Sign in with
Your question

$1200 -$1300 gaming PC (Building 2)

Last response: in Systems
June 13, 2012 11:36:51 AM

Approximate Purchase Date: this week

Budget Range: 1200 - 1300 Before Rebates

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Movies, general browsing and Office use

Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg.com, tiger direct, amazon (open to anything if relyable and better price)

Parts Preferences: I would like to use an Intel CPU, AMD gpu for eyefinity in the future and full tower case

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Yes within 6 - 9 months

Monitor Resolution: one is 1680x1050 with 2nd monitor at 1440 X 900 Other is 1920x1080 (long run will be 3 at 1920 x 1080 and maybe one above unless i settle for 3 at 1680 x 1050)

New Egg wish list

Wish list

Additional Comments: Plan to do Eyefinity as i can get better/more monitors and crossfire as well, i know my PSU on that is list not the greatest but i've had the older version of it in my currect PC for 4.5 years and it hasnt given me any problems. I haven't looked into any of the combo deals etc to try and save a few bucks but if i do i'd like it to go eithe to a better GPU or MoBo maybe a better PSU. I know i could be ok with Air cooling but I wanted to be able to get to the ram if i decide to double it without having to take off the CPU cooler. My concern is there is bottle necks in this system The SSD is for a boot drive and didn't know if 128 was to big/small (win 7 64bit) also shoudl i just spend the extra money on a 6mbs HDD. Anything is going to be an upgrade current system in an AMD athlon 64X2 3.3ghz and nvidia 8600GT on an asus m2n32sli deluxe with 4 gb ram.
Thanks in advance
!