Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 17, 2012 5:29:11 PM

if i put a gtx 570 in my computer without a PCI-E connecter will he work

--try to understand because i am bad in ENG--

More about : question

a b U Graphics card
April 17, 2012 5:54:08 PM

Hello,

Do you actually mean the PCI-E Slot or the 6pin PCI-E power connector? If you mean slot - then no, a PCI-E GPU will not fit in any other slot than a PCI-E slot. If you mean a PCI-E 6 pin power connector - then yes you will need it connected otherwise you will run into stability problems/ and or the computer won't even boot up.
m
l
April 17, 2012 5:56:22 PM

hmdwe1 said:
if i put a gtx 570 in my computer without a PCI-E connecter will he work

--try to understand because i am bad in ENG--

You have various answers to the questions you have asked on several of your other posts but let's try to figure out where you are now. Originally you wanted a GTX 560 Ti but your PSU had no PCIe connectors so you bought a 550 watt PSU with a 6 pin and 8 pin connector which was fine for the 560 Ti as it was explained to you that you need two 6 pin connectors to power the 560 Ti and how to hook it up to your PSU. As far as the GTX 570, it also requires two 6 pin connectors and I think Nvidia recomends at least 550 watt PSU.
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
April 17, 2012 6:02:25 PM

Hes asking if he put his GTX 570 in the PCI Express slot without a PCI Express external power connector, can he do it? No. He needs a supplementary power supply do to the job. there is no cutting corners except when failure is bound to happen. And if he did plug the 570 into the PCI Express slot and power on without a PCI Express power cable.... His cable would either not power on or the fans would rev to extremely high speeds for lack of power
m
l
a c 87 U Graphics card
April 17, 2012 6:11:41 PM

Yes, you need to have your both the 6 pin and the 8 pin slots on the GTX 570 occupied by the appropriate power supply connectors. If you don't, then it probably won't work. If it does, then it will probably be unstable and cause a lot of crashes.
m
l
April 17, 2012 6:13:18 PM

Desert Eagle said:
You have various answers to the questions you have asked on several of your other posts but let's try to figure out where you are now. Originally you wanted a GTX 560 Ti but your PSU had no PCIe connectors so you bought a 550 watt PSU with a 6 pin and 8 pin connector which was fine for the 560 Ti as it was explained to you that you need two 6 pin connectors to power the 560 Ti and how to hook it up to your PSU. As far as the GTX 570, it also requires two 6 pin connectors and I think Nvidia recomends at least 550 watt PSU.

i thinking about buying a gtx 570 . because i bought a new PSU

but i wan know if i haven't connect the two 6-pin in my GPU will he work ?
m
l
April 17, 2012 6:18:10 PM

blazorthon said:
Yes, you need to have your both the 6 pin and the 8 pin slots on the GTX 570 occupied by the appropriate power supply connectors. If you don't, then it probably won't work. If it does, then it will probably be unstable and cause a lot of crashes.

can i connect thim with a molex power splitter if they came with the GPU box
m
l
April 17, 2012 6:25:01 PM

MANOFKRYPTONAK said:
NO it will not

finally someone answered

he will not work at all (i can't play any game )
m
l
April 17, 2012 6:26:04 PM

hmdwe1 has been through all of this on several other posts that he started. At this point he has a new PSU that has one 6 pin connector and one 8 pin connector. Both the GTX 560 TI and the GTX 570 require two 6 pin power cables so either will work on his PSU.

hmdwe1, why wouldn't you connect the power cables from your new PSU? Is there something preventing you?
m
l
April 17, 2012 6:31:16 PM

Desert Eagle said:
hmdwe1 has been through all of this on several other posts that he started. At this point he has a new PSU that has one 6 pin connector and one 8 pin connector. Both the GTX 560 TI and the GTX 570 require two 6 pin power cables so either will work on his PSU.

hmdwe1, why wouldn't you connect the power cables from your new PSU? Is there something preventing you?

no nothing preventing me

i just wondering if i haven't connect them what will happen .will he work or not? if he works will he run any game like CODMW3?
m
l
April 17, 2012 6:41:59 PM

Once you connect the PSU power cables to your card the way it was explained to you on one of your other posts then it will work. If you're wondering if the GTX 570 will handle MW3 then yes it is more than enough for that game. It will even handle BF3 on high settings on 1080p. It's a very good card.

Edit: No it won't work by just plugging the card into your mobo slot. The GTX 570 requires 219 watts and I believe a PCIe slot can only provide up to 75 watts. Not sure why you would even want to try that though.
m
l
April 17, 2012 7:20:25 PM

Desert Eagle said:
Once you connect the PSU power cables to your card the way it was explained to you on one of your other posts then it will work. If you're wondering if the GTX 570 will handle MW3 then yes it is more than enough for that game. It will even handle BF3 on high settings on 1080p. It's a very good card.

Edit: No it won't work by just plugging the card into your mobo slot. The GTX 570 requires 219 watts and I believe a PCIe slot can only provide up to 75 watts. Not sure why you would even want to try that though.

no i am not wondering if gtx 570 will handle MW3 .

i was wondering if any game will works in the GTX 570 without plugging the two 6-pin
but you answered that the GTX 570 will not work at all if i just plug the card into my mobo slot

so you answered me Q, thanks.

and i am sorry if i annoyed you.

m
l
April 17, 2012 7:52:54 PM

Glad I could help and I hope you enjoy that GTX 570.
m
l
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
April 17, 2012 8:13:01 PM

Look at this in this way. every slots in ur MB is assigned some amount of electricity. They can accept and run any hardware as long as the current requirement is within its range. Now ur said card needs more current then the slot can provide. So the card makers solved this problem by adding external power connection points to the cards. So with matching type of power connectors u will be able to supply required power to run the card. In ur case it is Pcix connector. If u remove the external power source how will the card be able to get its required power.
m
l
a c 291 U Graphics card
April 17, 2012 8:18:12 PM

Don't even try it starting the computer without connecting the 6 pins! You may damage your new card!
m
l
April 17, 2012 10:42:57 PM

Sunius said:
Don't even try it starting the computer without connecting the 6 pins! You may damage your new card!

can i plug the 6 pin in molex power splitter
m
l
a c 291 U Graphics card
April 18, 2012 5:02:48 AM

Yes, but only for 1 of the 6 pins. Other one must be connected natively. Moreover, the molex connectors must come from different rails.
m
l
April 18, 2012 6:26:33 AM

Sunius said:
Yes, but only for 1 of the 6 pins. Other one must be connected natively. Moreover, the molex connectors must come from different rails.

thanks
m
l
!