  • Microsoft
  • Customization
  • Windows XP
February 3, 2005 11:39:09 AM

Using WinHome-XP-sp2.

When I double right click certain folders to open I go to Search. If I
single right click and then click Open I go to the opened folder. I have NOT
installed any new programs since this started.

More about : opening folders

Anonymous
February 3, 2005 8:03:28 PM

Hi

Please see the following link to Kelly's web site:

Line 18 - right hand side

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
Please reply to the News Groups

"milco" <milco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Using WinHome-XP-sp2.
>
> When I double right click certain folders to open I go to Search. If I
> single right click and then click Open I go to the opened folder. I have
> NOT
> installed any new programs since this started.
Anonymous
February 4, 2005 2:34:11 AM

This problem occurs when you alter the "Drive" / "File Folders" entries via
File Types dialog, to add a "Command Prompt here" or "Print Directory"
feature for folders. (example)

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321379
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321186

Click Start/Run and type this command to fix this problem:
regsvr32 /i shell32.dll
(Courtesy of David Candy)

To fix this manually via registry:

If this problem is seen for Drives: