Sign in with
Your question

AMD PHENOM 1100T X6 HELP HELP !!

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
October 14, 2012 10:46:28 AM

Im reading the forum and im getting mixed views on performance (bottlenecking) when crossfiring two hd 6950's on a 1100t cpu, people are saying switch to i5 2500k and people are saying it will do ok. Now i dont want to have to go out and but a whole new setup because you get a little more fps on a intel you no what i mean? i need a honest opinion and the truth, should i swap to intel or leave in my 1100t because doing this does cost alot of money.

More about : amd phenom 1100t help

October 14, 2012 11:06:14 AM

Under the assumption that your gaming and that the games you play use a maximum of 4 cores, I'd suggest disabling two cores and overclocking the other 4.

In all honesty that's kind of a hard question to answer, atleast without knowing what games you play and what your computer's purpose is.
October 14, 2012 11:08:38 AM

its mostly for gaming, BF3 Planetside2 , all the new games that are out. but instead of having to disable the 2 cores would it save me alot of hassle just to get the intel
Related resources
October 14, 2012 11:15:43 AM

Considering an i5 2500k is going to set you back $160 + a motherboard I'd atleast try disabling two cores first and overclocking the other 4.

I hate to ask, but how do you know whether your Phenom II X6 1100t is bottlenecking you?, determining these things is pretty hard and I wouldn't be surprised if it was something else.
a b à CPUs
October 14, 2012 11:58:38 AM

I don't see any reason to switch over to Intel (yet). The 1100T is a capable processor. Even with a bottleneck, you will still see adequate performance in games - so long as you have a good enough GPU.

If you do want to switch to Intel from the processor - wait until either Haswell comes out 1st half of next year, or it's 14nm shrink in 2014.
a c 78 à CPUs
October 14, 2012 12:59:00 PM

I switched from an X6 @ 3.4Ghz to a 2600k @4Ghz.....

The increased performance in my games was minimal and not at all worth the money spent on the upgrade.

Moving the games I play onto my old SSD lowered load times and improved the gaming "experience" far more than the small FPS bump I got from the CPU/MB upgrade.
a b à CPUs
October 14, 2012 1:33:03 PM

Hi :) 

I run 1100Ts...they are MORE than powerful enough for twin 6950s.... if anything the bottleneck would be the 6950s bottlenecking the 1100T....

You will get precisely NO improvement in games by moving to Intel and in BF3 you will see a loss in framrate...

All the best Brett :) 
a b à CPUs
October 14, 2012 3:22:35 PM

Brett928S2 said:

I run 1100Ts...they are MORE than powerful enough for twin 6950s.... if anything the bottleneck would be the 6950s bottlenecking the 1100T....

You will get precisely NO improvement in games by moving to Intel and in BF3 you will see a loss in framrate...

I agree , not much or no gain , online play will be a loss with the I5
October 14, 2012 7:28:21 PM

phyco126 said:
I don't see any reason to switch over to Intel (yet). The 1100T is a capable processor. Even with a bottleneck, you will still see adequate performance in games - so long as you have a good enough GPU.

If you do want to switch to Intel from the processor - wait until either Haswell comes out 1st half of next year, or it's 14nm shrink in 2014.

Thanks for the reply ,, i just orderd a 2500k lol, ive done alot of research into this cpu and it does sound like a very stable cpu and very good for overclocking. I always wanted a intel rig since my first was amd. From what ive seen online the 2500k wont bottleneck the gpus on any game, so i take it its a very good processor and will do me good for some years to come, the 1100t is a good cpu but the extra cores are pretty useless if your a gamer and not into rendering and video editing ect. Well i suppose if better having both than none lol

Cheers
a b à CPUs
October 14, 2012 8:20:16 PM

techmaniac1991 said:
Thanks for the reply ,, i just orderd a 2500k lol, ive done alot of research into this cpu and it does sound like a very stable cpu and very good for overclocking. I always wanted a intel rig since my first was amd. From what ive seen online the 2500k wont bottleneck the gpus on any game, so i take it its a very good processor and will do me good for some years to come, the 1100t is a good cpu but the extra cores are pretty useless if your a gamer and not into rendering and video editing ect. Well i suppose if better having both than none lol

Cheers

Ah well its done now, at least you can sell the 1100T for good money as they are in huge demand...

a b à CPUs
October 15, 2012 7:38:26 AM

I hate the term "bottleneck" Some games will be bottleneck from say a i7 920 with 2.66ghz, the ghz is the bottleneck in only cretin program/games that needs CPU clock, while say a Phenom II x4 975 with 3.6ghz will perform better then the i7 920 at that certin program/game. Get what im saying? If your playing a game where cores matter (Most games don't need 4 cores), then 1100T will do far better then the 2500k. But where a game needs the core for core performance the 2500k will do better for sure.

Today's software, there is always going to be a bottleneck somewhere, like a gtx460 might be a bottleneck in this game but not that game, same goes for a CPU. The only problem I have with the Phenom II line is that the memory controller is a bottleneck, Once you OC that beyond 2.5ghz (CPU-NB) The CPU will start to show its true colors. The 1100T wont be a bottleneck.

I know you have already got the 2500k, you wont be disappointed.
!