Will Radeon HD 6670 work on my system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mushahidrazaansari

Honorable
Apr 17, 2012
Hello,
i want to buy Ati Radeon 6670 but before buying i want confirm that it will work or not.
many friends are saying it it ddr3, ddr5 and my mother board is ddr2.
anybody pls tell me can it work?

my system-

intel core 2 duo e7300 2.66 Ghz
3 gb ram
motherboard - elitegroup g31t-m7

reply soon pls.

Solution
Hello,

The type of ram on a graphics card has no bearing on the type of ram your motherboard uses. What matters is whether or not you have a PCIE slot - and your motherboard has 1x PCIE slot (red slot on your motherboard).

You also need a minnimum of a 400W power supply for this video card.

What is your exact power supply? You might need a power supply upgrade to add in a video card.
Hello,

The type of ram on a graphics card has no bearing on the type of ram your motherboard uses. What matters is whether or not you have a PCIE slot - and your motherboard has 1x PCIE slot (red slot on your motherboard).

You also need a minnimum of a 400W power supply for this video card.

What is your exact power supply? You might need a power supply upgrade to add in a video card.

Solution
GPU's have their own set of RAM and will work with any system RAM, the types don't have to match. My concerns are do you have enough room in your case? (Is it a small form case or mid-tower?) What type of Power Supply do you have? (It is recommended that you have atleast 400watts)

What exact power supply do you have? Just because it says its 450W doesn't mean it's going to be ok to install a graphics card....We need to know the PSU brand name and model.

Read this page, don't just skim over it either:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/CategoryIntelligenceArticle.aspx?articleId=193

Look at all the pictures and read about the differences.

Well you should be good to go for a Radeon 6670. That unknown 450W PSU is kind of bugging me though. However if you do just go ahead and get the 6670 - and your computer has issues, you might need a new PSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.