6600 (camera to) memory card problem

Firstly: I apologise if this has been covered ad nauseam - I couldn't find the
thread if so.

I just took three pictures with my 6600. The memory is set to the memory card
and I thought everything was fine... Until I put my card in my reader and only
found one picture.
If I take a picture with the memory set to card, it does the usual (Saving
picture...) thing but doesn't finish by telling me the image name. I also
can't copy existing images from the handset to the memory card. If I try to
navigate to the card memory via gallery it shows (no files) and sometimes ends
with an 'App closed mediagallery!' warning.

I can still take pictures fine with the memory set to phone. I can still take
video and store that straight to the memory card.

Many thanks for any help
charl
2 answers Last reply
More about 6600 camera memory card problem

    On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 18:39:53 +0100, "charl"
    <glittercharl@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Firstly: I apologise if this has been covered ad nauseam - I couldn't find the
    >thread if so.
    >
    >I just took three pictures with my 6600. The memory is set to the memory card
    >and I thought everything was fine... Until I put my card in my reader and only
    >found one picture.
    >If I take a picture with the memory set to card, it does the usual (Saving
    >picture...) thing but doesn't finish by telling me the image name. I also
    >can't copy existing images from the handset to the memory card. If I try to
    >navigate to the card memory via gallery it shows (no files) and sometimes ends
    >with an 'App closed mediagallery!' warning.
    >
    >I can still take pictures fine with the memory set to phone. I can still take
    >video and store that straight to the memory card.
    >
    >Many thanks for any help
    >charl

    try re formatting the phone and MMC card

    *#7370# will do the phone for you
    --
    E-Mail Addy obet(ng)qfy(qbg)cvcrk(qbg)pbz <---Rot13 it
    watch out for spam trap in header

    Free Phone Unlocking http://unlockme.co.uk

    10p a Picture Message/MMS http://www.mmsit.co.uk/

    http://www.davessite.co.uk Trike Power the TRUE Trinity

    | >I just took three pictures with my 6600. The memory is set to the memory
    card
    | >and I thought everything was fine... Until I put my card in my reader and
    only
    | >found one picture.
    | >If I take a picture with the memory set to card, it does the usual (Saving
    | >picture...) thing but doesn't finish by telling me the image name. I also
    | >can't copy existing images from the handset to the memory card. If I try to
    | >navigate to the card memory via gallery it shows (no files) and sometimes
    ends
    | >with an 'App closed mediagallery!' warning.
    | >
    | >I can still take pictures fine with the memory set to phone. I can still
    take
    | >video and store that straight to the memory card.
    | >
    | >Many thanks for any help
    | >charl

    | try re formatting the phone and MMC card
    |
    | *#7370# will do the phone for you

    thanks - in the end formatting the card did the trick without the need to
    reformat the phone. i'd forgotten the option was there in my low grade panic!

    charl

Nokia Memory Card Cameras Memory