Sign in with
Your question

Monitor Displays no signal

Last response: in Components
October 14, 2012 8:07:32 PM

I have this issue from last 1.5 years or so..the machine boots properly, HDD,dvd drive all smoothly but monitor displays no signal and goes black..But this is not as consistent problem..Sometimes monitor runs smoothly but sometimes don't..from yesterday itself I am facing similar problem..But the problem vanishes when I put my vga cord to my motherboard, but whenever I am trying put it behind my GPU I am facing that sort of problem..

I have tried lots of things

1. changing my GPU
2. remove power cord and hold on button
3. clearing cmos

but nothing did work..

Can you please guys help me to sort this? I am getting confused whats the culprit behind this.and if there are any hardware issues, then it should work consistently, not like 3-4 times in a months or so..

please help
October 14, 2012 8:17:13 PM

By changing you Graphics card do you mean just removing it and placing it back in or did you replace the video card itself? If you changed the video card then I suspect the motherboard PCI-E connector may be damaged or something. Also post your computer specs and your power supply wattage, it may be something wrong with the power supply delivering watts to the video card. In addition, I had a simmilar problem and it was a motherboard problem, it fixed itself with a bios update. Post your motherboard model and brand here so I can get you the correct bios update.
m
l
October 14, 2012 8:27:07 PM

Thanks for your response..Changing my gpu means I have changed my gpu to a different one..specs are follows,

msi 785G E53 motherboard
AMD pheonom ii x4 945 3.0 ghz
evga gtx 560 ti 1 gb gpu
cooler master extreme power plus 600 watt psu
lg dvd rom
seaggate HD
AOC 18.5 inch monitor

One thing I would like to mention that if it is mb problem, then y the monitor displaying properly while connecting the vga cable to my mb? also I am getting confused that if it was some hardware issue, then it should happen regularly
m
l
Related resources
October 15, 2012 1:20:59 AM

Sorry for the late reply, here is a link to your bios update page, verify if this is your motherboard and download the latest driver after going in to the bios yourself and checking what is your current bios revision.

http://ca.msi.com/product/mb/785G-E53.html#/?div=BIOS

Also it still could be a motherboard problem because the motherboard is split into independent sections, problems on the PCI-E slot wont bother anything else on the motherboard. My bet is try the bios update and it may solve your problem. Let me know how it goes.
m
l
October 15, 2012 1:13:21 PM

socialfox said:
Sorry for the late reply, here is a link to your bios update page, verify if this is your motherboard and download the latest driver after going in to the bios yourself and checking what is your current bios revision.

http://ca.msi.com/product/mb/785G-E53.html#/?div=BIOS

Also it still could be a motherboard problem because the motherboard is split into independent sections, problems on the PCI-E slot wont bother anything else on the motherboard. My bet is try the bios update and it may solve your problem. Let me know how it goes.

I haven't updated bios before..I have gone through the help, found that flashing the bios is required..so its a risky little bit.
m
l
October 20, 2012 5:06:26 PM

Nothing to worry about, your motherboard is capable of using usbs for the bios update. I recommend you format the usb disk (should be a quality one not a generic one) through windows format and select it to be a fat or fat32. Then simply copy over the bios file you download and restart the pc with the usb in and run the bios update.
m
l
!