opening folders

Using WinHome-XP-sp2.

When I double right click certain folders to open I go to Search. If I
single right click and then click Open I go to the opened folder. I have NOT
installed any new programs since this started.
2 answers Last reply
More about opening folders

    Hi

    Please see the following link to Kelly's web site:

    Line 18 - right hand side

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    Please reply to the News Groups

    "milco" <milco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Using WinHome-XP-sp2.
    >
    > When I double right click certain folders to open I go to Search. If I
    > single right click and then click Open I go to the opened folder. I have
    > NOT
    > installed any new programs since this started.

    This problem occurs when you alter the "Drive" / "File Folders" entries via
    File Types dialog, to add a "Command Prompt here" or "Print Directory"
    feature for folders. (example)

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321379
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321186

    Click Start/Run and type this command to fix this problem:
    regsvr32 /i shell32.dll
    (Courtesy of David Candy)

    To fix this manually via registry:

    If this problem is seen for Drives: