Comparison Photos

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
July 25, 2005 6:39:48 AM

Wondering if there is a site that has untouched image files downloaded
direct from digital cameras. I'm considering the Oly 5060 vs 8080 and
would really like to see the difference that (among other things) the
5MP vs 8 MP would yield. I've tried a couple sites, but I suspect
some altering had occurred (and in one case it was acknowledged).
Looking for a few good leads.
--

Monroe

More about : comparison photos

Anonymous
July 25, 2005 6:39:49 AM

Visit a retailer and take along whatever memory card the camera uses and try
it out.

I have a friend with a DX2 and I used it with one of my cards and got some
RAW files to process.
Needless to say, it made my D70 look bad.

"Monroe" <minburn1@telus.net> wrote in message
> Wondering if there is a site that has untouched image files downloaded
> direct from digital cameras. I'm considering the Oly 5060 vs 8080 and
> would really like to see the difference that (among other things) the
> 5MP vs 8 MP would yield. I've tried a couple sites, but I suspect
> some altering had occurred (and in one case it was acknowledged).
> Looking for a few good leads.
> --
>
> Monroe
Anonymous
July 25, 2005 10:05:45 AM

Monroe wrote:

> Wondering if there is a site that has untouched image files downloaded
> direct from digital cameras. I'm considering the Oly 5060 vs 8080 and
> would really like to see the difference that (among other things) the
> 5MP vs 8 MP would yield. I've tried a couple sites, but I suspect
> some altering had occurred (and in one case it was acknowledged).
> Looking for a few good leads.
> --
>
> Monroe

check out Steve's site. As far as I know he uses the same basic shots
in all camera tests and just uses auto settings on all that he can.
You'll find both of those cams in the pull down list, then on each
camera's main page there's another small pulldown in which you'll see
the test pics page, click on any thumbnail for full page shot

http://www.steves-digicams.com/hardware_reviews.html

--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look

On 7/24/05 10:39 PM, in article r8k8e1dtgai3upk3vfpm6bb1pkmico343p@4ax.com,
"Monroe" <minburn1@telus.net> wrote:

> Wondering if there is a site that has untouched image files downloaded
> direct from digital cameras. I'm considering the Oly 5060 vs 8080 and
> would really like to see the difference that (among other things) the
> 5MP vs 8 MP would yield. I've tried a couple sites, but I suspect
> some altering had occurred (and in one case it was acknowledged).
> Looking for a few good leads.
> --
>
> Monroe
Comparometer
http://www.imaging-resource.com/IMCOMP/COMPS01.HTM
This tool lets you compare reference images from digital cameras
side-by-side. These images were taken under carefully-controlled conditions,
to provide valid comparisons of camera capabilities in actual shooting
situations. You can also download the images (using your browser's "save
image as" function) and output them on your own printer, to see how the
cameras involved will perform in your application. (See the copyright notice
first though!)
Enjoy,
NB
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 1:46:15 AM

"Dean S. Lautermilch" <calldean@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Visit a retailer and take along whatever memory card the camera uses and
> try it out.

This is the best idea. I hope many of you are doing this but I suspect not.
And when I try lenses I bring my own camera and card, shoot a bunch, inside
and outside (a good shop will let you do this) and say thanks I'll come back
tomorrow maybe to tell you which one I like.
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 1:47:11 AM

"Dave R knows who" <kilbyfan@spamnotAOL.com> wrote in message

> "Dean S. Lautermilch" <calldean@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Visit a retailer and take along whatever memory card the camera uses and
>> try it out.
>
> This is the best idea. I hope many of you are doing this but I suspect
> not. And when I try lenses I bring my own camera and card, shoot a bunch,
> inside and outside (a good shop will let you do this) and say thanks I'll
> come back tomorrow maybe to tell you which one I like.

Oh, and if I'm on the road I bring my laptop into the store to view the
pictrues immediately before selecting the lens, trying diffeernt copies.
!