Recycle Bin in Send to folder

If I place a shortcut of the recycle Bin in my send to folder or the default
user send to folder, it won't show up when I right click an item and select
send to. Anyone know why?

You can try this...
[[Repairing the Send To menu (6/4/2003)

A couple of users reported a problem affecting the Send To menu on Windows
XP, where new items added are not showing up. This is not a problem caused
by Send To Toys, but from damaged registry settings. Fortunately there is a
solution to this problem. Click on the Start menu, select "Run...", and then
type the following command:

regsvr32 sendmail.dll [press Enter]
Click on the Start menu, select "Run..." once again, but type the following
command:

regsvr32 /i shell32 [press Enter]
These two commands will restore the Send To functionality. ]]
http://gabrieleponti.com

If that doesn't work...

Send To "Recycle Bin" send a file or files to the Recycle Bin. Hold down the
CTRL key to perform a file shredding.

Send to Toys is freeware and can be installed on any version of Windows.

Send To Toys 2.3
http://gabrieleponti.com/software/index.html#sendtotoys

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:Xns95F29B892FE68praythechurchcom@Letuspray,
Black Baptist <pray@the.church.com> hunted and pecked:
> If I place a shortcut of the recycle Bin in my send to folder or the
> default user send to folder, it won't show up when I right click an
> item and select send to. Anyone know why?

Wesley Vogel rambled on in microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize:

> You can try this...
> [[Repairing the Send To menu (6/4/2003)
>
> A couple of users reported a problem affecting the Send To menu on
Windows
> XP, where new items added are not showing up. This is not a problem
caused
> by Send To Toys, but from damaged registry settings. Fortunately there is
> solution to this problem. Click on the Start menu, select "Run...", and
then
> type the following command:
>
> regsvr32 sendmail.dll [press Enter]
> Click on the Start menu, select "Run..." once again, but type the
following
> command:
>
> regsvr32 /i shell32 [press Enter]
> These two commands will restore the Send To functionality. ]]
> http://gabrieleponti.com
>
> If that doesn't work...
>
> Send To "Recycle Bin" send a file or files to the Recycle Bin. Hold down
the
> CTRL key to perform a file shredding.
>
> Send to Toys is freeware and can be installed on any version of Windows.
>
> Send To Toys 2.3
> http://gabrieleponti.com/software/index.html#sendtotoys

The run commands made no difference but the send to toys work great I was
using microsft's send to toys but this one is much better. Thnx

You betcha. Keep having fun. :)

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes