en...

Hope the 3.17 flash resolves most of your issues - don't forget to
share your thoughts on it here on Monday.
June 19, 2004 1:07:54 AM

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 20:48:00 +0100, Munch <dlsSPAMLESS@bigfoot.com>
wrote:

>I was just repeating what it says here:
>http://www.mwiacek.com/gsm/firmware/dct4_56.htm#6230

This is normally a very useful resource but at the moment that's about
all it says about it - and it appears to have that wrong! I've
already posted the 2 best links I know of for info. on the 6230's
firmware and hardware issues, but here they are again for ease of
reference:-

Firmware bugs:
http://www.expansys.fr/forumthread.asp?code=108417&thre...

Overheating issue:
http://www.mobile-review.com/articles/2004/nokia6230-en...

Thanks to those who originally posted the links. If anyone knows of
any other useful ones, please post them.
!