TD kit vs. Prebuilt vs. homebuilt

christianelliott

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
hi guys! i want a new gaming computer. it doesnt have to be extremely powerful, i wont be needing to play very demanding games on ultra settings. high is fine. anyway, i am either going to build or buy a prebuilt system. i was thinking perhaps ibuypower. the components that i want are below:

Gamer Paladin D827
1 x Case ( NZXT Lexa-S Gaming Case - Black w/ Blue Light )
1 x Processor ( Intel® Core™ i5-3570K Processor (4x 3.40GHz/6MB L3 Cache) - Intel Core i5-3570K )
1 x Memory ( 8 GB [4 GB X2] DDR3-1600 Memory Module - Corsair or Major Brand )
1 x Video Card ( AMD Radeon HD 6870 - 1GB - Single Card )
1 x Free Stuff ( [Free Game Download] - DiRT Showdown - Free with purchase of AMD Radeon video card )
1 x Motherboard ( Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H -- 1x PCI-E 3.0 x16, 4x USB 3.0 )
1 x Power Supply ( 700 Watt - Standard ) - Caution. This could be generic low quality power supply for all we know.
1 x Primary Hard Drive ( 1 TB HARD DRIVE -- 32M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s - Single Drive )
1 x Optical Drive ( 24X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive - Black )
1 x Flash Media Reader / Writer ( 12-In-1 Internal Flash Media Card Reader/Writer - Black ) This is non essential. You can do away with it.
1 x Operating System ( None- Pre-formatted Hard Drive Only ) See how tricky this is? It say's 1x of None. Quite misleading if you are not careful.

this all costs around 850 bucks on ibuypower.

some people say buying this prebuilt is more expensive, and lower quality. however, i have never built a pc, and the prospect is a little scary, ill admit. i was also looking at tigerdirect's kits, and a few have what i want. however, even theses have somethings that i dont want, like the case. i really have my heart set on a nzxt lexa-s. anyway, advice anyone?

watch this to build your computer. it comes in in 3 steps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPIXAtNGGCw&list=PLB029F381E29C6002&index=2&feature=plpp_video

it is pretty easy too. all you have to do is find the components and plug this cable into that thing

in this build, since you are doing this for the first time, i will stick to a non-overclockable system

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/a4IE

it is about as fast as the ibuypower system that you got, but it has a better graphics card so that you can play games at high-ultra settings better than the 6870. although it is a bit more than the ibuypower, you could just get a 6870 to lower the cost a bit