Cant boot after installing windows on ssd

abolsomor

Honorable
Oct 13, 2012
Hello,

i just got an ssd drive, and installed windows on it ( without formatting the old primary Drive), there was a problem booting 1st when another mass storage hd was connected, when removed it went ok, then i restarted again and it said the bootmgr is missing ! i formatted the old drive then unplugged it amd imserted windows cd to repair it, it said its reparied but it wasn.t now nothing appears when i try to boot ( after the mothernoard logo)

Help please

JJ1217

Honorable
Set your SSD as the primary boot drive, if W7 installed correctly it shouldn't matter what is on the other drive.

To do this, go into your bios, and look for anything related to SSDs/HDD boot priority. Use page up/page down and make sure the SSD is booting first.

abolsomor

Honorable
Oct 13, 2012
i did that and did set it at the 1st choice and i did unplug the other hds also.. but when i go from windows dvd it says 11g giga bytes.. used 20 for windows.. without any drive '' '' like before for booting

abolsomor

Honorable
Oct 13, 2012
i had to format but now when i boot it gives me the option to choose from 2 windows versions (although the prev. one was formatted) and also if the external mass storage hard disk is connected it wont boot .. i have to turn it off ...