Tigerdirect currently has the 1100t with a game or flash drive for $190 and a 8150 for $180. I know the bulldozer cpus werent the best and stuff, so would the 6 core PII be better than the 8150 at stock speeds, no oc, playing games say bf3, wow, borderlands etc. It'd be paired with a radeon hd 6870.

Solution
I have owned both and compared back to back in my rig. Stock, pretty much equal with the 1100T having an tiny edge in games. Overclocked is another story. Max overclock on my 1100T under normal use was 4.2ghz. Max on the 8150 was 4.7ghz. Overclocked in my rig, 8150 wins in everything and is noticeably smoother all around when pushed to the edge. I run it daily at 4.6ghz. Great chip, very pleased with it and would not go back to the 1100T. To note, 8350 is supposed to be released October 23rd from the rumors? Will be cool to check out piledriver finally :)
At stock speeds, yes the 1100T would be slightly faster, but what you have now (@ your 3.2 OC) is already as fast as the 8150.

I honestly see no reason for you to "upgrade" unless you just like to burn money, lol. You would see almost literally no difference in going from the 1055T @ 3.2 to either the 1100T or 8150.

You might as well wait for Piledriver, since they'll be here very soon, and even then, I'm not sure it'll actually be worth "upgrading".

+1

Though, to be honest, as you mentioned, DJ, OP would see no difference :lol: especially while gaming!

not an upgrade its for a new build for my brother in law he alrdy has an intel build and wants a amd build hes taking the 6870 out of his i7pc and getting a 660gtx, and building new around the 6870, and hes not that big into pcs and doesnt know why the 8 core is not as great as the 6 core but i told him that the 6 is better, and i knew they'd be close, and if he wanted to hes getting a sabertooth and has the option to get piledriver or steamroller. Hes not buying right now he has to sell his old amd pc which is a Phenom I X4, so by the time he builds piledriver will be out so we'll look at the options then but for now 1100t or the fx 8150

garage1217

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2011
I have owned both and compared back to back in my rig. Stock, pretty much equal with the 1100T having an tiny edge in games. Overclocked is another story. Max overclock on my 1100T under normal use was 4.2ghz. Max on the 8150 was 4.7ghz. Overclocked in my rig, 8150 wins in everything and is noticeably smoother all around when pushed to the edge. I run it daily at 4.6ghz. Great chip, very pleased with it and would not go back to the 1100T. To note, 8350 is supposed to be released October 23rd from the rumors? Will be cool to check out piledriver finally :)

Solution
he said he might have someone to buy his old pc, so might be sooner then later for buying parts and wont be his main pc so if piledriver is expected to be a lot better than bulldozer would the expected price of 253$ of the 8350 worth it to the currently $170 8150?

That's a bit more than I was expecting, but it's supposed to be 10-15% faster, too.

If he doesn't want to spend that much, I'd say just tell him to go with the 1100T. No sense in buying the 8150 at this point.

Since the difference in stock clock speed is pretty big and considering the price difference of $8, it makes me wonder who would purchase the significantly lower clocked 8320 until the prices start dropping.