Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Power supply 560 Ti SLI

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
April 17, 2012 6:17:31 PM

Hello,

I have the below specifications:

Phenom II X4 955 overclocked to 4 Ghz (1.425 volts)
ASUS M4N75TD SLI AM3 Mob
Corsair 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz RAM
1 500 GB SATA II
1 1TB SATA II HDD
Kingston V64 64GB SSD
Asus GTX 560 Ti DCII
1 CD/DVD Combo
6 LED 120mm fans
4 High performance fans (Scythe, CM, Corsair)


Currently I have the 1 GTX 560Ti (900Mhz) and I would like to add another 560 Ti for SLI. I also have the Cooler master GX 750 Watt PSU which is not so efficient and many people have suggested me to change that PSU if I want to SLI with overclocking the cards upto 900 or 950 Mhz.

Please suggest me a decent power supply from Corsair, Seasonic or Cooler Master so that I can run SLI (overclocked).

Thank you.

More about : power supply 560 sli

Related resources
a c 272 U Graphics card
a b ) Power supply
April 17, 2012 6:58:46 PM

SLi'd GTX560Ti's that are clocked @900mhz can be run on a six year old 620w PSU, it's a Corsair PSU but still...
April 17, 2012 7:20:17 PM

catatafish said:
It didn't get such a great review, the one you have: http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Cooler-Master-GX... although I have seen Coolermaster get a good review here and there. You may want to read up on a few here: http://www.hardocp.com/reviews/psu_power_supplies/

I planned on picking up one of these to run 560ti in SLI in the next few weeks. Just waiting for 560TIs to drop a few more bucks.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...



How about Corsair TX 750 v2 or Corsair GS800. Will they be able to handly my Phenom at 4ghz and overclocked GTX 560 Ti's in SLI.
April 17, 2012 7:29:46 PM

The GS800 is actually what the Corsair website told me to get.

I guess I fall somewhere between the manufacturer recommendations (too conservative) and mousemonkey. That's why I landed on the one I linked, which is similar to the v2 you listed but I want the "M" for modular wiring. I think you'll probably be fine with any of them mentioned. Just depends on your budget and how many goodies you have loading it up, and where you want to fall on the PSU effeciency curve.
a c 272 U Graphics card
a b ) Power supply
April 17, 2012 7:30:39 PM

irfan88 said:
How about Corsair TX 750 v2 or Corsair GS800. Will they be able to handly my Phenom at 4ghz and overclocked GTX 560 Ti's in SLI.

Either of those will be more than enough but why don't you get the card first and see if the current PSU can run both of them before running out and buying a PSU that you may not need.
April 17, 2012 7:53:05 PM

Mousemonkey said:
Either of those will be more than enough but why don't you get the card first and see if the current PSU can run both of them before running out and buying a PSU that you may not need.



I have already promised another guy that I would be selling the current PSU (cooler master) to him. So I want to buy another one. Which of these two would be better in terms of performance for the overclocked 560 Ti's.
a c 291 U Graphics card
a b ) Power supply
April 17, 2012 7:58:31 PM

I'd go for TX750 because you'll likely find it cheaper. I would buy the cheaper part because they are both sufficient and has very good quality.
a c 272 U Graphics card
a b ) Power supply
April 17, 2012 7:59:02 PM

irfan88 said:
I have already promised another guy that I would be selling the current PSU (cooler master) to him. So I want to buy another one. Which of these two would be better in terms of performance for the overclocked 560 Ti's.

Either would be fine I reckon, I'm using a HX620w myself.
April 18, 2012 4:12:45 PM

Mousemonkey said:
Either would be fine I reckon, I'm using a HX620w myself.


One more thing, I have the Asus GTX 560 Ti DCII (830 Mhz version now). Can I SLI with the 900 Mhz version of ASUS?
a c 272 U Graphics card
a b ) Power supply
April 18, 2012 6:56:16 PM

irfan88 said:
One more thing, I have the Asus GTX 560 Ti DCII (830 Mhz version now). Can I SLI with the 900 Mhz version of ASUS?

Yes, you should be able to.
April 18, 2012 7:58:32 PM

Mousemonkey said:
Yes, you should be able to.



One last question 'mouse'.

I have the 830 Mhz variant of the Asus GTX 560 Ti DCII. How much approx voltage do you think is required to get this card to 900 and 950 Mhz (for both speeds).
a c 291 U Graphics card
a b ) Power supply
April 18, 2012 7:59:26 PM

I think 900 MHz should be managable without any voltage bump or as little as 20 mV. For 950 MHz, I had to bump it to 1062 mV for it to stabilize.

BUT remember each card is different! You may not need to bump the voltage at all.
April 18, 2012 8:48:20 PM

Sunius said:
I think 900 MHz should be managable without any voltage bump or as little as 20 mV. For 950 MHz, I had to bump it to 1062 mV for it to stabilize.

BUT remember each card is different! You may not need to bump the voltage at all.



ok, but I have noticed that the ASUS GTX 560 Ti TOP 900 mhz card comes with stock 1.025 as voltage but the 830mhz variant comes with even less voltage. So I tried to bump it up to 900mhz on stock voltage but it crashed when playing crysis for 10 min.

Can u tell me a list of benchmarks that would be required to test the stability of a graphics card.
a c 291 U Graphics card
a b ) Power supply
April 18, 2012 8:51:29 PM

I personally use Furmark, if it's stable on it for 1 hour, it won't crash on any game ever. If it's stable for 10 hours, it won't crash ever on anything (had crashes at 8 hours or so, but I haven't ever crashed in game with that overclock yet).
!