June 13, 2012 3:43:00 PM

Need A gaming laptop ---INDIA

Budget : $1200-$1350 (60000rs-75000rs)

Processor : i7 (quad) or i5 (quad) [ consider i5 if budget exceeds]

Screen size : 17" (15 also considering)

Resolution : 1600*900 or higher not less than 1024*768

Battery life : 3 or more hrs

RAM : 4-8-12GB

Gameplay : i want to play games at high quality with AA (AA off is not a problem. )

Other uses : not looking for video editing and graphics

Buy from : direct shops like Asus ,HP , DELL and if possible from internet (india)

Optical drives : DVD writer

HDD capacity : 500GB+

Preferable brands : DELL, ASUS, HP.... anything good

GPU : GTX 660M (most preferred) GTX 560M or equivalent
VRAM SIZE : 1 or 2GB

pS: if there ia an alienware for the budget also tell

a b D Laptop
June 13, 2012 3:49:20 PM

gaming laptop=oxymoron
a c 118 B Homebuilt system
a b 4 Gaming
June 13, 2012 4:00:10 PM

I agree.. No serious gamer would game on a laptop. Your budget range would be better spent on a desktop which will absolutely be FAR better than any laptop you could get in that price range.
Related resources

Best solution

a b B Homebuilt system
a b D Laptop
June 13, 2012 9:04:34 PM

I looked into gaming laptops somewhat as well, from what I remember most of those specs you would like will far exceed your budget. The highest graphics card you can get inside of an XPS 15 is the 540M, XPS 17 bumps up to 555M, and with the alienware MX14 you can get a 2GB 650M. The MX14 looks like the only available Dell option inside of your price range that offers sufficient specs. I decided against purchasing a Dell product, mainly because you can no longer remove any options, often times it comes packaged with useless stuff you must have (40 dollar digital camera, would rather just have to 40 bucks back but no longer possible!). I also did not investigate HP, have had many problems with them (I spent an extra 30 bucks on my desktop configuration for a wireless card which would not ever work, finally one day I tried moving my wireless router literally next to my case and then I actually got a signal, kind of defeated the purpose, and that machine was dead after about 3 years of light use). Most other major manufacturers do not offer much in the way of gaming laptops from my experience (at least not in that price range), I seriously investigated a gaming laptop before deciding on building my own desktop, and I could not be happier with my decision.

*Edit* I forgot to mention that HP generally does have more options than Dell and you can get much higher specced components for pretty reasonable prices, they also seem to offer lots of free upgrades, however this approach makes me wonder what the quality/construction of the components are, especially considering my past HP experiences. *Edit*
a b B Homebuilt system
a b D Laptop
June 13, 2012 10:48:40 PM

Wow, is it just me or does that price seem extremely inflated lol, 500-1000+ for the razer name?
June 13, 2012 11:00:56 PM

I believe they were sold out for awhile, not sure what their status is now. I'm sure a lot of it went into marketing, research and development though being their first computer. I also saw a prototype for a gaming pad, had two controllers on each side of it, I believe they are developing it now.
January 6, 2013 9:13:40 AM

Best answer selected by dgbkiller.
January 6, 2013 9:30:24 AM

ram1009 said:
gaming laptop=oxymoron

Yeah I kinda agree. Laptops are good maybe for kids or light gaming, really wouldn't consider buying a gaming laptop over a desktop because you're missing out on a lot. They're not really upgradable and you can't really overclock.
!