Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Fx4100 over c2d e7500

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
Share
October 14, 2012 4:23:51 PM

Hey guys i am planning to upgrade my c2d e7500 to fx 4100
Is fx a lot faster than c2d or they give about the same performance
i have overclocked my c2d From 2.93 to 3.33Ghz with asus p5g41tm-lx3 mobo
but if i upgrade to amd i think i will buy the asrock 970 extreme 3 mobo
i also have an old nvidia 8400 gs but it will soon be upgraded to hd7770
help me on this matter i always had been an intel fanboy but intel does come at a price.
i have 14000 indian rupees to buy the cpu-mobo combo.

More about : fx4100 c2d e7500

a b à CPUs
October 14, 2012 4:30:31 PM

Yes, the FX4100 will yield much better performance than the old Core 2 Duo. You should be able to overclock to 4GHz+ easily too.
a c 141 à CPUs
October 14, 2012 5:03:03 PM

Is it better than an old core 2 duo, yea, but that's like saying an I5 is better than a Pentium 4. Put the Bulldozer up against some real competion and it sucks nuts.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a b à CPUs
October 14, 2012 9:25:57 PM

There is zero justification for spending extra on an i5 when paired with an HD7770. Performance in most games will be GPU limited.
a c 141 à CPUs
October 14, 2012 9:35:04 PM

I never said to get an I5 go back and re-read what I wrote. :pfff: 
a c 141 à CPUs
October 14, 2012 9:36:53 PM

I would go with an I3 though over a crappy Bulldozer CPU.
October 15, 2012 1:51:51 AM

rds1220 said:
I would go with an I3 though over a crappy Bulldozer CPU.

i have 10000 for the processor. if intel gives better performance at the same price range then please suggest me a good one
a c 109 à CPUs
October 15, 2012 2:02:12 AM

If the main purpose of this rig is gaming, I would seriously consider the Intel Core i3 2120 or Intel Core i3 3220. They will smoke any of AMD's offerings at the moment as games still only fully utilise around 2-3 threads/cores.

I'm not sure where you're located so I don't know the price of CPU's, unfortunately. However, if you're on a very tight budget, I would highly recommend an AMD Phenom II X4 965 over the AMD FX-4100. The Phenom II will yield more performance due to how the architecture works on Bulldozer.
a c 141 à CPUs
October 15, 2012 2:20:47 AM

sainandan said:
i have 10000 for the processor. if intel gives better performance at the same price range then please suggest me a good one


Intel will give better performance and for that reason I would go with an I3 over an AMD Bulldozer or APU
October 15, 2012 2:21:25 AM

in some sites they say that some programs have problems running on the fx module. is it true?
October 15, 2012 2:22:53 AM

mocchan said:
If the main purpose of this rig is gaming, I would seriously consider the Intel Core i3 2120 or Intel Core i3 3220. They will smoke any of AMD's offerings at the moment as games still only fully utilise around 2-3 threads/cores.

I'm not sure where you're located so I don't know the price of CPU's, unfortunately. However, if you're on a very tight budget, I would highly recommend an AMD Phenom II X4 965 over the AMD FX-4100. The Phenom II will yield more performance due to how the architecture works on Bulldozer.



i am located in india and i buy my pheripherals from flipkart.com
a c 109 à CPUs
October 15, 2012 2:29:02 AM

sainandan said:
in some sites they say that some programs have problems running on the fx module. is it true?

"Problems" I wouldn't really be concerned. The FX-4100 works like any other CPU. The only thing you should be concerned about is how efficiently programs can utilise the FX modules.

Intel Core i3 2120 - http://www.flipkart.com/intel-3-3-ghz-fclga1155-core-i3...

ASRock H77 Pro4 - http://www.flipkart.com/asrock-h77-pro4-mvp-motherboard...

or

AMD Phenom II X4 965 - http://www.flipkart.com/amd-3-4-ghz-am3-phenom-ii-965-p...

ASUS M5A97 - http://www.flipkart.com/asus-m5a97-motherboard/p/itmd5p...
a c 141 à CPUs
October 15, 2012 3:04:48 AM

sainandan said:
in some sites they say that some programs have problems running on the fx module. is it true?


What kind of problems. If they mean that some programs don't use Bulldozers module junk to the fullest that is true. Intel CPU's do more work per clock making it faster and more efficient than AMD's Bulldozer and APU's. The perfect example is Intel's I3 3220 vs AMD's A10-5800K. Both are $129 dollars. The A10 is clocked at 3.8 Ghz the I3, 3.3 GHz. You would think the A10 would be faster but in reality On a single threaded apps the I3 is about 25% faster than the higher clocked a10-5800K.

