Sign in with
Your question
Solved

No Post/No Beep

Last response: in Systems
June 14, 2012 2:13:41 AM

So I just had all my parts come in and began building a new build. Everything was set up right, I turn it on and LEDs plus fans come on. I know I've done the basics right. I've read most posts on here and tried everything. The CPU 4pin is plugged in. I've tested out different PSUs, moved the RAM around and even tried some ram from other computers. Finally I went bearboard and tried different combos. Not once did the computer post or even beep.

At this point I'm assuming it's either the mobo or CPU. Unfortunately this is my first build with the AMD Llano chips so I don't have any other mobo with the right socket or CPU to test. Is there anything I can do to know for sure which one is messed up?

Thanks guys!

PS: Long time reader, first time poster so let me say hello to everyone!

More about : post beep

June 14, 2012 2:27:15 AM

Sorry, here are the specs. And yea that article was the first one I read

CASE ROSEWILL|R363-M-BK
MB BIOSTAR|A55MH A55 FM1
APU AMD | A4-3400 2.7G FM1
MEM 4G|G.SKILL F3-10666CL9S-4GBNT
HDD 500G|ST ST500DM002 7.2K

The case came with a 400 PSU
m
l
Related resources
June 14, 2012 2:33:14 AM

Do the basics. Mobo, PSU, one RAM stick in the first slot, CPU. Plug everything in from the beginning. Follow your motherboard's manual exactly. This is just to rule out operator error before you have to start determining whether parts are broken.
m
l
June 14, 2012 2:39:56 AM

Well I'm a bit confused on what you mean by basics? I've done most of the stuff your saying to do already. When you say Mobo, CPU what exactly do you want to me do with them?
m
l
June 14, 2012 2:41:35 AM

Use only them. No HDD, no case, only one RAM stick.
Do you have your CPU heatsink on correctly?
m
l
June 14, 2012 2:52:09 AM

Oh yeah I've already done that. I should've elaborated when I originally said I tried different combos. I tested the PSU separately with a paper clip and it was fine. I tried booting up with only the CPU and this got nothing. Than I tried the RAM in different slots and just to be sure I used RAM that works from two other computers, yet still no beeps.

Like I said, I'm assuming its the Mobo or CPU. Should I just replace both of them just to be safe? I just don't wanna have to pay to ship both of them back off.
m
l

Best solution

June 14, 2012 3:02:58 AM

I think a bad CPU would get you a beep code, assuming you've got a speaker. Replace the mobo.
June 14, 2012 3:06:55 AM

Thanks man!
m
l
June 20, 2012 11:55:49 PM

Best answer selected by habdal09.
m
l
!