Sign in with
Your question

Computer Problem

Last response: in CPUs
October 13, 2012 7:56:10 PM

my computer had a 512mb graphics card and 8.00gb (3.00gb useable) RAM. My computer could run wow, l.o.l, Blacklight retribution and DayZ with a min of 48 fps and cpu at 45%

My computer restarted and then would not load display, i sent it to a leading edge computer shop, they told me that the graphics card had failed.

I got them to replace it with a GTX 550 TI 1gb
they also told me they updated the bios which then allowed the computer to read all 8.00gb RAM.

it started having a cpu usage of 84% and dropping to a 32% on startup and 100% and resetting computer when opening a game.

ive been through the windows task manager processes and nothing out of the ordinary shows up. i have stopped it from running programs on start up which now allows it to start up at 25% and dropping to 3% but games still run at 53%-100% and fps is sitting at 1-23fps on all games.
both cards are Nvidia.... the 512mb is now in the partner's computer and seems to be running fine.

the computer shop made me do a fresh install to make sure no viruses were hidden.

Windows Express
processor: Calculations per second 6.6
Memory (RAM): Memory operations per second 6.8
graphics: Desktop performance for windows aero 7.3
Gaming graphics: 3D business and gaming graphics performance 7.3
Primary Hard disk: disk data transfer rate 5.9

Hardrive: Seagate 1TB
Motherboard : model - Bearlake Manufactor Gigabyte
Bios: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor : Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz 2.33GHz
Video : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti
display memory : 4049 MB
AdapterRam : 1023.69 MB
current mode : 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
PSU: 600w ocz

bios version F3v2
bios date 12/08/2010
phoenix award bios

unable to find out what motherboard i have.

i have recieved the blue screen three times

1. 12oct12 1945
2. 14oct12 0609
3. 14oct12 0631

on the third blue i was able to see 001E (few more 0's at the front of it)

More about : computer problem

October 13, 2012 7:59:24 PM

all drivers are up to date
m
l
October 13, 2012 8:06:13 PM

"unable to find out what motherboard i have. "
I suggest you to buy a newer motherboard. This graphic card requires a good data transfer and if you are using some no-name mobo, it may be actually the result of your bluescreens or even the reason why your previous graphic card failed. Are you sure there's no way to find out what mobo it is? How did they update the bios then? All the popular brands have their logo on their motherboards. Did you buy this computer in a supermarket? They usually save money on cheap mobos, rams and PSUs
m
l
Related resources
October 13, 2012 8:09:23 PM

aethersis said:
"unable to find out what motherboard i have. "
I suggest you to buy a newer motherboard. This graphic card requires a good data transfer and if you are using some no-name mobo, it may be actually the result of your bluescreens or even the reason why your previous graphic card failed. Are you sure there's no way to find out what mobo it is? How did they update the bios then? All the popular brands have their logo on their motherboards. Did you buy this computer in a supermarket? They usually save money on cheap mobos, rams and PSUs

all the tests i do to find out what it is i get

Motherboard : model - Bearlake Manufactor Gigabyte
ive tried looking at the actual motherboard and cannot locate and signs of it telling me model name etc
m
l
October 13, 2012 8:14:29 PM

actually i think i just found it

GA-TG33MH
m
l
October 13, 2012 8:27:53 PM

Bearlake is simply the codename of Intel P35 (Core2) so it tells me nothing. If it was actually a Gigabyte motherboard, there would be a printed label with the model name - i.e. GA-EP31-DS3L or GA-990XA-UD3. Where did you get that motherboard? Could you try contacting the computer store? I bet it's some kind of OEM mobo supplied for supermarket computers. I had something similar.
m
l
October 13, 2012 8:30:11 PM

GA-TG33MH is not even on Gigabyte website. As I previously said - I assume it's some kind of OEM mobo and I really advise you to get a newer one. 8GB RAM limit is quite ridiculous especially for a processor being able to deal with DDR3 (the biggest cards are 8GB per one).

PS
There was some lag between our posts :) 
m
l
!