HP Pavilion Dv7 Amd A8 Vision Problems

Kentobt

Honorable
Oct 14, 2012
Hello,

My problem lies with the fact that my computer will not load Facebook, and parts of the site lock-up, or freeze, and the browsers then become slow, and all other pages in my browser then take FOREVER to load. It also has a few issues with Youtube, which leads me to believe the computer has issues with Flash player... However, I am unable to find ANY solution to the constant browsing issues. Additionally, I have two other friends that have the SAME EXACT COMPUTER, and their computers do the same thing. I have come to a dead end, and I am irritated with the fact that when I try to access facebook, the chat will lock up, and disconnect, and I can't even redirect from the page. I can occasionally solve the problem by going through and deleting the history and cache, but this only delays my problems.

I have an HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC, with an AMD A8-4500M APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 6.0GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 7640G (graphics device), 64-bit Operating System, 1.9 Ghz Quad Core Processor.

I am at a loss.. I cannot find a solution.. DESPERATE FOR HELP OR IDEAS. I love this computer, but the incapability to run a browser smoothly is absolutely awful. I have used Opera, Chrome, Firefox, IE, Nightly, Chrome Canary, etc.

Maybe just some CPU error.. no idea whatsoever...

Looking forward to hearing something.

Thanks

Ken

Solution
The problem you mentioned, most probably indicates a bad network connection. Try checking your internet speeds first.

Also, update your AMD Catalyst drivers for your graphics, to the latest version, and see if this solves the problem.

As a last option, download the latest Firefox, and go to Firefox options, on the last Tab, 'Advanced' that appears, under General , then under the Browsing options, try disabling "Use hardware acceleration when available"

$hawn

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
The problem you mentioned, most probably indicates a bad network connection. Try checking your internet speeds first.

Also, update your AMD Catalyst drivers for your graphics, to the latest version, and see if this solves the problem.

As a last option, download the latest Firefox, and go to Firefox options, on the last Tab, 'Advanced' that appears, under General , then under the Browsing options, try disabling "Use hardware acceleration when available"

Solution

techmaniac1991

Honorable
Oct 13, 2012
My Mother has the same notebook, it is a dear notebook when she got it it cost about a grand, and you no its one of the worst ive ever seen in design and in performance.Hers does the same its really laggy and slow because i think its overheating because where the fans are put its not getting enough air into the system. HP made a ass of themselfs on this one my friend, if you have a reciept bring it back and ask for another model, not the dv7 , and if you can do lots of reviews on them before you buy and not reviews on the sellers website because most of them are fake just toget you to buy it.

Kentobt

Honorable
Oct 14, 2012

I had already updated my AMD Catalyst Drivers, but going to the site, I found the beta version, and AMD Overdrive... I haven't used Overdrive yet, but the beta version for AMD's Catalyst Driver has solved all my problems. Thanks for the help :D