Will this build work well for gaming

10 answers Last reply
More about will build work gaming
  1. Looks fine but I'm not familiar with that power supply so I can't say if it's good or not.
  2. Engima said:
    Looks fine but I'm not familiar with that power supply so I can't say if it's good or not.

    i can not find that many reviews but i saw a site that said if i don't overclock it wont burn up but that was for different items.
  3. Yeah, the only potentially questionable item is the PSU. I'm not very familiar with that model either.

    I've heard some good things about APEVIA power supplies, like this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817148027

    And it will actually save you a little bit of money too.


    EDIT: Also, I'm super jelly that you get Dirt 3 for free with your GPU. haha. I love that game, and haven't had a chance to pick it up yet.
  4. Do you already have a HDD for storage? Just an SSD alone is not the best idea. Also if you already have a storage HDD i would suggest you bin the SSD totally and get a better CPU and GPU. All that SSD will do is load things faster it will not make things perform at better settings. Your CPU and GPU are very weak the SSD money could be spent there (Phenom II and up 1 tier on the GPU) and that is where you will see real performance increase in games. That current CPU and GPU are going to limit you to lowish settings in most current titles and choppy FPS. Also you chose an OEM CPU so you need to buy a cooler.

    A phenom II 965BE would only cost you around $30 more and perform VASTLY better the remaining $60 from that SSD would then allow you to get a significantly better GPU. As is you will load games very fast from the SSD just to enjoy low performance.
  5. Assuming you do need a HDD this build would be better for gaming for around the same price

    GIGABYTE GZ-F5HEB Black SECC Steel / ABS ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811233073

    Western Digital Caviar Blue WD3200AAKX 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136770

    MSI 760GM-P21 (FX) AM3+ AMD 760G Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130638

    SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6670 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102988

    CORSAIR Builder Series CX500 V2 500W ATX12V v2.3 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139027

    G.SKILL NS 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231394

    AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103727

    Thats $527.72 or $507.72 after mail in rebates

    If you have a HDD you can reuse from your old PC that would save $69.99 which would allow you to get a much better Graphics Card.
  6. This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Systems by Mousemonkey
  7. if i only get the phenom instead of the athlon will the build still work?
  8. yes the Phenom is a much better buy than the athlon.

    but really if you don't have a normal HDD already for storage don't get the SSD. Using an SSD for day to day normal storage will shorten its life. Really an SSD is something you add to a top end rig as the "icing on the cake" and you just use it for the operating system and games all day to day storage is then on a normal HDD
  9. wr6133 said:
    yes the Phenom is a much better buy than the athlon.

    but really if you don't have a normal HDD already for storage don't get the SSD. Using an SSD for day to day normal storage will shorten its life. Really an SSD is something you add to a top end rig as the "icing on the cake" and you just use it for the operating system and games all day to day storage is then on a normal HDD

    Alright i put in a western caviar blue instead and a phenom
  10. Keanu Reeves said:
    Yeah, the only potentially questionable item is the PSU. I'm not very familiar with that model either.

    I've heard some good things about APEVIA power supplies, like this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817148027

    And it will actually save you a little bit of money too.


    EDIT: Also, I'm super jelly that you get Dirt 3 for free with your GPU. haha. I love that game, and haven't had a chance to pick it up yet.

    you want to buy it for lets say 25 dollars?
Ask a new question

Read More

Build World Of Warcraft Games Gaming Systems Product