Here is one example: http://www.anandtech.com/show/6347 [...] p-part-2/2
a b à CPUs
October 15, 2012 5:15:29 AM

The only thing wrong with the 4170 is that it burns twice as much electricity as the i3's. It's a very fast processor for the money and excellent for gaming.

a c 109 à CPUs
October 15, 2012 5:21:30 AM

twelve25 said:
The only thing wrong with the 4170 is that it burns twice as much electricity as the i3's. It's a very fast processor for the money and excellent for gaming.

Don't forget that the 3 year old Phenom II X4 965 can out-perform it as well :lol:  Not to mention, you're only paying extra for the boost in clock speed with the FX-4170. You could easily OC the FX-4100 to the same clocks on the stock CPU cooler.
October 15, 2012 8:43:46 AM

mocchan said:
Don't forget that the 3 year old Phenom II X4 965 can out-perform it as well :lol:  Not to mention, you're only paying extra for the boost in clock speed with the FX-4170. You could easily OC the FX-4100 to the same clocks on the stock CPU cooler.


hey , can i crossfire with the mobos you have suggested
i can get two hd7770s if i can
October 15, 2012 9:02:00 AM

what about the asrock 970 extreme 4 mobo
October 15, 2012 9:09:49 AM

thanks everybody for your valuable suggestions
i think i should go with an i5
October 15, 2012 10:27:50 AM

hmm u are indian right i also too i give u the sight for good deal in cpu erodov is the good one for buying and selling the parts of pc i suggest contact kishan_razer for good one its trustable try erodv u got good prices for the system instead of market
a c 109 à CPUs
October 15, 2012 9:56:54 PM

The motherboards I have listed will not support Crossfire/SLI. They only have one PCI-E 16x slot. You will have to select a more expensive option if you were to Crossfire in the future.

As for your i5 decision, good choice ;)  Just be sure to get a decent GPU to go along with it. Save up a few $$$ and get one STRONG GPU instead of two HD7770's. This will give you the best results overall.
October 16, 2012 8:51:11 AM

mocchan said:
The motherboards I have listed will not support Crossfire/SLI. They only have one PCI-E 16x slot. You will have to select a more expensive option if you were to Crossfire in the future.

As for your i5 decision, good choice ;)  Just be sure to get a decent GPU to go along with it. Save up a few $$$ and get one STRONG GPU instead of two HD7770's. This will give you the best results overall.


so i got another 40000 inr by selling my old pc
now i think i can make a beast
any suggestions for components
as for the i5 or hd7770, i havent bought them yet
a c 141 à CPUs
October 16, 2012 3:25:27 PM

The I5 is fine.If you want to do serious gaming though you're going to need something better than a Radeon 7770. The 7750 and 7770 are pretty low end.
a c 109 à CPUs
October 16, 2012 11:34:32 PM

sainandan said:
so i got another 40000 inr by selling my old pc
now i think i can make a beast
any suggestions for components
as for the i5 or hd7770, i havent bought them yet

Could you make a list of components you need? Including if you need a copy of Windows or not. This would ultimately help us list components that fit your budget.
October 17, 2012 2:05:23 PM

i got 50000 for the entire CPU (mobo+processor+gpu+etc..etc)
25000 for my displays (Full Hd, 3x eyefinity)
and 5000 for the rest of them (mouse keyboard speakers etc)
a c 109 à CPUs
October 18, 2012 12:07:17 AM

I'll make you a parts list on flipkart shortly :) 
a c 109 à CPUs
October 18, 2012 12:25:13 AM

AMD Phenom II X4 965 (RS 6784) - http://www.flipkart.com/amd-3-4-ghz-am3-phenom-ii-965-p...

ASUS M5A97 Motherboard (RS 6696) - http://www.flipkart.com/asus-m5a97-motherboard/p/itmd5p...

G. Skill RipjJawsX RAM 2x4GB 1333Mhz (RS 3591) - http://www.flipkart.com/g-skill-ripjawsx-ddr3-8-gb-2-x-...

Corsair CX500V2 PSU (RS 3876) - http://www.flipkart.com/corsair-cmpsu-500cxv2uk-500-wat...

Sapphire Radeon HD6870 (RS 13375) - http://www.flipkart.com/sapphire-amd-ati-radeon-hd-6870...

Antec Three Hundred Case - http://www.flipkart.com/antec-three-hundred-mid-tower-c...

