Recycle Bin in Send to folder

If I place a shortcut of the recycle Bin in my send to folder or the default
user send to folder, it won't show up when I right click an item and select
send to. Anyone know why?
3 answers Last reply
More about recycle send folder

    You can try this...
    [[Repairing the Send To menu (6/4/2003)

    A couple of users reported a problem affecting the Send To menu on Windows
    XP, where new items added are not showing up. This is not a problem caused
    by Send To Toys, but from damaged registry settings. Fortunately there is a
    solution to this problem. Click on the Start menu, select "Run...", and then
    type the following command:

    regsvr32 sendmail.dll [press Enter]
    Click on the Start menu, select "Run..." once again, but type the following
    command:

    regsvr32 /i shell32 [press Enter]
    These two commands will restore the Send To functionality. ]]
    http://gabrieleponti.com

    If that doesn't work...

    Send To "Recycle Bin" send a file or files to the Recycle Bin. Hold down the
    CTRL key to perform a file shredding.

    Send to Toys is freeware and can be installed on any version of Windows.

    Send To Toys 2.3
    http://gabrieleponti.com/software/index.html#sendtotoys

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:Xns95F29B892FE68praythechurchcom@Letuspray,
    Black Baptist <pray@the.church.com> hunted and pecked:
    > If I place a shortcut of the recycle Bin in my send to folder or the
    > default user send to folder, it won't show up when I right click an
    > item and select send to. Anyone know why?

    Wesley Vogel rambled on in microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize:

    > You can try this...
    > [[Repairing the Send To menu (6/4/2003)
    >
    > A couple of users reported a problem affecting the Send To menu on
    Windows
    > XP, where new items added are not showing up. This is not a problem
    caused
    > by Send To Toys, but from damaged registry settings. Fortunately there is
    > solution to this problem. Click on the Start menu, select "Run...", and
    then
    > type the following command:
    >
    > regsvr32 sendmail.dll [press Enter]
    > Click on the Start menu, select "Run..." once again, but type the
    following
    > command:
    >
    > regsvr32 /i shell32 [press Enter]
    > These two commands will restore the Send To functionality. ]]
    > http://gabrieleponti.com
    >
    > If that doesn't work...
    >
    > Send To "Recycle Bin" send a file or files to the Recycle Bin. Hold down
    the
    > CTRL key to perform a file shredding.
    >
    > Send to Toys is freeware and can be installed on any version of Windows.
    >
    > Send To Toys 2.3
    > http://gabrieleponti.com/software/index.html#sendtotoys

    The run commands made no difference but the send to toys work great I was
    using microsft's send to toys but this one is much better. Thnx

    You betcha. Keep having fun. :-)

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:Xns95F3769F3892Bpraythechurchcom@Letuspray,
    Black Baptist <pray@the.church.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Wesley Vogel rambled on in microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize:
    >
    >> You can try this...
    >> [[Repairing the Send To menu (6/4/2003)
    >>
    >> A couple of users reported a problem affecting the Send To menu on
    >> Windows XP, where new items added are not showing up. This is not a
    >> problem caused by Send To Toys, but from damaged registry settings.
    >> Fortunately there is a solution to this problem. Click on the Start
    >> menu, select "Run...", and then type the following command:
    >>
    >> regsvr32 sendmail.dll [press Enter]
    >> Click on the Start menu, select "Run..." once again, but type the
    >> following command:
    >>
    >> regsvr32 /i shell32 [press Enter]
    >> These two commands will restore the Send To functionality. ]]
    >> http://gabrieleponti.com
    >>
    >> If that doesn't work...
    >>
    >> Send To "Recycle Bin" send a file or files to the Recycle Bin. Hold
    >> down the CTRL key to perform a file shredding.
    >>
    >> Send to Toys is freeware and can be installed on any version of
    >> Windows.
    >>
    >> Send To Toys 2.3
    >> http://gabrieleponti.com/software/index.html#sendtotoys
    >>

    > The run commands made no difference but the send to toys work great I
    > was using microsft's send to toys but this one is much better. Thnx

Configuration Default Microsoft Customization Windows XP