6600 (camera to) memory card problem

Last response: in Brands
a b } Memory
June 16, 2004 10:39:53 PM

Firstly: I apologise if this has been covered ad nauseam - I couldn't find the
thread if so.

I just took three pictures with my 6600. The memory is set to the memory card
and I thought everything was fine... Until I put my card in my reader and only
found one picture.
If I take a picture with the memory set to card, it does the usual (Saving
picture...) thing but doesn't finish by telling me the image name. I also
can't copy existing images from the handset to the memory card. If I try to
navigate to the card memory via gallery it shows (no files) and sometimes ends
with an 'App closed mediagallery!' warning.

I can still take pictures fine with the memory set to phone. I can still take
video and store that straight to the memory card.

Many thanks for any help
charl
June 17, 2004 7:37:38 AM

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 18:39:53 +0100, "charl"
<glittercharl@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote:

>Firstly: I apologise if this has been covered ad nauseam - I couldn't find the
>thread if so.
>
>I just took three pictures with my 6600. The memory is set to the memory card
>and I thought everything was fine... Until I put my card in my reader and only
>found one picture.
>If I take a picture with the memory set to card, it does the usual (Saving
>picture...) thing but doesn't finish by telling me the image name. I also
>can't copy existing images from the handset to the memory card. If I try to
>navigate to the card memory via gallery it shows (no files) and sometimes ends
>with an 'App closed mediagallery!' warning.
>
>I can still take pictures fine with the memory set to phone. I can still take
>video and store that straight to the memory card.
>
>Many thanks for any help
>charl

try re formatting the phone and MMC card

*#7370# will do the phone for you
--
E-Mail Addy obet(ng)qfy(qbg)cvcrk(qbg)pbz <---Rot13 it
watch out for spam trap in header

Free Phone Unlocking http://unlockme.co.uk

10p a Picture Message/MMS http://www.mmsit.co.uk/

http://www.davessite.co.uk Trike Power the TRUE Trinity
Anonymous
a b } Memory
June 18, 2004 12:04:31 AM

| >I just took three pictures with my 6600. The memory is set to the memory
card
| >and I thought everything was fine... Until I put my card in my reader and
only
| >found one picture.
| >If I take a picture with the memory set to card, it does the usual (Saving
| >picture...) thing but doesn't finish by telling me the image name. I also
| >can't copy existing images from the handset to the memory card. If I try to
| >navigate to the card memory via gallery it shows (no files) and sometimes
ends
| >with an 'App closed mediagallery!' warning.
| >
| >I can still take pictures fine with the memory set to phone. I can still
take
| >video and store that straight to the memory card.
| >
| >Many thanks for any help
| >charl

| try re formatting the phone and MMC card
|
| *#7370# will do the phone for you

thanks - in the end formatting the card did the trick without the need to
reformat the phone. i'd forgotten the option was there in my low grade panic!

charl
!