LG DVD Drive (RS 1035) - http://www.flipkart.com/lg-gh24ns71-gh24ns72-internal-o...

Total - RS 35,357

Now I realise I came WAY under budget considering you listed RS 50,000. If you wish, I could make another rig with a beefier GPU/CPU :)  You may be able to squeeze in an i5+Radeon HD7870 into this rig considering how much I came under budget.

On a side note, I'm going to have you select your own keyboard, mouse, and speakers. Everyone has a personal preference so I can't recommend anything. You'll also have to decide on monitors yourself :)  I would highly recommend a 1080p monitor considering this is a fairly modern gaming rig.

On a side note, do you plan to play in Eyefinity? If so, I will put a beefier GPU into this rig. A Radeon HD6870 wouldn't be able to provide enough horsepower if this is the case.
October 18, 2012 12:34:50 PM

mocchan said:
AMD Phenom II X4 965 (RS 6784) - http://www.flipkart.com/amd-3-4-ghz-am3-phenom-ii-965-p...

ASUS M5A97 Motherboard (RS 6696) - http://www.flipkart.com/asus-m5a97-motherboard/p/itmd5p...

G. Skill RipjJawsX RAM 2x4GB 1333Mhz (RS 3591) - http://www.flipkart.com/g-skill-ripjawsx-ddr3-8-gb-2-x-...

Corsair CX500V2 PSU (RS 3876) - http://www.flipkart.com/corsair-cmpsu-500cxv2uk-500-wat...

Sapphire Radeon HD6870 (RS 13375) - http://www.flipkart.com/sapphire-amd-ati-radeon-hd-6870...

Antec Three Hundred Case - http://www.flipkart.com/antec-three-hundred-mid-tower-c...

LG DVD Drive (RS 1035) - http://www.flipkart.com/lg-gh24ns71-gh24ns72-internal-o...

Total - RS 35,357

Now I realise I came WAY under budget considering you listed RS 50,000. If you wish, I could make another rig with a beefier GPU/CPU :)  You may be able to squeeze in an i5+Radeon HD7870 into this rig considering how much I came under budget.

On a side note, I'm going to have you select your own keyboard, mouse, and speakers. Everyone has a personal preference so I can't recommend anything. You'll also have to decide on monitors yourself :)  I would highly recommend a 1080p monitor considering this is a fairly modern gaming rig.

On a side note, do you plan to play in Eyefinity? If so, I will put a beefier GPU into this rig. A Radeon HD6870 wouldn't be able to provide enough horsepower if this is the case.


yeah i think i should opt for eyefinity
but i already own a samsung 55" smart tv

http://www.flipkart.com/samsung-ua55es6200e-led-55-inch...

so the money i cut off from the display can be used for better processer and

as for the card i think i will buy the hd 7970

http://www.flipkart.com/sapphire-amd-ati-hd-7970-oc-3-g...
a b à CPUs
October 18, 2012 1:38:53 PM

also get 1600mhz ram instead of 1333. the price for them is almost the same and 1600mhz offers a little extra performance!

a c 101 à CPUs
October 18, 2012 2:29:57 PM

sainandan said:
hey , can i crossfire with the mobos you have suggested
i can get two hd7770s if i can

If you haven't bought the 7770s yet, you should consider getting a single 7870 instead.

A single GPU is cheaper, uses less power, has nearly twice as much RAM bandwidth, avoids problems with CFX micro-stuttering, makes more efficient use of RAM, RAM bandwidth, shaders, etc. so overall, 1x7870/2GB should yield a much better overall user-experience than 2x7770/1GB.

SLI/CFX makes little sense unless you are either A) supplementing an existing card or B) building at the high-end where no other faster single-GPU option exists.
October 18, 2012 4:57:43 PM

dont buy product from flipkart i recently purchased an 1m3+ m5a970 and its barely hard to working i have facing problem no display when i rush to sevice center they said they gonna have to send back the mobo where they come and its mumbai so i f u have issue with flipkart product they all send back to mumbai i would dont buy there they also use the old stock too i suggest buy an electronic items buy seeing at u r sight i buy a rest of my system parts from nehru place cost to cost and it have working fine i will never buy any product from *** flipkart u see a huge price difference in nehru place insist of buying online product considering corsair gs 800 7500 in flipkart nehru place 6250 included taxes and all flipkart i such a stupid one selling at the huge different price
October 18, 2012 5:14:19 PM

case + too at antec 300 buying is such stupid as well which have no cable management i would get a corsair 400 r by adding 300 extra 4500 at nehru place
!