Upload pictures and midi files to the gallery on my 3100 ?

Tags:
  • Nokia
  • MIDI
Last response: in Brands
June 17, 2004 3:46:16 PM

Hi..

Just bought a data-cable for my new Nokia 3100. I can connect with it, thru
Oxygen Phono Manager trial ( with DLR-3 or DLR-3P ), but can't upload
anything to the gallery, since its trial..

Is there any programs free or shareware on the net, that can do the job ?

I don't have the funds to buy the full version of Oxy....

Regards Fromm

More about : upload pictures midi files gallery 3100

Anonymous
June 17, 2004 5:22:37 PM

"Jakob Fromm" <Fromm@ironmaiden.dk> wrote in message
> Hi..
>
> Just bought a data-cable for my new Nokia 3100. I can connect with it,
thru
> Oxygen Phono Manager trial ( with DLR-3 or DLR-3P ), but can't upload
> anything to the gallery, since its trial..
>
> Is there any programs free or shareware on the net, that can do the job ?
>
> I don't have the funds to buy the full version of Oxy....

PC Suite supports the 3100, and it's freely available from Nokia.
However....... what cable are you using? If it's a genuine DKU-5, or a
decent clone of the DKU-5 it'll work fine. If it's one of the dirt cheap
DKU-5 cloned cables, don't be too surprised if it doesn't work.

--
>>> Unlock Your Phone's Potential <<<
>>> http://www.uselessinfo.org.uk <<<
>>> http://www.thephonelocker.co.uk <<<
Anonymous
June 17, 2004 5:22:38 PM

> PC Suite supports the 3100, and it's freely available from Nokia.
> However....... what cable are you using? If it's a genuine DKU-5, or a
> decent clone of the DKU-5 it'll work fine. If it's one of the dirt cheap
> DKU-5 cloned cables, don't be too surprised if it doesn't work.

Thats the problem. The cable isnt recognised by the Nokia Data Suite
program.

> --

Anonymous
June 17, 2004 6:19:44 PM

"Jakob Fromm" <reply@group.com> writes:

>> PC Suite supports the 3100, and it's freely available from Nokia.
>> However....... what cable are you using? If it's a genuine DKU-5, or a
>> decent clone of the DKU-5 it'll work fine. If it's one of the dirt cheap
>> DKU-5 cloned cables, don't be too surprised if it doesn't work.
>>

>Thats the problem. The cable isnt recognised by the Nokia Data Suite
>program.

I have been tinkering with gnokii (not much success) & gammu (some
success) on Linux. They don't care about cable, as long as a driver
is loaded. I believe both have win32 versions.

www.gnokii.org & for gammu, www.mwiacek.com

--
<> Robert Geer & Donna Tomky | |||| We sure |||| <>
<> bgeer@xmission.com | == == find it == == <>

"Richard Colton" <webmaster@NOSPAMuselessinfo.org.uk> writes:
>If it's one of the dirt cheap
>DKU-5 cloned cables, don't be too surprised if it doesn't work.

FYI: my "made in china" clone DKU-5 doesn't work with Nokia PC Suite,
but it works with both gnokii & gammu on Linux.

--
<> Robert Geer & Donna Tomky | |||| We sure |||| <>
<> bgeer@xmission.com | == == find it == == <>
<> dtomky@xmission.com | == == enchanting == == <>
<> Albuquerque, NM USA | |||| here! |||| <>
Anonymous
June 17, 2004 7:35:48 PM

"Jakob Fromm" <reply@group.com> wrote in message
> > PC Suite supports the 3100, and it's freely available from Nokia.
> > However....... what cable are you using? If it's a genuine DKU-5, or a
> > decent clone of the DKU-5 it'll work fine. If it's one of the dirt
cheap
> > DKU-5 cloned cables, don't be too surprised if it doesn't work.
> >

> Thats the problem. The cable isnt recognised by the Nokia Data Suite
> program.

So it's one of the cheap cloned cables then?

That's the problem with cloned cables, you nver know if they're going to
operate as they should. Not much help obviously, but it looks like you'll
be stuck with using third party software, and you'll have to pay for them.
Have a look at MobiMB, it should do virtually all you'll need.

--
>>> Unlock Your Phone's Potential <<<
>>> http://www.uselessinfo.org.uk <<<
>>> http://www.thephonelocker.co.uk <<<
Anonymous
June 18, 2004 8:11:41 AM

"Jakob Fromm" <Fromm@ironmaiden.dk> wrote in message news:<28c6b63111207935390bec864dca37b3@unlimited.ultrafeed.com>...

> Just bought a data-cable for my new Nokia 3100. I can connect with it, thru
> Oxygen Phono Manager trial ( with DLR-3 or DLR-3P ), but can't upload
> anything to the gallery, since its trial..
>
> Is there any programs free or shareware on the net, that can do the job ?
>
> I don't have the funds to buy the full version of Oxy....

You can manage basic functions even with trial version. Also we have
special program of sales. Now we have special Summer Sale! Just have a
look on our site: http://www.oxygensoftware.com/ We offer great 25%
sale! Hurry up, until our offer is still valid! You can register
Oxygen Phone Manager II with this sale here:

http://www.oxygensoftware.com/order/

If you will have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
info@oxygensoftware.com
http://www.opm-2.com/
http://www.oxygensoftware.com/
Anonymous
June 18, 2004 4:10:08 PM

> Have a look at MobiMB, it should do virtually all you'll need.

Downloaded and tried that one now. It connects to the phone, and show it in
the left column, but nothing is available ( gallery and so forth ). It just
shows the phone, and nothing more ( not like the screenshots, where there is
a lot of subdirs )

Regards Fromm
Anonymous
June 18, 2004 4:10:09 PM

>> Have a look at MobiMB, it should do virtually all you'll need.
>
> Downloaded and tried that one now. It connects to the phone, and show it
> in
> the left column, but nothing is available ( gallery and so forth ). It
> just
> shows the phone, and nothing more ( not like the screenshots, where there
> is
> a lot of subdirs )

In the the new update, I forgot to add one of the 3100's to the list! Try
downloading again now:

http://www.logomanager.co.uk/download.php

Mike

--
Get your phone connected with LogoManager
http://www.logomanager.co.uk

> > Downloaded and tried that one now. It connects to the phone, and show it
> > in
> > the left column, but nothing is available ( gallery and so forth ). It
> > just
> > shows the phone, and nothing more ( not like the screenshots, where
there
> > is
> > a lot of subdirs )
>
> In the the new update, I forgot to add one of the 3100's to the list! Try
> downloading again now:
>
> http://www.logomanager.co.uk/download.php

Thx, it works now..
What a great service ;)