6230 remove tones

Tags:
Last response: in Brands
June 16, 2004 8:53:53 PM

Hi
I want to remove all the tones on my 6230 but first I'd like to put them
on my PC incase I change my mind... However, when trying to drag the files
to my PC, I get error message "The mobile phone or connection is busy" and
the software completely hangs. Copying files from other folders such as
Images works fine.

Are the default tones unremovable or something?
--
Darren
http://www.wirelesswales.net

More about : 6230 remove tones

Anonymous
June 16, 2004 10:32:51 PM

":: Dazza ::" <Dazza@'net.com> wrote in message news:<capqbm$a2e$1@linux01.dannytuppeny.com>...
> Hi
> I want to remove all the tones on my 6230 but first I'd like to put them
> on my PC incase I change my mind... However, when trying to drag the files
> to my PC, I get error message "The mobile phone or connection is busy" and
> the software completely hangs. Copying files from other folders such as
> Images works fine.
>
> Are the default tones unremovable or something?

There is other software you can try. Do you get the same problem MobiMB?
June 17, 2004 3:28:37 AM

Most of them are copyrighted
June 17, 2004 3:52:40 AM

"hawker" <hawk99hawk99@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> ":: Dazza ::" <Dazza@'net.com> wrote in message
>> Hi
>> I want to remove all the tones on my 6230 but first I'd like to put
>> them
>> on my PC incase I change my mind... However, when trying to drag the
>> files
>> to my PC, I get error message "The mobile phone or connection is busy"
>> and
>> the software completely hangs. Copying files from other folders such as
>> Images works fine.
>>
>> Are the default tones unremovable or something?
>
> There is other software you can try. Do you get the same problem MobiMB?

Nokia PC Suite restricts which files you can access - MobiMB gives full
access to the phone, and also has the option to browse the built-in
ringtones in the phone as well as the gallery ones.

Mike

--
Get your phone connected with LogoManager
http://www.logomanager.co.uk

Joe wrote:
> Most of them are copyrighted

hmm. on another note, why can i only record 15 seconds of video?

--
Darren
http://www.wirelesswales.net

Media > Camera > Settings > Video Clip Length > Maximum

You now have 4 mins worth of video you can record
Anonymous
June 17, 2004 6:14:47 PM

I'm not sure if this will work for the 6230, but I had the same problem when
I tried to back up my original Nokia tones on my 6610 using Nokia DataSuite.
However, after a quick search online, I downloaded a trial version of MobiMB
and it let me drag and drop the tones to my computer with no fuss at all. If
you ONLY want to do is back up your tones, then the trial version of MobiMB
will do just the trick. But if you want to use the other features of MobiMB
(ie installing games into the Games folder, changing the operator logo etc),
then you'll need to buy the full version.
Anyways, once you have copied the tones to your computer, just change the
file extensions to *.mid instead of the *.vfs (i think) extension that they
are originally in. This stops DataSuite from not allowing you to download
the tones again, if you decide to load the original tones back on. Hope this
helps.

Eminent

":: Dazza ::" <Dazza@'net.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> I want to remove all the tones on my 6230 but first I'd like to put
them
> on my PC incase I change my mind... However, when trying to drag the files
> to my PC, I get error message "The mobile phone or connection is busy" and
> the software completely hangs. Copying files from other folders such as
> Images works fine.
>
> Are the default tones unremovable or something?
> --
> Darren
> http://www.wirelesswales.net

Anonymous
June 21, 2004 4:10:12 PM

"Joe" <joe_g_g(spam)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Media > Camera > Settings > Video Clip Length > Maximum
>
> You now have 4 mins worth of video you can record

True, but why is "maximum" limited at all?

Steve.
!